Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

4 минуты назад, Loza03 сказал:

I'd love to see Umbra have a special interaction with the Necramechs. Since he used to be a Dax, it's not impossible that he might have fought alongside one. It'd be pretty neat for him to have a reaction to them like Father does.

Hmm, does he follow you around, if you're in a mech? If so, that's already enough of a unique interaction for me. 🙃

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I'd love to see Umbra have a special interaction with the Necramechs. Since he used to be a Dax, it's not impossible that he might have fought alongside one. It'd be pretty neat for him to have a reaction to them like Father does.

On that note, I wonder what he thinks of the Entrati. 

4 hours ago, Rantear said:

Hmm, does he follow you around, if you're in a mech? If so, that's already enough of a unique interaction for me. 🙃

i havent gotten mine yet to test but when i pop intoa mech he does seem to follow it  , so id assume that works also? 

On 2020-08-28 at 7:21 PM, Rantear said:

On 2020-08-29 at 12:14 AM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i havent gotten mine yet to test but when i pop intoa mech he does seem to follow it  , so id assume that works also? 

Just gained mine. He does indeed, although if you use the 'swap between' function (If you own a necramech, you can transfer directly between it and frame by looking at it) his Ai will either not switch on or not switch off. The former is an annoyance - the latter forces an abort.

Though it's still indescribably badass.

On 2020-08-29 at 8:56 PM, Loza03 said:

Just gained mine. He does indeed, although if you use the 'swap between' function (If you own a necramech, you can transfer directly between it and frame by looking at it) his Ai will either not switch on or not switch off. The former is an annoyance - the latter forces an abort.

Though it's still indescribably badass.

yea same here, but word of warning if your moving when you transfer between two they can get stuck in run animation which can cause a bug when you return to umbra thinking its both spectar and normal, cause you to be frozen in place unable to move, leaving squad fixes this, but if your solo you are screwed 

also switching between the two frequently can get your operator stuck in a unusable state, you can walk around but you need to get hp wiped then u return to umbra and it fixes the issue 

subsume testing with umbra and specter umbra (replacing radial javelin)  

pillage

User:  provides useful armor stripping and shields to umbra

specter: no use noted 

Thermalsunder

user: 3 elemental aoe damage variants and armor strip 

specter: use of ice aoe noted 

if anyone has other notes on subsumes it will be usefull and we might start a doc if needed 

its interesting, ive seen a lot of player chatter in regards to wanting better and reliable umbra forma farm and obtainment, and while ive never used any of mine , i do understand that its useful and i dont see why its not at least given more of a deliverable drop area then maybe on on railjack or nightwaves. it does not break builds as you can just normal forma the frames up to have it close if not the same, so i dont see why obtainment is so scarce.

granted i dont use mine as i had this nitemare de forced new umbras BP and parts to require umbra forma to build so i remain in paranoia  

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

its interesting, ive seen a lot of player chatter in regards to wanting better and reliable umbra forma farm and obtainment, and while ive never used any of mine , i do understand that its useful and i dont see why its not at least given more of a deliverable drop area then maybe on on railjack or nightwaves. it does not break builds as you can just normal forma the frames up to have it close if not the same, so i dont see why obtainment is so scarce.

granted i dont use mine as i had this nitemare de forced new umbras BP and parts to require umbra forma to build so i remain in paranoia  

Never used mine either for mostly the same reason, but due to how "rare" they are how they do not have a reliable source yet.

The sheer FACT that people have been asking for this from Day 1, goes to show how out of touch they really are, they "removed" the Umbra Forma from the RJ because "Reasons" yet they haven't even obliged to put them in another spot besides the dumb ass night-wave grind wall, that is at the very last rank (or just about). Players want to either A: Earn it in-game another way, such as a Drop or Bounty (that is not tiddly low % rate) or B: Want it into the Market.

Something so simple, I can't warp my head around, yet they have time to release the mess that HoD was?

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2

contemplating umbra forma and its lack of obtainment

originally was in railjack but then removed. possibly duviri or some other later method could be employed to make it available to the user base via a drop or reward table.

moon sounded right but then thats easy to get to after tsd and not the sacrifice , so it would have to be on a planet or area that is only available onces someone has umbra. that cuts the pool down significantly on current areas. but if newer areas or methods or such were added after it could be satisfactory. though i think drop chance should be decent not some .11 percent or some such thing 

On 2020-08-31 at 10:58 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

subsume testing with umbra and specter umbra (replacing radial javelin)  

pillage

User:  provides useful armor stripping and shields to umbra

specter: no use noted 

Thermalsunder

user: 3 elemental aoe damage variants and armor strip 

specter: use of ice aoe noted 

if anyone has other notes on subsumes it will be usefull and we might start a doc if needed 

umbra follows the specter AI so:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Specter

With that list you'll know wich ability works on sentient mode or not. 

Has anyone hear something about echoes of umbra? I think now it's very fitting with the helminth system running, since they wanted to use it on the first iteration. 

40 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

umbra follows the specter AI so:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Specter

With that list you'll know wich ability works on sentient mode or not. 

Has anyone hear something about echoes of umbra? I think now it's very fitting with the helminth system running, since they wanted to use it on the first iteration. 

Yeah. Sentient Umbra uses your warframe abilities, so if you replace an ability that sentient Umbra uses, your sentient Umbra will use that new ability. From what I've noticed, he primarily uses Slash Dash, and after replacing Slash Dash with Eclipse, he uses Eclipse a lot.

11 hours ago, OniDax said:

Yeah. Sentient Umbra uses your warframe abilities, so if you replace an ability that sentient Umbra uses, your sentient Umbra will use that new ability. From what I've noticed, he primarily uses Slash Dash, and after replacing Slash Dash with Eclipse, he uses Eclipse a lot.

it's not tied to the slot itself, in the link you can see wich ability wich use even if it's put on exalted blade (like I did for a full AI umbra build)

• 2 weeks later...

so seems HOD is going to keep devs busy 

i do wonder if necramech could get a umbra themed cosmetic  or something

also did speak with tennogen artists and they all were pretty into necramech tennogen

ive seen a few try to do umbra themed tennogen but it didnt go far  

• 3 weeks later...

I'd settle for Umbra variants of the first 8 frames (Mag, Loki, Volt, Rhino, Trinity, Ash and Ember, Excal is done). No need for every frame to get umbrafied, cause that could potentially eliminate the point of Primes. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, BahamutKaiser said:

Why is this still a thread, there's only one Umbral Warframe, with no others confirmed.

seems youve been awol or not kept up with info  per dev-stream 58 and 125 confirmed more umbra frames are coming and are in the works 

4 hours ago, Hierarch777 said:

Umbra Forma already is in main drops, as a reward from special caches in Railjack. 5% chance iirc. 

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read previous posts. 

is fine

4 hours ago, Hierarch777 said:

I'd settle for Umbra variants of the first 8 frames (Mag, Loki, Volt, Rhino, Trinity, Ash and Ember, Excal is done). No need for every frame to get umbrafied, cause that could potentially eliminate the point of Primes. 

honestly id be ok with umbras of newer and older frames as it allows for devs to creatively generate umbras in a new order , such that wed see an umbra of a newer frame before we saw a prime