Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Lotus to be sacrificed to definitely cut the link between the Operator and the Warframe, the Warframe becoming an Umbra without Tenno control. :cool:

(I know, highly unlikely)

Well at least, we won't have her speaking to us when we ll play Stalker. Totally OUT OF CONTROL.

3 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Changing the subject a bit from this Founder Vs Non-Founder talk (Again...)

According to the recent twitter post, aslong side with the Reddit post it seems we're might get Umbra sooner than expected. then again I won't hold my breath as they are only theories of both Twitter and Reddit, but they do make sense 

That line where the guy says:

On a serious note, though.

The Sacrifice is gonna tell us a story of our Warframes and how they've been created. Who sacrificed what for them to appear and what not.

The Plain of Eidolons is gonna tell us a story of a never-ending "war after the Old War" with many of Hunhow's Fragments (Eidolons) still wandering the plains near one of the last Living Towers of the Orokin.

My assumption is, as DE said the PoE is gonna come with Operator armor suits and, quote "Talk about more of a synergy with Operator and his Warframe, a cool crew of sorts fighting together", they're gonna reveal all the S#&$ about Warframes in the Sacrifice and only then they will release the Plains of Eidolon, allowing themselves to play differently on relationships between the Operator and Warframe in the light of the Hunhows threat on Earth.

actually makes sense, it is about the Warframes.. makes sense to release it first, and then fully focus on Operators again otherwise, it can be very confusing way of doing quests.

You know.. If there is an Operator stuck with Umbra, maybe the sacrifice is that we can control it (play with it) but unable to use our operators..

Edited by Eminem37

umbra is a warframe that got selfaware he was controlled by a tenno and killed his operator

now he roams the desolate battlefields as agent for stalker

btw this is not my real opinion on matter but just a joke---

Edited by Hemmo67

it would be rlly nice if we could take it off is scarf when we customise him ,

perhaps umbra can use operator power (like there some chance we loose the child or other)

perhaps we be able to teach to the operator how to use weapon or fighting art with teshin dax has a teacher ?

Edited by Soulname13

1 hour ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

They had this idea ages ago clearly, way back in early 2016 when the script for TWW was leaked. It's remained the same since then. Hell even the line "All miracles require sacrifice" was found back in the early scripts for TWW.

So no it has not changed. Enough excuses.

No excuses. they rewrote tww, the leak was after it was rewritten. Unless you're a DE employee, you shouldn't be saying that definitively "yes, it's all done"

True, but I highly doubt that we won't be getting Umbra before this year is out.

Not saying it's impossible for it to come out, but the main focus seems to be PoE which is a huge resource drain. Depending on when we get that, could determine when umbra comes out.

Doubt it. They've shown it now. It's official. Can't suddenly turn around and say "Sorry we're putting him aside AGAIN."

they've shown it, like they've shown the giant arm weapon, several deluxe skins and such. It can get pushed back for any type of reason, not saying he's gonna get scrapped.

s coming out this year. Things shown at Tennocon get implemented sooner or later in the year. For the most part it's looking like PoE is coming first. Don't forget they have different teams working on various projects. The people who are doing PoE are not also doing Umbra's quest. They could be developing side by side. Who knows. 

They don't divide teams into "umbra team" and "PoE Team" it's the art team, sound team and such. The only separated team is for conclave. Remember, This is a cinematic quest. Those take a lot of focus from DE. They can't split focus between PoE and Sacrifice.

Why do you people kill everything warframe related? I read or heard (really dont remember now ) that the tenno warframe relation is symbiotic. So I think it is something like this - the frames help us control our powers so we dont destroy all aroun us and we help the fames control the infestation within them because the infestation for wathever reason fears the void. And the sacrifice wastor us the dream and for them their free will but now that we are awake the frames may awaken too and then may choose to help us from their free will and the symbiosys will only row stronger. And the choice at the end of the quest may be to either to cooperate with the frames togheter in a way that they do not feel pain or to force them to serve us and disregard them.

14 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

-snip-

While this is true, I see no reason why Umbra can't come out first, we have no proof yet that PoB is gonna be a new quest by itself, we can only assume based off the info we got from T.C.

Now keep in mind that PoB is designed to expand the Operator Lore a lot more as Steve said: New System, Ageing up, Armour and Weapons, etc. Why have such a big update with them, without a quest?. that will feel pointless, like just a new frame without the reason behind or where it came from *cough* Nidus *cough*.

Now, due to Umbras quest is gonna expand the lore of our Warframes, it only makes logical sense for them to be out first, then give us more info on the operators, as we had 2 quests already aimed heavily on the brats in the chairs, and not our frames.  and a few comments to back it up: (No names, cuz rulez)

Reddit Poster 1:

You might be correct, but that is assuming that there is no cinematic quest to go with Plains of Eidolon.

We know for a fact that the Umbra cinematic quest has to be coming next, and we know that it's been a long time coming (check the date at the end of the teaser - it says 2016, even). We also know that DE wants to go with a massive content dump relatively soon.

I'm not sure they'd want to hype up Umbra only for him not to be released in the next six months. That'd be too close to TWW for comfort.

What I'm thinking will happen is a small-ish update that contains "only" the Umbra quest and the underlying mechanics necessary to keep it afloat.

Besides, I don't think DE would want to have another content drought until PoE hits, seeing as how the rest of the year coming up to TennoCon has been relatively content-free.

Reddit Poster 2 & 3: 

<Wait, they actually said it was a cinematic quest?>

Yeah iirc. Check out tdgm's tennocon wrap-up at tennoclocknews.

I mean, it fits, doesn't it? Umbra has staggering lore importance, has been teased since forever, and promises us a whole new system.

The hype amount fits, too. The last thing that was this hyped was TWW.

So, it only makes sense, to give us the next big quest about Frames, over again about the brats in the chair. 

Agout the quest I have this wision. I read or heard (really dont remember now ) that the tenno warframe relation is symbiotic. So I think it is something like this - the frames help us control our powers so we dont destroy all aroun us and we help the fames control the infestation within them because the infestation for wathever reason fears the void. And the sacrifice wastor us the dream and for them their free will but now that we are awake the frames may awaken too and then may choose to help us from their free will and the symbiosys will only row stronger. And the choice at the end of the quest may be to either to cooperate with the frames togheter in a way that they do not feel pain or to force them to serve us and disregard them.

14 hours ago, (PS4)StellarPotato said:

so wow the tennocon stuff huh.

planes of eidolon.  what do you think about it?

umbra.  your thoughts?

HARROW

Planes of Eidolon was a nice surprise.  An open zone is something players have been asking for...for years.  But it's clear that someone in the DE office is a Monster Hunter fan, because that's the vibe I get when watching Cetus footage.  Collecting mats to create custom weapons and armor?  That's Monster Hunter's shtick all the way.

But it isn't the first game mechanic DE has bogarded, and I'm up for anything not PvP-related that gets me to play Warframe more often.

Umbra?  DE told us Umbra was going to the be the center of the next cinematic quest over a year ago.  So the announcement wasn't a surprise.  More like, "well it's about time." 

The problem with Umbra is, until DE releases info on any possible changes to umbra's acquisition or kit, umbra is little more than a reskinned Excalibur with 6000 new mastery xp.  At this time, he has the same kit and now has a scarf, that's it.  The title of the next cinematic quest is "Sacrifice".  Personally I'm hoping that, after Excalibur, the Umbra variant will be made available across the entire roster of frames.  And to access each umbra variant for a particular frame players will have to sacrifice a stock variant and a prime variant of any particular frame to build its umbra variant.  That...would be a true sacrifice, imo.

Harrow?  Looks cool, looks like he'll be fun to use.  I can't wait to experience his quest.

POE is exactly what is needed... I'd love to see them tie group participation goals into opening new frontiers to explore.

...Maybe add an exclusive cosmetic for opening that new zone.

I'm ambivalent about Umbra tbh... Dig the scarf and helmet though. Curious to know what sacrifice is needed though.

1 hour ago, LordOfScrugging said:

No excuses. they rewrote tww, the leak was after it was rewritten. Unless you're a DE employee, you shouldn't be saying that definitively "yes, it's all done"

Well considering they are using the exact same concept from that leaked script (i.e; Using Umbra to explain what the warframes are) I think it's pretty safe to say they've at least got something done. Nothing else has given me cause to think otherwise. They've had enough time.

Not saying it's impossible for it to come out, but the main focus seems to be PoE which is a huge resource drain

Is it? I have not seen anyone from DE saying that. Source please?

Like I said, I doubt everyone in DE is working on PoE.

Depending on when we get that, could determine when umbra comes out.

If it isn't announced that we're getting Umbra first then perhaps.

they've shown it, like they've shown the giant arm weapon, several deluxe skins and such.

This is Umbra we're talking about remember. I haven't seen anyone mention that giant arm thing for quite some time. I'd forgotten all about till you brought it up in fact. It could be brought in with PoE, but that's just speculation. The point is however, Umbra has been sought after for nearly half of the games life-cycle. Every devstream from July 2015 onwards, there were comments of "Where's Umbra?", "Pls giv us Umbro DE!" etc etc. Now that they have announced it, they are not going to simply hang it out to dry for whatever reason. That would only infuriate the community. The equivalent of holding a slab of meat above a lions mouth and yanking it away at the last moment.

They don't divide teams into "umbra team" and "PoE Team" it's the art team, sound team and such

I know this. There are different sections of those divisions that work on different parts of the game however.

Remember, This is a cinematic quest. Those take a lot of focus from DE. They can't split focus between PoE and Sacrifice.

And you know this how? Is there any official source saying that they are not currently working on both TS and PoE because I certainly have not seen it. Only an insider from DE could confirm that statement. I don't think PoE is as draining as you make it out to be. Yea it's a big project, but you make it sound like a vampire sucking the life out of everyone at DE.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

14 hours ago, yual said:

In many videos about Eidolon. you can read in the description : Late summer

Also DE steve confirm than PoE will be sooner from what we think!

Really? Most people are thinking 3017 is the release date. Glad to know it's coming in 3016 instead.

24 minutes ago, Eminem37 said:

Well... sh*t, another year without playing warframe, and I was just ready to get my wallet ready for umbra.

wouldnt say a whole year if the Plains of Eidolons keep up with schedule and come out during late summer.

Edited by Corial

It's a Dax Soldier.

Basically The Sacrifice teaser reused lines from the old War Within script. Basically it's a dying Dax Soldier during the Old War being offered a chance to "live" longer at the expense of becoming a Warframe. That's how Ballas created those frames "around" the Tenno.

Now, what's the difference between the Prime models Orokin made and the Umbra ones is something completely unknown. And how Tenno were able to create our current day versions too.

8 minutes ago, Corial said:

wouldnt say a whole year if the Plains of Eidolons keep up with schedule and come out during late summer.

I'm not hyped for PoE. lol

I wanted new tiles for sure and finally we are getting one, and a huge one, but I'm clearly not as hyped as I'm for Umbra, and I guess I'll wait until umbra is released so I can play PoE with Umbra.

Edited by Eminem37