Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Hierarch777 said:

Umbra Forma already is in main drops, as a reward from special caches in Railjack. 5% chance iirc. 

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read previous posts. 

is fine

4 hours ago, Hierarch777 said:

I'd settle for Umbra variants of the first 8 frames (Mag, Loki, Volt, Rhino, Trinity, Ash and Ember, Excal is done). No need for every frame to get umbrafied, cause that could potentially eliminate the point of Primes. 

honestly id be ok with umbras of newer and older frames as it allows for devs to creatively generate umbras in a new order , such that wed see an umbra of a newer frame before we saw a prime 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

hmm so with the release of umbra forma blueprint now in all platforms and now a new operation with sentients that are able to affect umbras

has any  pc player tried to see how umbra is affected or behaves??

Same as other warframes, unfortunately. I was expecting him to ngaf about the barrier, like he does in Necralisk, but nope, he kneels and stays where you left him.

1 hour ago, ryu-hayabusa1 said:

Same as other warframes, unfortunately. I was expecting him to ngaf about the barrier, like he does in Necralisk, but nope, he kneels and stays where you left him.

well thats kinda sad, was hopeful hed have some resistance or be a good countermeasure to the sentient in specter mode 

7 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

well thats kinda sad, was hopeful hed have some resistance or be a good countermeasure to the sentient in specter mode 

Well my headcanon is that Umbra don't want to enter the barrier because he's afraid he maybe go rawr again and/or damage himself and/or damage the bolt and bring the Operator in danger. But at least he should just chill outside the barrier and play Shawzin for moral support.

22 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Well my headcanon is that Umbra don't want to enter the barrier because he's afraid he maybe go rawr again and/or damage himself and/or damage the bolt and bring the Operator in danger. But at least he should just chill outside the barrier and play Shawzin for moral support.

unsure of how a headcannon meats with the game content or lore though in this regard 🤨

the spike cant cause harm to operator if anything make it harder on sentients trying to pulse him , in reality he should be able to rawr the new units into submission and make easy work of them 

but then that imo would lead to the need to make more umbras and less necramechs ...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

a topic for conversation

the umbra echos, will or should they return ?

the umbra echos was a system to grant ai (temporarily) to non umbra frames. you would have to go to lua , grind the bp , build and use the echo on a applicable frame for a (iirc) 24 ai specter mode when you go to operator mode. 

on reflection of this as it got severe backlash not for the idea but for how it was to be pushed out as a temporary thing to be grinded -to death

we know more umbras are to come per de , but the ai specter effect I think should not be limited as per what we know prior to tenno  the warframes were untamable.

with the operators ability to pacify the frames, they were then tamable and usable for the orokins war needs.

this isnt to say warframes cant have a will or ai as given rhino primes lore it went on a rampage without a tenno. 

so on reflection of this , i think a better implementation of the echos could be done as

--------echos of the umbras--------

• obtain an umbra echo device via LUA
  • using an umbra in the helmith allows a unique choice to extract umbra echos (using helmith resources to fuel it)
  • echos can then be instilled into any non umbra frame , this echo acts as a catalyst, triggering a reawakening of that frames consciousness (enables ai specter mode in operator state)
  • the echos effect is permanent , as it reawakens the frame
  • in arsenal a new toggle appears to enable or disable the ai specter mode 

now with this setup i think it is fair and offers a universal ai mode , thats to be tied with umbras & helmith

• Like 2

5 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

a topic for conversation

the umbra echos, will or should they return ?

the umbra echos was a system to grant ai (temporarily) to non umbra frames. you would have to go to lua , grind the bp , build and use the echo on a applicable frame for a (iirc) 24 ai specter mode when you go to operator mode. 

on reflection of this as it got severe backlash not for the idea but for how it was to be pushed out as a temporary thing to be grinded -to death

we know more umbras are to come per de , but the ai specter effect I think should not be limited as per what we know prior to tenno  the warframes were untamable.

with the operators ability to pacify the frames, they were then tamable and usable for the orokins war needs.

this isnt to say warframes cant have a will or ai as given rhino primes lore it went on a rampage without a tenno. 

so on reflection of this , i think a better implementation of the echos could be done as

--------echos of the umbras--------

• using an umbra in the helmith allows a unique choice to extract umbra echos (using helmith resources to fuel it)
  • echos can then be instilled into any non umbra frame , this echo acts as a catalyst, triggering a reawakening of that frames consciousness (enables ai specter mode in operator state)

now with this setup i think it is fair and offers a universal ai mode , thats to be tied with umbras & helmith

Seems a good idea, especially if it can be toggleable, so the player can choose. 

Only tricky bit would be making the grind bearable to the average player. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hierarch777 said:

Seems a good idea, especially if it can be toggleable, so the player can choose. 

Only tricky bit would be making the grind bearable to the average player. 

yea , with the helmith being required id say having it done using lua or maybe orokin /void resources would make most sense 

Well the old warframes that were talked about were more than likely the prototype failures from their attempts prior to using the Tenno. As explained most warframes onwards were blank slates.

But yeah making permanent and toggleable would be a good choice compared to the original idea of being a temporary thing which would make it useless a farming it probably wouldn't be worth the time.

Otherwise, we still have yet to get more Umbra frames.

• Like 1

On 2021-02-18 at 9:38 AM, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

I was thinking something similar, but more quest-y:

• Helminth can awaken a Prime frame after you subsume the regular one
  • The frame can't be tamed and goes wild, so it has to be dropped off somewhere
  • You track the awakened frame across a few missions to figure out how to tame it
    • While the frame is in the wild it gets its Umbral skin and its named Umbral weapon
  • Once you confront and tame the frame in the final mission it will return to your arsenal
  • Awakened frames get the combat AI (the toggle is a good idea)

DE could release these one or a few at a time, maybe with the explanation that Helminth is still digesting. And maybe the Leverian stories could be used as context for the frame's background and taming, I know making those stories playable is a common suggestion.

• Like 1