Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Just now, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

That's not true, where did you get that from? Sentients can adapt to damage by making their "flesh" or whatever the hell they're made of have different properties, like being harder to cut, puncture, etc. But they can only do that so much before the material gets weak and dies for good.

Where do I get that from? Well Unhow, is consciousness is still present now, even after the destruction of his body, and that could apply to other extremely strong Sentients like him.

So I wanted some hints at what 'The Sacrifice' would be, instead I found this gem. I went back and redid "The War Within" and when you are on the first part in Lua, the custscene plays, during this cutscene Teshin pulls his sword on you and you can see the blade, guard and hilt. Its the exact same sword that Umbra Excal picked up in the big Umbra Reveal. I have some pictures I'll post below, they might not be the highest quality but....yeah! So here's my findings!  ^_^

Also, I'm starting to think we are focusing on 'Sacrifice' to much, maybe we should focus on this line from the Umbra trailer 'If you could trade, would you?' Maybe this means switching from following Lotus to following Teshin? Might be a stretch but still in the realm of possibilities.

Teshins Sword Side View:

Spoiler

AUGkHTx.jpg

Teshin Dax's Sword In ground View:

Spoiler

Xjal3Nj.jpg

Umbra's Sword:

Spoiler

PM3pWXq.jpg

Umbra Sword Guard:

Spoiler

zcIkc70.jpg

Edited by LoliPunch
Pictures Did not Upload

I notice you haven't posted any pictures of the nikana available to us tenno... I've compared the two, and as near as I can tell, the generic equippable nikana, teshin's nikana, and the nikana we see in the video all use the same model.

To paraphrase sigmund freud: sometimes a nikana... is just a nikana.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

I notice you haven't posted any pictures of the nikana available to us tenno... I've compared the two, and as near as I can tell, the generic equippable nikana, teshin's nikana, and the nikana we see in the video all use the same model.

To paraphrase sigmund freud: sometimes a nikana... is just a nikana.

Seeing as he not once refers to the sword as a Nikana, I'm not sure he's even aware that it's available in the game. He probably doesn't even know it's called a Nikana.

So, you've deduced that Teshin uses a regular old Nikana and that the sword in the umbra trailer is also a regular old nikana, the very same nikana that is already available to players.

Pardon my sarcasm but: Bravo, Sherlock.

Edited by StinkyPygmy
I couldn't resist being sassy

4 hours ago, Corial said:

Hypothesis; If they told us that umbra will be at tennocon, would have the crowd screamed and cheered like when it was revealed?

From my own personal opinion I think DE has used metaphors to hint towards this new content that was finally revealed. 

For example the teaser at the end of devstream 94 teased both next cinematic quest and day night cycle of Ostron colony.

Yes I know that, I just meant that they can be doing it as a surprise, exemple, it would be awesome releasing with the solar eclipse (21 aug), but would be extremely unlikely, so they say No we won't and then boom, surprise we lied there you go.

7 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Fun fact, as far as I can tell, there are only 2 types of Nikana in the game, normal and Prime, Dragon one has only a diffrent scabbard.

Yet the Nikana and Dragon Nikana are counted as different weapons in terms of Rivens. Does this mean we've actually modding the scabbard?

7 minutes ago, Eminem37 said:

Yes I know that, I just meant that they can be doing it as a surprise, exemple, it would be awesome releasing with the solar eclipse (21 aug), but would be extremely unlikely, so they say No we won't and then boom, surprise we lied there you go.

they are trying to finish the Poe soon by end of summer, and we know they have had the "sacrifice" content in dev for at least a few years [on off the burner perhaps]

the trailer for the sacrifice seems to have been made in 2016 ...also  

[read the text at bottom of the trailer ..] 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Nikana's base colors are the exact same. People are once again making a way too big of a number on this. No wonder why every single thing ends up being disappointing when people start building hype from nothing. Just stop...

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

40 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Where do I get that from? Well Unhow, is consciousness is still present now, even after the destruction of his body, and that could apply to other extremely strong Sentients like him.

His body is still destroyed and buried on Uranus though