Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 hours ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Or the Stone is Excalibur, the sword is King Arthur, and Excalibur Umbra is warframe. Excalibur is stealing King Arthur (sword) from Excalibur (stone). It's like Excalibur-ception, Soviet Russia style. How many level do you want to delve into?

You want levels?  Excaliber the SWORD wasn't what made it special. The Scabbard was the source of power.  So drawing the blade made the wielder vulnerable.

7 hours ago, DashingDevil303 said:

Its not a lame promise. To many people, its a symbol of warframes humble beginnings, and how they helped get the game off the ground.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

it shows DE's dedication and honoring their word 

it is a show of their commitment ,  in the beginning and continued legacy that springs forth from that origin 

even DE kind of said in hind sight it was a bad movie to exclusivize excalibur prime. and again, its not fair to the players that love excalibur but cant get his prime, yet literally every other frame will get primed, so fans of those frames arent screwed.  which is why im happy umbra is finally coming out.

i found out about the game literally right after the founders program ended, but have spent more money on the early game then alot of founders. 

my point is, its about time excal finally gets an alternate version. so the excal fans arent left out anymore

5 minutes ago, Senketsu_ said:

even DE kind of said in hind sight it was a bad movie to exclusivizeexcalibur prime. and again, its not fair to the players that love excalibur butcant get his prime, yet literally every other frame will get primed, so fans of those frames arent screwed.  which is why im happy umbra is finally coming out.

i found out about the game literally right after the founders program ended, but have spent more money on the early game then alot of founders. 

my point is, its about time excal finally gets an alternate version. so the excal fans arent left out anymore

DE could release Umbra prime in global build, but they`re were too greedy and now all players who collect only prime items can`t get prime ex  (if frame or weapon don`t have "prime" word in it`s name - this is not prime!) Or they could never ever release umbra with "prime" word. But they`re spitting in a face of all player even founders.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You want levels?  Excaliber the SWORD wasn't what made it special. The Scabbard was the source of power.  So drawing the blade made the wielder vulnerable.

That is a good point. One will not bleed a drop if holding the scabbard. If only Arthur took kept his *ahem* Excaliber in its Scabbard and left Guenivere alone. Perhaps then, he would still have a kingdom and a best friend in Lancelot and not need a Round Table for circle j... but I digress. 

Cool deal with Umbra with Excalibur (sword) reference. 

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

3 hours ago, ______Dread______ said:

DE could release Umbra prime in global build, but they`re were too greedy and now all players who collect only prime items can`t get prime ex  (if frame or weapon don`t have "prime" word in it`s name - this is not prime!) Or they could never ever release umbra with "prime" word. But they`re spitting in a face of all player even founders.

We are basically getting Umbra Prime in evrything but name. It's only called that in China. DE have already said Umbras are like the dark alternatives to Primes. So there will be a line of Umbra frames that have the gold trim.

On 7/9/2017 at 3:31 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

But I don't think that counts because Excalibur Umbra will most likely have different abilities than Prime. If they were the same, then Umbra would be an upgrade to normal and either an upgrade or sidegrade to prime. I don't understand this mentality either as founders get both versions of excalibur.

Why in the world would excal umbra have different abilities? Wasnt umbra just the china's exclusive version of excal? and if umbra did have different abilities then why is he called Excalibur umbra? Only thing i think is happening is skin and stats.

Edited by Christon

Changing the subject a bit from this Founder Vs Non-Founder talk (Again...)

According to the recent twitter post, aslong side with the Reddit post it seems we're might get Umbra sooner than expected. then again I won't hold my breath as they are only theories of both Twitter and Reddit, but they do make sense 

Link 1:  

Link 2: 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Edited due to clarity

4 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

According to the recent twitter post, aslong side with the Reddit post it seems we're getting Umbra sooner than expected. then again I won't hold my breath but here you go anyways.

Neither of those links give us any sort of date. It's just people speculating.

17 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Neither of those links give us any sort of date. It's just people speculating.

likewise, but the theories are not exactly terrible, if It were a real link to the related date then I would have rephrased what I said, but I can see how it might be slightly confusing, so I'll change it a bit around. 

35 minutes ago, Christon said:

Why in the world would excal umbra have different abilities? Wasnt umbra just the china's exclusive version of excal? and if umbra did have different abilities then why is he called Excalibur umbra? Only thing i think is happening is skin and stats.

Idon't think people meant actuallydifferent skills but probably tweaked animations instead. ie: Slash Dash, Exalted Blade, and radial javelin getting their skanas replaced with nikanas and animations according to the weapon change.

8 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

umbra the frame does, doesn't mean the quest or anything else is

DE stated plenty of times during the last 2 years that umbra was being worked on and that nothing more would be told until his release date was getting close. We recently had a teaser, so I guess they are at least confident with the script of the quest which also seems to be the hardest part of creating one. I still wouldn't expect Umbra to come before December anyways.

14 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

Some of Founders already complain about Umbra Excalibur is a thing and superior ( fashion-wise ) to Excalibur Prime.

Can't even imagine how salty Founders angry those ppl will be when DE releases Umbra Skana and Lato too XD

Pls make it just Excalibur / Frame exclusive.

*ahem *

From the video:

"If you could trade, would you? Surely.

But all miracles require sacrifice.

For their life: yours."

I think he was talking to Margulis just before she got killed (maybe by some kind of  lethal injection??). She was the sacrifice. We are the miracle.

Edited by DP_KRoM

6 minutes ago, DP_KRoM said:

From the video:

"If you could trade, would you? Surely.

But all miracles require sacrifice.

For their life: yours."

I think he was talking to Margulis just before she got killed (maybe by some kind of  letal injection??). She was the sacrifice. We are the miracle.

She was vaporized, not given a lethal injection.

I don't think so OP. Margulis was condemned to death, period. That's not a sacrifice. Ballas was astonished apparently when she faced judgement ('Margulis...why ?') I don't see him propose her to bargain her life for the tennos. Maybe i'm wrong.

They said unlike the previous 'operator centred' quests, this one will be more about 'what the warframes are.' Those 'souless golem', according to Ballas himself. Imo some people were used to give basic life to the frames, their flesh or memories, but i can't imagine Marguli's spirit in the warframes.

But, why not after all. That could be interesting.

Edited by Stonehenge

2 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

DE stated plenty of times during the last 2 years that umbra was being worked on and that nothing more would be told until his release date was getting close. We recently had a teaser, so I guess they are at least confident with the script of the quest which also seems to be the hardest part of creating one. I still wouldn't expect Umbra to come before December anyways.

how many times did we also get told that umbra was put on hold? I wouldn't jump to the assumption that everything is ready.

Just now, TheGodofWiFi said:

After two years it better at least have an early Alpha in the works.

after two years, the script and general idea of what to do with umbra would change as well. I doubt the final product would be anything related to what was conceptualized 2 years ago. in the current state, we just got a teaser with no definitive proof it's ready. somewhere down the road, development might be put on hold for something else. If they were really gonna release umbra before PoE, they'd have given us the date stating "yea, it's this year"

4 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

after two years, the script and general idea of what to do with umbra would change as well. 

They had this idea ages ago clearly, way back in early 2016 when the script for TWW was leaked. It's remained the same since then. Hell even the line "All miracles require sacrifice" was found back in the early scripts for TWW.

So no it has not changed. Enough excuses.

6 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

in the current state, we just got a teaser with no definitive proof it's ready. 

True, but I highly doubt that we won't be getting Umbra before this year is out.

6 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

somewhere down the road, development might be put on hold for something else. 

Doubt it. They've shown it now. It's official. Can't suddenly turn around and say "Sorry we're putting him aside AGAIN."

7 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

If they were really gonna release umbra before PoE, they'd have given us the date stating "yea, it's this year"

It is coming out this year. Things shown at Tennocon get implemented sooner or later in the year. For the most part it's looking like PoE is coming first. Don't forget they have different teams working on various projects. The people who are doing PoE are not also doing Umbra's quest. They could be developing side by side. Who knows.