Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

A Umbra series weapons would be redundant as hek. Umbra warframes are already possibly redundant (thanks a lot China frame) depending on the lore and what spin DE can actually give them. Like someone else stated, nikana and spira are Excal umbras signature weapons, lets not clutter things with more redundant versions of weapons we already have. Between primes, vandals, wraiths and the singular variants in between things are bad enough as is.

And no, this isn't because it would make me salty as a founder. If we I thought umbra lato and skana would actually contribute something positive then I'd be on board.

10 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Some of Founders already complain about Umbra Excalibur is a thing and superior ( fashion-wise ) to Excalibur Prime.

Can't even imagine how salty Founders will be when DE releases Umbra Skana and Lato too XD

Pls make it just Excalibur / Frame exclusive.

I don't understand this. Why try to create a riff between players? Founder or not we're all on equal ground. I have never seen any founder complain about Umbra, and if one has, it's definitely not a majority. Who cares what they think.

2 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Curious. Was it not doing so well over there or could it be something to do with Umbra...

Maybe Warframe was just too much for China. 

But not sure if it is on the PC too. It is most likely that the PS one will be shut down.

16 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I don't understand this. Why try to create a riff between players? Founder or not we're all on equal ground. I have never seen any founder complain about Umbra, and if one has, it's definitely not a majority. Who cares what they think.

Saw some of founders in-game / forum those complain about Excalibur Umbra and its superiority to Prime version , that is why I mentioned it. Didn't plan to create anything between players instead I wanted to keep Umbra thing exclusive to Excalibur or any frame without pulling more founder stuff into it ( guess didn't choose better words to describe it ).

Edited by Aeon94

50 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Some of Founders already complain about Umbra Excalibur is a thing and superior ( fashion-wise ) to Excalibur Prime.

Can't even imagine how salty Founders angry those ppl will be when DE releases Umbra Skana and Lato too XD

Since Umbra's first mention, I have seen this happen maybe one or two times at most. You see founders every now and then who like Umbra's looks over the Prime's, or founders who are concerned about Umbra being more powerful (as opposed to equal), but there's virtually never any "salt" to be seen.

What I see happening A LOT more (on both the forums and the subreddit) is random folks claiming that Founders are somehow salty about Umbra, when in fact they've been by far the most chill about it.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

looks like star armor is closing .. on PS4 also ,wonder if that had bearing with umbras release ..

While I'm not gonna hold my breath, I do hope so that it will be out on 24th, though I may be misunderstanding, what you're talking about here.

Are you talking about that, once this closes is where Umbra is bearing his release date, or do you mean Star Armor is getting -removed- (whatever it is even). CUZ of our Umbra.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Edited for clarity

23 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Since Umbra's first mention, I have seen this happen maybe one or two times at most. You see founders every now and then who like Umbra's looks over the Prime's, or founders who are concerned about Umbra being more powerful (as opposed to equal), but there's virtually never any "salt" to be seen.

What I see happening A LOT more (on both the forums and the subreddit) is random folks claiming that Founders are somehow salty about Umbra, when in fact they've been by far the most chill about it.

Umm...I said some of them...at least the ones I've seen or talk with. Yeah there are Founders chill about Umbra thing , can't deny that. Edited my reply as " those ppl " for preventing further debate ( I chose wrong words there , sorry for that ). 

Also don't agree with OP , it will cause nothing but complaints.

Don't think there will be Umbra weapons , it will be exclusive to frames.

45 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

While I'm not gonna hold my breath, I do hope so that it will be out on 24th, though I may be misunderstanding, what you're talking about here.

Are you talking about that, once this closes is where Umbra is bearing his release date, or do you mean Star Armor is getting -removed- (whatever it is even). CUZ of our Umbra.

no , the Play station stararmor is being closed, the PC version is still active to my knowledge 

if i had to guess still months away from release , maybe before plains ... but that seems to be #1 goal so probably after 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

no , the Play station stararmor is being closed, the PC version is still active to my knowledge 

if i had to guess still months away from release , maybe before plains ... but that seems to be #1 goal so probably after 

Oh, damm it.

Well, I'm a bit surprised that PoE, is gonna be out first, as that has much bigger content then Umbra, I'm sure Plains is gonna be a quest at itself, to introduce it and such, like a new quest itself, etc. (Like Iron Wake was)

Just now, Circle_of_Psi said:

Oh, damm it.

Well, I'm a bit surprised that PoE, is gonna be out first, as that has much bigger content then Umbra, I'm sure Plains is gonna be a quest at itself, to introduce it and such, like a new quest itself, etc. (Like Iron Wake was)

seems like it would be 

also 

DISCORD UPDATE:

>LINK<

•  Shadow council - updated
  • Umbra Executors -new 
  • Cephalon Genesis -created 

15 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

Odd, usualy stuff like that should be treated the same but idk how things in China work.

16 hours ago, BWS-1 said:

... but those frames would become unusable if you switch to ''the lighter side'', though a different version of the opposite of the ''Umbra''... the ''Lux'' maybe? (though it sounds too much like Lex) could be made available for those then...

Maybe call it "Lumen"? (waiting for people to get the reference)

20 hours ago, 0some said:

Was definitely worth a mention I thought. I like it because it presents the following alignment opportunity; knowing that this warframe was once a human being, will we still choose to possess it? 

You say it like you have/had a choice.

Also sounds awfully similar to S.O.M.A. 

Also we know Cephalons once were as well. No one seems to give a demn both in-game or the players. And that is we're talking about somethng sentient and sapient, able to speak to us atm. I'd say that's even more creepy that wearing someone as a suit especially since Ordis in particular quite messed up once you put all the pieces together. There's no choice or even attempt to do anything to them or with them or even discuss the matter.

5 hours ago, -Vondred- said:

I'm kind of worried about those who purchased Grandmasters.  In terms of the council, there really isn't anything going on there, and never really is.  I thought we were suppose to be an important asset to the team?  So really the only thing I feel I really got out of becoming a Grandmaster was Excal Prime.  The Lato and Skana are very underwhelming, almost like a slap in the face.

That being said, I'm going to be pretty upset is Umbra is actually stronger than the Prime that we received.  If anyone has anything on this, it'd help me out a lot.

It has a possibility of being more stronger than Excal Prime, but as well of having the same amount of power, it can as well be more powerful together with new powers way different from excalibur actual powers.

Now there is 2 ways we can see it, if it has the same amount of power or is less powerful than the prime version, then it will be useless to founders. Now if it is more powerful and with a new set of powers, then it is useful for everyone including founders.

but the most important thing, it is NOT Excalibur prime, it may be a new kind of warframes a.k.a. UMBRA frames, and if UMBRA will be a thing, then it should be more powerful.

When you guys bought it, you should expect something similar happening.

Edited by Eminem37

Bear in mind that Excalibur is not the Sword in the Stone, but bequeathed by the Lady of the Lake. It's when the Sword in the Stone is broken, that Merlin gets Arthur to come with him to the Lady to receive Excalibur.

And...I personally wonder if that aspect of the legend, of the broken sword being replaced, is what they're going for; note that the entity with laboured assisted breathing and the heart monitor going ceases around the point Umbra shows up. What's a person to Ballas but a tool, after all, ultimately replaceable?

But that's speculation on my part. Could be wrong, after all.

Apologies for going on, as always.

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Pulled off the whole "Excalibur, the Sword in the Stone" bit quite nicely. Ironic for the frame, and genuinely made me chuckle when I linked the two.

But uh... does this make Umbra King Arthur now, or what? That's where I got lost. 

Did anybody else catch this though?

Yes.  Explicitly.  I also caught the part where the Kingdom was crumbling all around him as he pulled the sword...not in a "Lancelot saves the day" kinda way either.  More in a "cause/effect...beginning of the end" kinda way.

The Arthurian Legend doesn't end well...