(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

He didn't really betray all of humanity. He betrayed the Orokin caste of humanity, which were the ones who ordered the execution of Margulis. From what we've heard they weren't exactly the best bunch either so I don't think we can say Ballas is bad for killing them. As for forcibly converting people, yea he did do that, doesn't seem much different when a country forcibly enlists young men to go fight in wars they will more than likely die in.

Didn't he also try to send Tenno Reaervoir coordinates to Hunhow?

Edited by Ksaero
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Didn't he also try to send Tenno Reaervoir coordinates to Hunhow?

Yea, due to a combination of resenting the Tenno because in his mind they caused Margulis to rebel against the Seven Emporers, and because of Natah's influence. I think he's realised how badly he messed up though, since he now views both himself and the Tenno as fools for looking at Natah like she was someone she wasn't.

I just don't want to see Ballas take bow this early. I think his character has a lot of potential.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

umbra grakata would also be a thing then

Clem disapproved

5E3709g.gif

for we have clem prime fan-art drawing

Spoiler

edpASvJ.jpg

so why not clem umbra, more gray and red scarf still clinging on of his old friend that gave it to him.

Do you think we'll be seeing any more of him as a character rather than just another piece of equipment? Personally, I think it's kind of weird after he finds peace/acceptance/blood-fueled-absolution he just finds it acceptable to sit in your inventory, he doesn't even get a spot in your orbiter.

I'd have thought it would make sense that, with the absence of Lotus, and he having lost his own son, Umbra would would view the operator as a kind of surrogate son/daughter, and they Player having the option to reciprocate in the form of decisions presented to the player, like throughout The War Within or at the end of The Glast Gambit.

Even if it's not that, I just hope Umbra doesn't become forgotten in the perspective of the game's story, It'd be neat if he at least made appearances in your orbiter like a certain specific eldritch void entity.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

I'd love a memorial for Isaah, imagine Umbra paying respect to it time to time and rest of the time he checks arsenal , foundry etc. Maybe even sits somewhere in Orbiter and sharpens his blade :O

An Operator and Umbra interaction would be nice too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

I'd love a memorial for Isaah, imagine Umbra paying respect to it time to time and rest of the time he checks arsenal , foundry etc. Maybe even sits somewhere in Orbiter and sharpens his blade 😮

An Operator and Umbra interaction would be nice too.

Maybe you return from a mission and see him fiddling with the crafting table or mod bench, and then he sees you and does that tsundere turn like in his idle animation.

Edited by Morrow
spelling

4 minutes ago, Morrow said:

Maybe you return from a mission and see him fiddling with the crafting table or mod bench, and then he see's you and does that tsundere turn like in his idle animation.

OMG , how can I erase it from my head.

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH.

Can't stop imagining it. Thanks Morrow !

Doubtful. His story seemed fairly well concluded considering what happened next. I'd doubt we see him outside of any new umbral frames to justify their existence.

• Upvote 3

vor 2 Stunden schrieb AzureTerra:

Hopefully one day in the future we can get rid of it.

CQzjKts.gif

On topic: yeah I'd like to see more of him, no doubt about it. It'd be great to learn more about him. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

He should appear in TNW considering he was once victim of Lotus' plan and Lotus broke him (literally). I believe he would like to have vengeance too.

I'm going to say yes.

I find it quite unusual that DE has set a release time period for TNW, especially along what seems to be a disparity with how feature-complete the Railjack is compared to the rest of Empyrean (notably, the barren navigation). So, I'm thinking we're getting Empyrean soon, as they've more or less finished the core system for the Railjack and implemented it into the New War - hence the extremely long delay from 'pre-Tennocon' to 'This Christmas' - they may be done or near-done and are waiting to release Empyrean first for Bug-fixing (don't want game-breaking glitches in a cinematic quest) and Progression reasons since we'd need a good AI crew for solo missions, as Cinematic quests are. There is also potential Story reasons why they might want to hold back.

I mean, with Ordis, Cy, Umbra and maybe the Railjack Crew, our Tenno will have a pretty close band, and 'family', potentially. Ties nicely into the stated family themes of TNW, but we'd need time to get that set up first. In which case, I could see Umbra serve as a special crewmember for the New War mission - with Ordis or Cy suggesting that we bring another Warframe and have Umbra come along as well using his independence so we can maximise our firepower. Cue ensemble shot of our Tenno, their frame, Umbra, and their supporting cast, on their way to slay or save the Lotus.

13 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

He should appear in TNW considering he was once victim of Lotus' plan and Lotus broke him (literally). I believe he would like to have vengeance too.

Do you mean Ballas?

I personally don’t believe Umbra has that level of sentience or personality. If they do implement something along those lines then it would be neat though.

52 minutes ago, Fangsie said:

Do you mean Ballas?

No, in his intro cutscene, Lotus was the one who destroyed him, she was the purple-grey sentient.

14 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

Excal Umbra’s nasty. 

Like, that’s a person you know? 

That's exactly why I'd like to see more of him, he's not just a (somewhat) mindless husk like other warframes, he doesn't need an operator influencing him do do things, and has his own opinions and values.

There is a lot more for Umbra E to do. I still get goosebumps each time I watch that grab out of the void. That is what I want to do to all the void demons. Sever the strings, bring the frames full power to fruition, and the next part of the Orbiter opens to show a room where we can pose our frames in a waiting position from kneeling, one knee kneel, or other choices.

And we find out 2nd Umbra has been in the Orbiter this whole time.

I think we're done with his story. It was concluded rather well, and I don't really see a point in continuing it further.

• Applause 1

15 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Both Lotus and Umbra are products of Ballas's plans.  Umbra found out Ballas was going to leak the secret of the Tenno to Hunhow, and was Infested.  Hunhow received the information, gave birth to Natah, who was later forcibly reprogrammed in to becoming the Lotus after the fall of the Empire.

You can make a pretty convincing argument that the collapse of the Orokin is Ballas getting back at the Empire that made him sentence the love of his life to death.