Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

31 minutes ago, (Xbox One)rocketstar31 said:

WHERE DID ALL THE PAGES GO? 

RIP That Ultra-Thread.

7 hours ago, Corial said:

Due to some issues few days ago thread merge caused old megathread to be renamed and have ownership of minor thread's OP. So thanks to [DE]Aidan Mako was able to make a new one to continue the thread where it was left.

Shortly.

18 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Another art of mine :D

m9Hbe2I.jpg

I wish we could hold the Nikana weapons like that all the time.

Also, just noticed you used the Apex body. :D

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

5 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

I wish we could hold the Nikana weapons like that all the time.

agreed

38 minutes ago, ______Dread______ said:

1st Umbra thread was 300+

i think thats right ,first was 200+, second was 100 +, if my random memory serves 

1 hour ago, ______Dread______ said:

I hope to see it before our sun will turn into black hole

well if it sttays in line with the other milestone quests we should see it after summer, latest nov for pc, dec for console

unless de are planning drop it for all platforms , but that could be bad if there isnt enough testing 

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

the current model is same as vanilla i think in Excalibur umbra "prime"  here is that model in action, though its unknown if Excalibur umbra global will have its own exalted blade difference, i hope exalted nikana .... 

Yeah been thinking the same, sort of how regular Excal has Skana, Excal Prime Skana Prime then Umbra maybe Skana Umbra?(well they could make a Umbra line of weapons, wouldn't mind it)

1 hour ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Yeah been thinking the same, sort of how regular Excal has Skana, Excal Prime Skana Prime then Umbra maybe Skana Umbra?(well they could make a Umbra line of weapons, wouldn't mind it)

they never did confirm a umbra line of weapons , as from what we know umbras are dark and twisted frames , but they are prime equivalents, so who knows

ive always wanted a nikana blade on umbra excal , but im betting just a normal skana , unless the umbra has some lore factor for a different weapon /animation 

52 minutes ago, (PS4)slayerserenity said:

So We will get Umbra frames 

short answer: yes 

long answer:

Spoiler

as it currently stands in the warframe universe 

there are primes and then vanilla frames, vanilla frames were derived from primes and are the mass made production types 

umbra warframes are a new set of frames that have a lot of unknown factors but were stated at being the darker twisted version of warframes we know, and are supposedly a side grade to primes

they were to origionally be limited in number, we dont know if thats still the case? 

regardless the first as with all warframes is an Excalibur variant , hopefully coming in the next quest [soon to be announced at tennocon] as a  reward for completion 

some have called this the "umbra quest"  or "the war without"  via coined terms to give it a name until official release or naming by de 

3 hours ago, Corial said:

Since the Chains of Harrow happens after war within, should we expect juicy stuff happening?~ o^o

Right now, we've a few items to give us an idea of what to expect.

Firstly, as you note it's post War Within, so it's likely to concern items or elements raised in that. On it's own, this could mean either be Kuva or Operator related items.

Secondly, the Rell comic not only makes a direct call-back to the Elder Queen's discussion of Zariman "Fires raged on the lower decks...etc", but outright shows us a snapshot of the Zariman incident; our first real look at the origin of the Tenno, forged in the descent of that vessel. Lua might be where they became the Tenno...but Zariman is where it all truly began, in the clutches of the Void. There's also likely to be some pay off to creating the character Rell and having so many things left hanging about his fate to consider, too.

Thirdly, the requirement for Mot further implies the Void will play a notable role in events, even with the intro fluff beginning us on Earth. All together, the odds of it not being something intimately involved with the Tenno and their history are relatively slim.

Part of me is wondering if this'll be an introduction to a different kind of Void imprint. We know that a Void imprint can hold onto the memories of the departed, waiting for a receptive party to come close; this is how Lotus recalls Mirage, Baro recalls his mother and we recall Ballas and Margulis on Lua. What's to say that these Void imprints can't manifest should the means present itself? Certainly one explanation for the shadow figures behind Harrow on the site.

Which could mean having to face the Zariman crew's psionic remnants, essentially killing them again.

Of course, this is conjecture on my part. There are many possible angles to go with, after all.

As always, apologies for going on.

11 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

Right now, we've a few items to give us an idea of what to expect.

Firstly, as you note it's post War Within, so it's likely to concern items or elements raised in that. On it's own, this could mean either be Kuva or Operator related items.

Secondly, the Rell comic not only makes a direct call-back to the Elder Queen's discussion of Zariman "Fires raged on the lower decks...etc", but outright shows us a snapshot of the Zariman incident; our first real look at the origin of the Tenno, forged in the descent of that vessel. Lua might be where they became the Tenno...but Zariman is where it all truly began, in the clutches of the Void. There's also likely to be some pay off to creating the character Rell and having so many things left hanging about his fate to consider, too.

Thirdly, the requirement for Mot further implies the Void will play a notable role in events, even with the intro fluff beginning us on Earth. All together, the odds of it not being something intimately involved with the Tenno and their history are relatively slim.

Part of me is wondering if this'll be an introduction to a different kind of Void imprint. We know that a Void imprint can hold onto the memories of the departed, waiting for a receptive party to come close; this is how Lotus recalls Mirage, Baro recalls his mother and we recall Ballas and Margulis on Lua. What's to say that these Void imprints can't manifest should the means present itself? Certainly one explanation for the shadow figures behind Harrow on the site.

Which could mean having to face the Zariman crew's psionic remnants, essentially killing them again.

Of course, this is conjecture on my part. There are many possible angles to go with, after all.

As always, apologies for going on.

You're way too polite :heart:

What if they could mutate/transform excal prime into umbra prime and thats how u get rid of the EXP gap (for weapon also)

Ill take my reward in a form of tennogen items or plat ty :) <---- thats a joke dont ban me.

Also trailer about water well water = life. think about it. 

14 minutes ago, KuramaKitsune said:

Itll come out aug 21st

That actually sounds possible to me since if i remember correctly the reason why they delayed war within for so long was because of having to rewrite the script not because of technical reasons. If they announce it at tennocon then that would give them 2 more monthsish to work on it since i doubt the entire studio is working on the harrow quest still so some may be working on the umbra quest now.