Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

I wonder if tempestarii quest will shed some more light on orokin or something else lore wise ?

Apparently is related to Duviri Paradox since the trailer showed a void storm just before the cinematic trailer (timestamp 39:38, I've already done it but in case it didn't work)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Apparently is related to Duviri Paradox since the trailer showed a void storm just before the cinematic trailer (timestamp 39:38, I've already done it but in case it didn't work)

maybe this is like a stepping stone to the duviri , as HOD gave us some nice lore info and some more concepts 

at this time concepts of parallel and paradox realities have been discussed, makes me wonder if de can use that angle for the umbra implementation 

Edited by (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

• 3 weeks later...

Before I begin, I'd like to say I ADORE Umbra Excalibur, not just because of his stats but because of his story and how it tied into the origins of us as Tenno too. 
I want each future Umbra Frame to be unique, to have something makes them stand out as that legendary frame that inspired the rest, because I want to learn the true origins of each and every frame. I'm a Banshee main, if it wasn't obvious by my name, and I want to know why the Orokin made Banshee and know her real origins. For an Umbra Banshee, maybe when the Operator leaves the frame she will unleash a scream like the iconic Banshee of myth that makes all enemies nearby far weaker, then follow the Operator. Something like that which fits into the theme of the frame and makes the frame unique and possibly wanted on missions. 

On 2019-03-22 at 3:31 PM, (XBOX)XGN DrFeelGood said:

If it is not announced at Tennocon when will the next Umbra Warframe and new Umbra mods be added?

There's not a definite ETA yet, but I can at least reassure that there will be upcoming Umbra (confirmed by DE themselves). Not sure about Umbral mods though.

On 2021-04-27 at 2:08 PM, BansheesWailer said:

Before I begin, I'd like to say I ADORE Umbra Excalibur, not just because of his stats but because of his story and how it tied into the origins of us as Tenno too. 
I want each future Umbra Frame to be unique, to have something makes them stand out as that legendary frame that inspired the rest, because I want to learn the true origins of each and every frame. I'm a Banshee main, if it wasn't obvious by my name, and I want to know why the Orokin made Banshee and know her real origins. For an Umbra Banshee, maybe when the Operator leaves the frame she will unleash a scream like the iconic Banshee of myth that makes all enemies nearby far weaker, then follow the Operator. Something like that which fits into the theme of the frame and makes the frame unique and possibly wanted on missions. 

Before we begin, I'd like to point out that this is a two years old thread. Ever since, DE has mentioned in multiple streams that there are no plans on making anymore umbra frames.

Secondly, this might be something that DE will never admit, but trying to be a "good guy developer" they made umbra as some sort of a "consolation" for many people who will never ever get excal prime.

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

DE has mentioned in multiple streams that there are no plans on making anymore umbra frames.

Correction. DE mentioned that there would be more Umbra-style frames, but they've been pushed back until after The New War, at the earliest. DE wants to get all of their announced content done and shipped before they start those kind of projects.

They have not said that they're never making any more. The reasoning is that they want them to be 'special' and have their own stories.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Correction. DE mentioned that there would be more Umbra-style frames, but they've been pushed back until after The New War, at the earliest. DE wants to get all of their announced content done and shipped before they start those kind of projects.

They have not said that they're never making any more. The reasoning is that they want them to be 'special' and have their own stories.

Yeh... 

They've also said Raids are merely "postponed". 

You believe that too?

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You believe that too?

Yes.

Because I know that DE isn't going anywhere. The top staff there are absolutely obsessed with making this actually work. The staff in the studio may come and go, but this is their job now. People that have met them, spent time with them socially, have corroborated that.

Difference being?

I'm not overly invested in when.

I'm a long-term player, I've had my burn-out, abandoned the game, come back, played long enough to do it a second time, and I now only play because I have parts of the game I enjoy, it's a collection that I enjoy collecting, and there are people in the game that I enjoy playing with.

Entering into this situation, I have only one expectation; that it will arrive.

When, how, amount of bugs... that's allowed to be a complete surprise ^^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Correction²: DE mentioned that they MIGHT make more Umbra frames. Notice the capitalized word there?

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Correction²: DE mentioned that they MIGHT make more Umbra frames. Notice the capitalized word there?

Nope, the phrasing was 'There will be more umbral frames, but they won't be like Primes. Every frame has a Prime, but not all frames have an umbra'.

They straight up said there will be more.

In more recent DevStreams they said, in context of 'learning their lesson', that they're getting current content out first, and directly in response to a question about further Umbral style frames they said 'It's not on the table until after we've finished the content we've already announced'. 

So, pushed back, but still confirmed to be a thing.

5 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

From the streams that i remember, the reason why they're not planning on making more is exactly because excal is special, and have his own story. He is the posterboy of warframe.

I could be wrong. I don't exactly watch streams religiously like they gonna come out in some exams. 

But let's just humor me for a while and pretend that I'm right, they did said that. Then it won't be the first time DE change their minds on something. Warframe is a long running game and ideas will (and have) run out, at some point making a line of umbras would totally give them a safe quantity of contents for quite a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Warframe | Gara Prime Access Now Available On All Platforms! - YouTube

so with this we have broken the prior hypothesis that the white and black colored frames differ willing and unwilling

which was a basis for the concept that possibly the white colored frames got umbra variants in prior discussions

have to say i rather liked this trailer and the nice tidbit of lore

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

Warframe | Gara Prime Access Now Available On All Platforms! - YouTube

so with this we have broken the prior hypothesis that the white and black colored frames differ willing and unwilling

which was a basis for the concept that possibly the white colored frames got umbra variants in prior discussions

have to say i rather liked this trailer and the nice tidbit of lore

Personally, I'm just happy that DE are actually using their lore.

Ballas casually brings up another person - i.e., Nihil - in conversation, and we can tell he has an opinion about them. Ballas now has a relationship with an established character that isn't plot relevant, it just serves to make the world seem more real. Plus we can tell Ballas now has a sense of humour, given that Gara's existence is basically a mockery of Nihil

I have an idea to incorporate Umbral warframes into the game. Basically, to obtain them, you go through a version of the Sacrifice quest, albeit on a smaller scale.

Part 1: Creation

Occasionally, after the sacrifice quest, a certain tile referred to as an "ancient battleground" may spawn. In it, there are 4 or 5 scannable components of a Umbral warframe. Scanning them all grants a vision of what happened here (a scene like the teaser cutscene that plays when you start The Sacrifice), and the blueprint for that particular Umbra warframe.

Like with Excalibur umbra, this new Umbral warframe is crafted from a single blueprint and requires only 60 seconds to craft.

Once it's crafted, you're directed to equip it. At which point it goes beserk and runs off, just like in the Sacrifice quest

Part 2: Searching

Once that's done, you're directed to go track down the Umbral warframe and enter it's mind via Transference, and are shown a vision of what happened to the warframe in the past once you do so. You must repeat this several times, finding out more and more about that particular Umbra Warframe's past.

Part 3: The Conclusion

After the third time, you go down and face the Umbral warframe as yourself, just like in the penuultimate mission of The Sacrifice. Note that during this mission dying even once before you enter the Umbra Warframe's mind will cause the mission to instantly fail and force you to retry it. 

Once you enter the warframe's mind for the fourth and last time, you're shown a final vision, and then dropped into a memoryscape-style bossfight where you and the Warframe face the Warframe's past together, battling a boss that's symbolic of the warframe's traumas. Once you beat it, you snap back into reality, within the Umbral Warframe, and may extract now. The Umbral warframe may now be equipped and used freely.

• Like 1