Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

giphy.gif

No idea to be honest. Personally I have never been less interested in a Warframe like Excalibur, so if it was a Warframe, say Equinox, Limbo or Zephyr, than there's a possibility.

Or if it's a completely unique Warframe all together, would be pretty interesting as well.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

No.

Never.

I will admit, I have been buying content lately, instead of farming it, but just like with Hema, I refuse to buy anything not farmable (or not reasonably farmable) out of principle. Umbra could have a perfect skill set, with awesome stats and great weapons bundled in, but if the only way to get it was to pay, then I would immediately say NO! and might even consider quitting.

DE has done a great job of Free-2-Win, so I don't see them pulling anything like this, but if they did, I would be greatly disappointed.

> 'yes' votes overshadowing 'no' votes

That's very disturbing. I expected better values from this community.

No. I will not buy umbra. To think that this is even suggestion must be purged. 

Edit-looks like there's sanity in this community after all

Edited by Nexle

1 hour ago, Evanescent said:

This is a very thinly veiled attempt at an Excalibur Prime topic. Sneaky sneaky.

And for the record, the answer is no.

No not at all I don't care for Excalibur prime . I was just thinking as a company , offering Excalibur umbra up for money would be a smart financial move . Since everyone's so crazy about umbra it would make lots and lots of cash . & honestly I would pay for that scarf

btw it wouldn't be pay to win seeing how Excalibur umbra isn't much better better then Excalibur anyway . Slight boost in stats if we're going by China frame 

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

2 hours ago, Etan-gK said:

No, putting a frame, especially umbra, behind a pay wall would effectively make the game pay to win, (as it's locking mastery behind a money wall) DE have built a good reputation for doing free to play done right, there's no way they'd blow everything they worked for just for one over-hyped frame

but mastery from just 1 frame is irrelevant, in a game where you can obtain 1.4 mil mastery the 6k mastery from 1 umbra frame is completely irrelevant, not to mention it doesn't matter if someone manages to reach 1 mastery rank higher than you because of it because all you have to do is wait a month for new weapons/frames to rank up mastery as well

6 hours ago, Nexle said:

> 'yes' votes overshadowing 'no' votes

That's very disturbing. I expected better values from this community.

No. I will not buy umbra. To think that this is even suggestion must be purged. 

Edit-looks like there's sanity in this community after all

You "Buy"pass timesinks in Warframe and the only thing behind paywalls is cosmetics.

The Artform is keeping the gameplay experience enjoyable for those who invest time AND those who invest real money to bypass it.

Umbra won't be behind a paywall.  But if you haven't invested time in this game prior to his quest and want him when he is released, prepare to "Buy"pass the timesinks needed.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73