Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 minute ago, Zortyx said:

That actually sounds possible to me since if i remember correctly the reason why they delayed war within for so long was because of having to rewrite the script not because of technical reasons. If they announce it at tennocon then that would give them 2 more monthsish to work on it since i doubt the entire studio is working on the harrow quest still so some may be working on the umbra quest now.

I think my idea was further cemented by them completely erasing my thread within like three minutes of me posting it

you can't even find it in my history of posts on my profile page

1 minute ago, KuramaKitsune said:

I think my idea was further cemented by them completely erasing my thread within like three minutes of me posting it

you can't even find it in my history of posts on my profile page

Yeah that also adds some validity unless it had some really click baity title that's the only other reason i could think of for deleting a thread in 3 minutes of posting

3 minutes ago, KuramaKitsune said:

Title was unbra usa release date aug21?

i feel like that's a 50 50 on one hand you could be right and the mods wanted to hide it on the other hand they could be thinking the topic could cause some anger if it doesn't release on the 21st so they removed it since it sounds more like a statement than a "guys i have a prediction"

39 minutes ago, Zortyx said:

i feel like that's a 50 50 on one hand you could be right and the mods wanted to hide it on the other hand they could be thinking the topic could cause some anger if it doesn't release on the 21st so they removed it since it sounds more like a statement than a "guys i have a prediction"

If it was a simple "I removed it because funny name"

why would it also be removed from the history on my profile page?

Or is that just standard operating procedure?

On 25.06.2017 at 6:08 AM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

the current model is same as vanilla i think in Excalibur umbra "prime"  here is that model in action, though its unknown if Excalibur umbra global will have its own exalted blade difference, i hope exalted nikana .... 

Actually, the model in the video is pre-rework one, I wonder if after Excal's rework it received a different look than the one we got.

Xaulted nikana priiime

Hurrnnnngggg

Nikana Prime is the most beautiful of blades

It's opulent pearlessence should be a higher Mastery Rank than it is.

If not simply to limit the filthy commoners from grasping at its Regal form

The nikana prime is truly one of the only weapons that should be allowed to be elevated to an exalted form

NAY!

This exalted weapon was simply bastardized by making it a common Prime variant !

The Artisans who crafted it out of petty earth materials, merely trying to capture its True Glory

Edited by KuramaKitsune

26 minutes ago, Tenshi said:

I made a thingy ( criticism is neat )

bIuGLyO_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

It's black and white I can't say that's really cool

does that count as criticism?

Also if you're on fire why the hell do you need a scarf to stay warm?

Strikes me as one of those

male teen types

with the spiky hair

Damn kids better stay off of my lawn

Edited by KuramaKitsune

39 minutes ago, KuramaKitsune said:

It's black and white I can't say that's really cool

does that count as criticism?

I guess it does, I guess I gotta get me some coloring pens.

39 minutes ago, KuramaKitsune said:

If you're on fire why the hell do you need a scarf to stay warm?

Dunno, I just went with the "Umbra cloth/scarf style".

( unless I'm entirely wrong about that being a style/thing )

I didn't really think with logic since I'm only drawing some kind of a design for a helmet with weird fire hair. Besides, Ember can use syandanas ( presumably made out of cloth I guess? ) so a scarf won't make that much of a difference right? :P

Edited by Tenshi
Right??

1 minute ago, Tenshi said:

I guess it does, I guess I gotta get me some coloring pens.

Dunno, I just went with the "Umbra cloth/scarf style". 

I didn't really think with logic since I'm only drawing some kind of a design for a helmet with weird fire hair. Besides, Ember can use syandanas ( presumably made out of cloth I guess? ) so a scarf won't make that much of a difference right? :P

Really those are the only things I could think to even bring up to attempt to criticize like you wanted me to

9 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Actually, the model in the video is pre-rework one, I wonder if after Excal's rework it received a different look than the one we got.

even then the animations on current vanilla have not changed much, we even still get the square pixel effects on cast 

the main pbr changes will just effect shading and details 

7 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Maybe when we finish this lore in update 20.8 we can playe with adult tenno.and in next big update  21 we can upgrade him/her in 2 Umbra frame... 🤔👌

See, I once would have disagreed with you and said "No, the Operators are fine. They're physically young, but they can still have the minds of awful space ninja murderers."

Unfortunately, DE continue to write their dialogue as little lost children in spess, so I must now accept the following possibility: If DE will give us an option for Operators who appear to be fully physically adult, then surely what comes with it will be a more mature and serious set of voice packs.

9 hours ago, Tenshi said:

I made a thingy ( criticism is neat )

s7XVvMs_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

With the fire, I think looking for something to encourage a sense of transparency could help in future, along with perhaps extending the lines in parts as it's a touch too regular to really 'sell' as fire.

The metallic segments are decent, though would benefit from a way to highlight the 'sheen', especially where the light would play off from the reflections of the flames. A way to step forward, but otherwise it's clear what you're aiming for.

As for shading, just need to remember where your light is coming from and tone up accordingly. For the most part fine, though the parts where items are under or being overlapped could do with being a touch darker. It's admittedly something you need to get a feel for though.

Hope that helps you any. It's a good piece of work, and should feel good about that.

No, putting a frame, especially umbra, behind a pay wall would effectively make the game pay to win, (as it's locking mastery behind a money wall) DE have built a good reputation for doing free to play done right, there's no way they'd blow everything they worked for just for one over-hyped frame