2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

My 2 cents

More umbra frames? No

Echoes of Umbra 2.0 + Umbral skins? Yes

I really don't want more frame variants, too much clutter

1 minute ago, (NSW)HydroBlade said:

yeah i can see that as a good point
since uh, umbras are just better primes
which can kill the whole relic thing, but i love that umbra skin idea!

honestly i dont understand this UMBRA> PRIME mentality ive been reading recently 

they are side grades and parallels to the primes , both have advantages and disadvantages for various reasons 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

My 2 cents

More umbra frames? No

Echoes of Umbra 2.0 + Umbral skins? Yes

I really don't want more frame variants, too much clutter

Make em an upgrade through Helminth. You can feed regular frames to Helminth, but not Primes. So what should Helminth do with Primes? Wake them up! Do your short frame quest to tame your frame (which could be an easy tie-in to the Leverian entries that a lot of people want playable) and then you get an awakened Umbral Warframe. Your frame has a new skin/helmet, the combat AI (which can be suppressed in your loadout if you don't want it), and a named Umbral weapon like Skiajati. ETA: And I guess an anti-Sentient buff to an ability. DE can release them a few at a time like they do with Prime Access.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

honestly i dont understand this UMBRA> PRIME mentality ive been reading recently 

But they are upgrades? Umbra has the same bonus stats as Excalibur Prime compared to the base Excalibur, but Umbra also has the combat mechanic and his howl. He's a direct upgrade to his Prime, just in mechanics and not stats.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 4
Just now, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Honestly if we ever did get more umbra frames it be mag and volt to reflect the starting picks

I always thought this was the logical choice if we ever get other Umbra frames. 

I'd be down with a Volt Umbra but idk what I'd do with 3 umbra polarities on a Mag. Probably end up forma over at least 2 and just use if for the skin I guess. 

• Like 1

"honestly i dont understand this UMBRA> PRIME mentality ive been reading recently 

they are side grades and parallels to the primes , both have advantages and disadvantages for various reasons "

considering that they have higher stats then the original(basic warframes) and most likely umbral polarities on for free, and an improved skill(based on radial blind changing to radial howl), and the sentience passive or something similar
it kinda does give more than a prime can, and considering its a quest. you wont have to go farming for relics
but thats what I thought, I assume they are going to add some balancing mechanic for this 

Edited by (NSW)HydroBlade
Just now, Berzerkules said:

I always thought this was the logical choice if we ever get other Umbra frames. 

I'd be down with a Volt Umbra but idk what I'd do with 3 umbra polarities on a Mag. Probably end up forma over at least 2 and just use if for the skin I guess. 

Mag is good with umbra mods, single target damage with magnetize is insane and the armor strip off polarize is noticeable in steel path

4 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Make em an upgrade through Helminth. You can feed regular frames to Helminth, but not Primes. So what should Helminth do with Primes? Wake them up! Do your short frame quest to tame your frame (which could be an easy tie-in to the Leverian entries that a lot of people want playable) and then you get an awakened Umbral Warframe. Your frame has a new skin/helmet, the combat AI (which can be suppressed in your loadout if you don't want it), and a named Umbral weapon like Skiajati. DE can release them a few at a time like they do with Prime Access.

I love this idea too, it would be a great way to balance the umbra frames, and it can be a great way to tie in some quests and lore.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

they are side grades and parallels to the primes , both have advantages and disadvantages for various reasons 

Dunno why you quoted me for that, because I didn't hinted or said anything about it. I think 3 variants for the same frame will be too much clutter, even if it's for a few of them. Umbra and Prime have literally the same stats, the only difference is the passive and the ability to trigger energy from orbs in the void.

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

Make em an upgrade through Helminth. You can feed regular frames to Helminth, but not Primes. So what should Helminth do with Primes? Wake them up! Do your short frame quest to tame your frame (which could be an easy tie-in to the Leverian entries that a lot of people want playable) and then you get an awakened Umbral Warframe. Your frame has a new skin/helmet, the combat AI (which can be suppressed in your loadout if you don't want it), and a named Umbral weapon like Skiajati. DE can release them a few at a time like they do with Prime Access.

That was kinda the idea with the Echoes of Umbra before the Helminth system, without the quest at least. I'm all for your idea tho, but I really want to avoid the clutter mess that some weapons have with multiple variants, this fits perfectly for that.

• Like 2
Just now, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Mag is good with umbra mods, single target damage with magnetize is insane and the armor strip off polarize is noticeable in steel path

Umbra Vitality and Fiber would seem to be a waste though. She can regen shields/over shields and we have shield gating now. It wouldn't be worth it to run full Umbral set for +22% strength when you could get more strength from a single mod. IDK, depends on if you normally run health mod on her I guess. 

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

Dunno why you quoted me for that, because I didn't hinted or said anything about it. I think 3 variants for the same frame will be too much clutter, even if it's for a few of them. Umbra and Prime have literally the same stats, the only difference is the passive and the ability to trigger energy from orbs in the void.

That was kinda the idea with the Echoes of Umbra before the Helminth system, without the quest at least. I'm all for your idea tho, but I really want to avoid the clutter mess that some weapons have with multiple variants, this fits perfectly for that.

sorry must have hit quote , my bad

3 minutes ago, (NSW)HydroBlade said:

"honestly i dont understand this UMBRA> PRIME mentality ive been reading recently 

they are side grades and parallels to the primes , both have advantages and disadvantages for various reasons "

considering that they have higher stats then the original(basic warframes) and most likely umbral polarities on for free, and and improved skill, and the sentience passive or something similar
it kinda does give more than a prime can, and considering its a quest. you wont have to go farming for relics
but thats what I thought, I assume they are going to add some balancing mechanic for this 

6 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

But they are upgrades? Umbra has the same bonus stats as Excalibur Prime compared to the base Excalibur, but Umbra also has the combat mechanic and his howl. He's a direct upgrade to his Prime, just in mechanics and not stats.

Umbras are and will be always a side grade to primes

primes and umbras stats are identical, and both have a power 

Prime deathorb is useful in void and Umbra anti sentient power is useful against sentient, its situational in when and were these are handy 

umrbas combat ai is double edged as it can take damage when you return to operator and isnt the best AI ...

while a prime and normal frames take no damage while in operator form 

umbras have innate umbra polarities making them easy to mod for those sets, but likewise primes have polarities innate also to make them easier

so they are different but that dosnt mean either one is better 

exaclibur umbras quest obtainment is a special case and had to deal with the whole star armor(china frame) getting a founder frame like excal prime, the deployment of excalibur umbra to global was to grant everyone a exaclibur upgrade from vanilla that anyone could get, and further de stated then that they had plans for more of this frame type 

the team have prior stated they probably wont do anything quest like for the other umbras 

which would mean umbra obtainment would be probably like primes in relics or earning them and building them. 

umrbas are simply the dark to the primes light 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

I wonder if tempestarii quest will shed some more light on orokin or something else lore wise ?

Apparently is related to Duviri Paradox since the trailer showed a void storm just before the cinematic trailer (timestamp 39:38, I've already done it but in case it didn't work)

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Apparently is related to Duviri Paradox since the trailer showed a void storm just before the cinematic trailer (timestamp 39:38, I've already done it but in case it didn't work)

maybe this is like a stepping stone to the duviri , as HOD gave us some nice lore info and some more concepts 

at this time concepts of parallel and paradox realities have been discussed, makes me wonder if de can use that angle for the umbra implementation 

Edited by (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako