Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

6 minutes ago, Corial said:

But if it indeed comes in time then DE has still many months left to polish The Sacrifice for release.

To be honest, I'm surprise PoE is coming first for such huge update, and they made that in 6 months, while Umbra has 2+ years of existence and will still be the last update of this year, I clearly think that they will have a lot to fix after release of PoE due to short time development, there will be so many glitches.

While releasing The Sacrifice, would give them way more time to polish PoE, it WOULD make more sense, but... it's DE so..

1 minute ago, Eminem37 said:

To be honest, I'm surprise PoE is coming first for such huge update, and they made that in 6 months, while Umbra has 2+ years of existence and will still be the last update of this year, I clearly think that they will have a lot to fix after release of PoE due to short time development, there will be so many glitches.

While releasing The Sacrifice, would give them way more time to polish PoE, it WOULD make more sense, but... it's DE so..

Datamining complicated things.

13 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

It's a Dax Soldier.

Basically The Sacrifice teaser reused lines from the old War Within script. Basically it's a dying Dax Soldier during the Old War being offered a chance to "live" longer at the expense of becoming a Warframe. That's how Ballas created those frames "around" the Tenno.

Now, what's the difference between the Prime models Orokin made and the Umbra ones is something completely unknown. And how Tenno were able to create our current day versions too.

And for that reason I doubt it. I expect they changed things around.

Stalker,  what is he? Is the Shadow what gives Specters life?

What IS the Shadow? Is it holy as Paladino said? Is it darkness as Helminth suggests?

Ballas are talking about someone dying,  the sound enhances that and the post on twitter after confirmed it further.

With ballas looking like an undead geisha - who  can tell?

4 hours ago, DP_KRoM said:

From the video:

"If you could trade, would you? Surely.

But all miracles require sacrifice.

For their life: yours."

I think he was talking to Margulis just before she got killed (maybe by some kind of  lethal injection??). She was the sacrifice. We are the miracle.

I thought the same, though not before she is killed but after she lost her eyesight after one of us attacked her.

On 7/9/2017 at 11:35 AM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

also to those making statements , one of the disorders [leo] located the area , the "pod" is just fallen decoration , also there is some secret spots there 

operation: find stuff on lua ; has begun ! 

Warframe2585.jpg?width=960&height=540

Warframe2586.jpg?width=960&height=540

Warframe2587.jpg?width=960&height=540

Got notification and this is what I saw on Page 26.

Good Find. And yeah it make sense. Whenever I was looking into the Center of Lua (or what is even there?).There is just mystery, (fine example is Lua Defense, where you can walk pathway to cliff of Hollowed Center?).

*********************************************************************************************************************************

My thoughts for Excalibur Umbra RELEASE DATE (NOT EUmbraPrime) is that it should still be worked on and tested, and release when the time is right (doesn't have to correlate to Events); DE: SoonTM.     

Edited by DesFrSpace

38 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

Got notification and this is what I saw on Page 26.

Good Find. And yeah it make sense. Whenever I was looking into the Center of Lua (or what is even there?).There is just mystery, (fine example is Lua Defense, where you can walk pathway to cliff of Hollowed Center?).

*********************************************************************************************************************************

My thoughts for Excalibur Umbra RELEASE DATE (NOT EUmbraPrime) is that it should still be worked on and tested, and release when the time is right (doesn't have to correlate to Events); DE: SoonTM.     

PoE comes first soon , and then sacrifice 

my guess -july-nov range 

I see it this way: the orokin faced extinction in the face of the sentients. They 'stumbled' upon the tenno, which can channel void energy without tech. Since the sentients were so good at turning tech against the orokin. On the other side, they had Dax soldiers: great swordsmen but no void powers. Now, since they didn't have enough time to teach the tenno to wield swords and guns, and can't make Dax soldiers channel void energy without tech, why not stick them together? Use the muscle memory of Dax soldiers and their reflexes and combine the void from the tenno through transference.

The life support sound is from a dying Dax soldier, whose being persuaded by Ballas to allow himself be turned into a frame, our the frame itself built around him, but at the cost of losing their mind -their conciseness. Sacrificing his (Dax soldier's) life for his loved ones.

Edited by vasvaska
Reasons

3 minutes ago, DashingDevil303 said:

Also, as a kind of general response to everyone speculating that the nikana is teshins, .the nikana was a popular weapon in the orokin era. so, can it be teshins? sure. but probably not

Or some teshins mate who go in to the dark side and become Umbra worrior

I like to think its a progression system tied to the new morality meter, and it's the opposite side of Focusing. 

Perhaps Umbra is going to require operators to fully transfer into a specific warframe, at the cost of operator powers and their derivatives, effectively making them a kind of operator/frame symbiote. (Like Stalker, perhaps?)

Not likely though. That would probably bind players to one frame.

52 minutes ago, DashingDevil303 said:

Also, as a kind of general response to everyone speculating that the nikana is teshins, .the nikana was a popular weapon in the orokin era. so, can it be teshins? sure. but probably not

possible, but again many dax would have same weapons as us. bcause they were soldiers in the same war. make sense to mass make the weapons and distribute them to all factions tenno and dax and ..ect?

5 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

They don't divide teams into "umbra team" and "PoE Team" it's the art team, sound team and such. The only separated team is for conclave.

I wouldn't be so sure about it since Joebuck, the guy behind conclave balance is also the one at charge of dual wielding, mxing "the only separated team" with the rest and reason why conclave hasn't been going into the right direction recently.but this is another topic

53 minutes ago, DashingDevil303 said:

Teshin wirlds a unique dual nikana + dragon nikana with both gemini skins at the same time. The one shown in trailer was unsheathed anyways, so it could be any nikana except from the prime.

4 hours ago, Corial said:

I'd make a twitter account just to reply with this:
nooooooo_elf.gif

1 hour ago, Chamaeleo said:

Perhaps Umbra is going to require operators to fully transfer into a specific warframe, at the cost of operator powers and their derivatives, effectively making them a kind of operator/frame symbiote. (Like Stalker, perhaps?)

Not likely though. That would probably bind players to one frame.

And revoke our access to an entirely different gameplay system that they have plans to expand upon in the near future, yes. I'd rather not. The whole idea of Umbra demanding an undoable fusion never appealed to me, and I really hope it isn't the case.

6 hours ago, Soulname13 said:

it would be rlly nice if we could take it off is scarf when we customise him ,

perhaps umbra can use operator power (like there some chance we loose the child or other)

perhaps we be able to teach to the operator how to use weapon or fighting art with teshin dax has a teacher ?

So maybe instead of praying 5 to go to Operator mode. The Warframe is using Operator powers. 

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

lol prime umbra csgkshu.jpg

found by cori xD

Pfff, I found it while searching for pictures from google. It was from forum post x3

Photoshop at it's finest.

Edited by Corial

On 7/10/2017 at 2:14 PM, DashingDevil303 said:

Its not a lame promise. To many people, its a symbol of warframes humble beginnings, and how they helped get the game off the ground.

Thank you for that.  I have no idea why he would blurt out such ignorance.   Some people don't belong on this forum.

15 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

should be possible, when you make multiple primes you get multiple helmet option on 1 frame right? 

Well, if you own a Warframe the alt helms are there. What remains to be seen if is hierarchy is Prime-> Umbra or Umbra->Prime or maybe they're their own thing (haven't ever tried the Prsima ones, for instance).