(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

On 2019-03-21 at 5:15 AM, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Besides aesthetic there isn’t really anything an Umbra variant would offer over a prime variant.

Except Excalibur Umbra has different abilities and polarity layout.

• Like 2

On 2019-03-22 at 10:00 AM, Ver1dian said:

Honestly, if they go for more Umbral frames, I'd prefer if it's behind some quest that has some actual challenges.

Like doing profit taker and Tridolons solo, archwing survival, 1H Index solo, survive 15 min in Mot with operator...etc.

Wouldn't mind a whole laundry list akin to Nightwave, hidden behind a quest. Each chapter rewarding a part of frame/weapon.

It would just be nice if it's not another "a matter of time" ordeal, let us actually need some skill or gear.

Honestly, I rather have it lore related than just slapped behind some random game modes/gimmick mechanics that make zero sense for the frame in question.

• Like 2

I demand that Umbral Limbo's Theorem require actual mathematical proof written by the player to compete the quest. The proof must use shadowy techniques explored in Umbral Calculus (yes, this is real).

Posted (edited)

Quests to have a warframe recall their memories before their infection would be a cool way to "umbra-fy" each frame. It'd be a quest for each one and we could get some good lore and backstory. The reward could just be an a umbral forma or something that doesn't change the warframes playability. 

Edited by Chaemyerelis

21 hours ago, Grimlock- said:

Any news about new umbra frames?

so far what we know

dev 125 stated they are discussing how they will implement and probably not lore tied but more are to come 

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

so far what we know

dev 125 stated they are discussing how they will implement and probably not lore tied but more are to come 

whos the next WF you're looking forward to being Umbrified?

other than Volt

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

whos the next WF you're looking forward to being Umbrified?

other than Volt

well since umbras dont have an order like primes (officially yet) 

id say ember 

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well since umbras dont have an order like primes (officially yet) 

id say ember 

Hmm. Ember Umbra would be interesting to see. Alongside a rework of course.

Embra? Umber? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Hmm. Ember Umbra would be interesting to see. Alongside a rework of course.

Embra? Umber? 

its partially cause im a pyro at heart 

i love her flame helm and hope her umbra if she gets it has more fire effects

Image result for ember prime

Image result for ember umbra

blazing cobalt did a really nice design of a concept art for ember umbra 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
  • Applause 1

STATUE UPDATE: 

not sure about others But  I just received my notice and its set for MAY , check your emails and see if you received a notice if your apart of batch 1 

2127314948-20190404-153729512.jpg450438707-20190404-153726396.jpg

• Like 1

so had some talks about wolf i wanted to share

there is this theory he becomes the next male warframe 

I had a interesting contemplation , what if he becomes the next umbra frame

given that night-wave gives us out 1st umbra forma , what if we can infect wolf with umbras strain and make him a new umbra warframe? 

as we know grineer can be affected by the infested virus 

latest.png

it goes to reason they also could be infected by the warframe virus(es?) as they are genetically also human 

6 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Interesting theory, how would that work though?

The whole umbra thing was basically us coming to an understanding with Excal U and working towards a mutual goal. I don't think the Wolf would appreciate us turning him into a Warframe.

• Like 1

On 2019-04-05 at 2:40 AM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

STATUE UPDATE: 

not sure about others But  I just received my notice and its set for MAY , check your emails and see if you received a notice if your apart of batch 1 

Made it into batch 1 as well 😄

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lion said:

Interesting theory, how would that work though?

The whole umbra thing was basically us coming to an understanding with Excal U and working towards a mutual goal. I don't think the Wolf would appreciate us turning him into a Warframe.

well possibly we have to use the umbra forma and fuse it with him to start the process or perhaps use helmith and extract some virus tissue from excalibur umbra and then inject this into the wolf

or some combination of the two

perhaps as you said wold would not appreciate it , but then he has done things per nora that are outside the norm for a grineer

Why didn't he run? Why didn't he hit that Solar Rail as far as it would take him? Instead, he's stalking those soul-bare, money-huggers 'round Jupiter. My birds are sayin' the Corpus net got flipped. A system-wide message from the Wolf. DELIVER GHARN. Where'd a meathead learn a trick like that? And who's Gharn? Baby, you can guess... he's the Warden of Saturn Six! A big man, too well dressed for his station, too well fed for his rank. And he's in the solar wind too... think he knows how the Wolf came to howlin'?"

he already knows hacking of corpus tech and is it seems per each act is on a hunt for gharn maybe we need to work together and he needs that extra power and strength only a warframe has to take his revenge?

Just now, Ksaero said:

Made it into batch 1 as well 😄

congrats

So I'm guessing the Umbral forma just adds a polarity? With regular forma now getting the bonus of a second energy color, maybe Umbral forma could add a second passive? Say, spectre mode like Umbra?

Damnit I'm tired of Excalibur 😆

10 hours ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:

So I'm guessing the Umbral forma just adds a polarity? With regular forma now getting the bonus of a second energy color, maybe Umbral forma could add a second passive? Say, spectre mode like Umbra?

Damnit I'm tired of Excalibur 😆

who knows, i know normal forma can be used in building things so i was keeping mine incase a new umbra requires one to be built 

On 2019-04-18 at 9:05 AM, (XB1)Kavriel said:

maybe Umbral forma could add a second passive? Say, spectre mode like Umbra?

And if you put it on a gun it's gonna be like

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

As I was casually surfing the wikia yesterday, I noticed an article pertaining to an interesting cosmetic. The Umbra Beast helmet has an interesting design asthetic, reminiscient of the traditional Excalibur motifs with the orokin accents. It seems more visually interesting compared to the original helmet.

However, it's currently an exclusive to the Chinese build of the game. I can't be certain if they just released it early just as they did with Umbra Prime, but hopefully DE plans to release the helmet globally within in the future. What does everyone else think?

latest?cb=20190416040118

• Like 2
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)

Dunno if that ever will come over to be honest, seeing as it’s a compensation for Chinaframe Founders. Would be neat but I prefer the base Umbra helmet, which (in my contrary opinion to the OP) looks much more like base Excalibur then the Beast helmet.

Edited by OmegaZero

It's probably going to remain exclusive like Excalibur Umbra Prime is.

I don't think we'll ever get it:

"This helmet was given as compensation to those who purchased the China Founders pack"

but do the china warframe founder get to keep their umbra prime warframe?
or it turn into normal umbral warframe?
also what happens to excal umbra prime radial blind. will it be replaced with Radial Howl ?