Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

6 hours ago, (XB1)LordZonut said:

I personally think Umbras should be for the frames that wouldn't make sense to have a prime

There isn't any frame like that, because according to the lore, the primes came first. Those were the versions created by the Orokin. The vanilla versions are the lesser quality copy of the primes, created with Tenno technology (which is less advanced) after data of the original prime was partially lost. Lore wise, when we get a new prime, this ancient technology is rediscovered, and becomes available for everyone.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

There isn't any frame like that, because according to the lore, the primes came first. Those were the versions created by the Orokin. The vanilla versions are the lesser quality copy of the primes, created with Tenno technology (which is less advanced) after data of the original prime was partially lost. Lore wise, when we get a new prime, this ancient technology is rediscovered, and becomes available for everyone.

Yeah that makes sense now not gonna lie.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

The thing about lore is that it is up there with myth and fabricated events. Look at Columbus discovering a place that already had people living on it and been visited before.

Not ONCE in this game have we gotten a Prime before anything in the game. It makes more sense that to pump up their already inflated ego, the Orokin told people they made the Frames before there were frames to get praised for creating something to end the war. Seen bone spurs man do this way too often and most info in game says otherwise as well. Look at the new trailer for Startup of Warframe. Those ain't Prime.

But people will stick to the lore no matter what truths stare them in the face....

On 2019-10-10 at 8:28 AM, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

On 2019-10-10 at 1:37 AM, (XB1)LordZonut said:

I personally think Umbras should be for the frames that wouldn't make sense to have a prime i.e Nidus, Revenant, basically frames that it would not make sense for the Orokin to have made a more powerful version of a frame. Plus that I suck at potato collecting and that it would be weird if there is a prime version and an umbra version for a new player.

not to mention umbras are themselves an orokin sidegrade , same level as a prime and has gold bits

On 2019-10-10 at 3:27 PM, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

The thing about lore is that it is up there with myth and fabricated events. Look at Columbus discovering a place that already had people living on it and been visited before.

Not ONCE in this game have we gotten a Prime before anything in the game. It makes more sense that to pump up their already inflated ego, the Orokin told people they made the Frames before there were frames to get praised for creating something to end the war. Seen bone spurs man do this way too often and most info in game says otherwise as well. Look at the new trailer for Startup of Warframe. Those ain't Prime.

But people will stick to the lore no matter what truths stare them in the face....

actually your incorrect on the not once part, excalibur prime was the 1st warframe , thats an irrefutable fact and truth, he was created and delivered via the kickstarter before the games launch into beta . so technically primes still came before the normal if you wanna go that route. 

specifically though primes are created and a cheaper cost effective economy model is later developed for mass production I.E. the vanilla frame variant , like anything in production you make a prototype and derive a model thats close to that with cheaper costs to produce 

12 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

actually your incorrect on the not once part, excalibur prime was the 1st warframe , thats an irrefutable fact and truth, he was created and delivered via the kickstarter before the games launch into beta . so technically primes still came before the normal if you wanna go that route. 

specifically though primes are created and a cheaper cost effective economy model is later developed for mass production I.E. the vanilla frame variant , like anything in production you make a prototype and derive a model thats close to that with cheaper costs to produce 

Kinda sad that I don't even consider Excal P anything more than a statue in a ship that needs a key after a key to even witness in the XB1.

Excal is said to be the first but as you said, we gotta make a prototype (looks at skin) before anything else and usually a prototype is based off of some type of place or situation that the first came from. Deluxe skins tell us a different story than what the Frames lore imply. And knowing good storytelling, DE will set up the whole lore and then one day, have some character come forth and say something such as "when you tell a lie enough and people accept it without question, you know you have power like no others. And we Orokin....we could lie to change the universe."

Or not....

On 2019-10-10 at 5:30 PM, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

Kinda sad that I don't even consider Excal P anything more than a statue in a ship that needs a key after a key to even witness in the XB1.

Excal is said to be the first but as you said, we gotta make a prototype (looks at skin) before anything else and usually a prototype is based off of some type of place or situation that the first came from. Deluxe skins tell us a different story than what the Frames lore imply. And knowing good storytelling, DE will set up the whole lore and then one day, have some character come forth and say something such as "when you tell a lie enough and people accept it without question, you know you have power like no others. And we Orokin....we could lie to change the universe."

Or not....

the proto skin series is a nod to an older game called darksector , if you know DE history that was the game they hoped to make into warframe but it became its own thing via its publishers influence to publish it , warframe came much later (game demo) (if you want to know more, watch then no clip  doc it has a good video on warframe that talks about it)

now in warframe the game has many nods and such to that game as it was what was to be the root of warframe before it was changed

the frames seen as protos there are also suits not actual people morphed by a virus (excalibur proto and nyx proto) these are different from the current game variations , the volt proto is a nod to this game as well, not to mention the recent boss in nightwave season 2 

Spoiler

Dark Sector 

Image result for excalibur dark sector

Image result for nyx nemesis

IN WARFRAMEImage result for nyx nemesis

now the only current deluxe i can think of that is applicable to REAL game is germesi which is original valkyr before she got caught , if you review the prime it takes a lot of design similarities from this form. and its rational that valkyr vanilla non germesi was altered to be more like the prime with less armor  via corpus tech additions 

Spoiler

Image result for valkyr germesi

other deluxes are more or less just cosmetics , the saryn , loki, oberon however were alter added to the silver grove ark , showing they are in game but were more or elss just added so it wasnt fighting a generic spectar like in rails 

we also know from lore standpoint there is inconsistencies such as say rell / lotus / kuva queens/ ect that conflict on areas of the tenno themselves.

warframes however fit well into what vitruvian brought forth  and current lore is easy to understand at least about them

more or less warframe devs try to add darksector easter eggs or halmwarks or whatever you call it to acknowledge the game that inspired this games creation 

still awaiting replacement tshirt 

op was also updated and cleaned up

So.....how does Reworks work for Umbras? It's not as though they had those new updates during the time of their creation but now that the Frame they are based around gets updated, they just get the new setup?

Storywise I mean. For instance, Excal didn't get his Exalted B until a few years ago.....meanwhile, Umbra Excal has one the first time we see him. Was he just created when we get the cinematic reveal or has he been in stasis all this time and when he got released, he updated by the Warframe Grid to the latest version?

I am curious (lorewise) as I wonder how Umbra Ember will explain all of a sudden having Metoers and no more World on Fire out if the blue. Image her running a mission somewhere and has World on Fire......and it just stops. She goes to use it and Giant Rocks on Fire fall where she is looking. The look of WTF would be priceless in that Frames....face?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

So.....how does Reworks work for Umbras? It's not as though they had those new updates during the time of their creation but now that the Frame they are based around gets updated, they just get the new setup?

I wouldn’t say gameplay or updates have any bearing on lore unless specified, but it’s certainly fun to think about. Maybe Excaliburs could originally use Exalted Blade, but the knowledge on how to do so was lost alongside the Tenno’s memories of the Old War. Reworks would then be a result of Tenno rediscovering these hidden powers and sharing their usage with their peers.

On 2019-10-23 at 9:44 PM, Limbo_Darkness said:

Y'know, at this rate, I wonder if the Umbra Vitruvian T-Shirts are ever going to be sent. I haven't received any status emails since earlier this year, which stated it would be in June/July. I guess it's a just only a few bucks wasted, and not the entire statue.

to my knowledge the just sent one a week or so ago 

ive received both statue and tshirt , as have some others, its going by order number placed  so there is a que of 1000, gonna take some time

still waiting on shirt replacement, probably will have to wait a bit ,but it did say watch for an email 

4 hours ago, CephKaron said:

Did anyone else get an email asking to reply w personal info and order nr to get the 1000 plat compensation?

It's not only 1000 plat but also 25% discount for Empyrean pack when it comes out. Sacrifice Collection was a nice investment, I don't mind waiting another year for my shirt if they keep giving such compensations. 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xaero said:

So those who received their shirts get compensated as well?

Hope so.

Ordered mine as a XL, came as a L. Ripped as soon as I tried it on.

I'm not even a big dude, I guess it's just uhhhh chinese sizes are different than ours and I was woefully prepared.

14 minutes ago, Lion said:

Hope so.

Ordered mine as a XL, came as a L. Ripped as soon as I tried it on.

I'm not even a big dude, I guess it's just uhhhh chinese sizes are different than ours and I was woefully prepared.

That would be a fault on their side, try opening a ticket and order a replacement.