Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

9 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Aside from the scarf Excal Umbra looks kinda ehhhhhhhh too. Those crescent gold bits on his lower arm and elbows and on his helmet stick out too much to be aesthetically pleasing to normal people. 

i did suggest early on that scarf should be an auxiliary but also that the umbra parts like prime parts can be toggle able with tennogen 

8 minutes ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

*facepalm* I mean someone in china frame using him during TSD

You need player from china who playe with him to show you that and if you find some 1,please share the video

14 hours ago, JoshuaAnders said:

There is also this duality at play here:

The Primes = slave Warframes that served the Orokin. Essentially mindless automatons or mindless beasts with little to no self-determination. That is, until the Tenno come into play.

The Tenno = a merger of those Warframes with self-deterministic beings capable of conscious thought and free will, therefore choice. The controllers of the Warframes, both Primes and other mass-produced variants.

The Umbra = nomadic Warframes, with their own inherent consciousness, that have no masters, that have no symbiotic relationship with anything, but rather exist on their own, and are completely self-deterministic. Either with having some form of AI present. Or instead, some form of complete consciousness transferral from a once-living being that gives them their self-deterministic nature.

This is what I've been thinking. I'm glad you summarised it for me!

If you look back at the old Codex entries for Rhino, it states that the frame came to life in a primitive way, destroying the lab it was being held in. Now we're unsure if this was the operator doing this, or if this is what the frames are capable of without the Operators to control them. I believe this is the first instance of proof that the Warframes have some sort of consciousness.

Using this theory, it would explain why the Stalker was so stunned after seeing your operator, as a child, controlling the Warframes. Perhaps the Stalker is an autonomous Warframe. It does say he's been around for thousands of years watching the Tenno, so I guess he's had alot of time to evolve from this primitive being, into his own persona.

I can see Umbra being the autonomous Warframes with no operators. And in the future, as we have balanced the scales before, we have controlled the Primes of the Orokin (Light), it makes sense for us to control the Umbra (Dark).

We are the middle ground in which holds the Balance of Light and Dark.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Owwly said:

This is what I've been thinking. I'm glad you summarised it for me!

If you look back at the old Codex entries for Rhino, it states that the frame came to life in a primitive way, destroying the lab it was being held in. Now we're unsure if this was the operator doing this, or if this is what the frames are capable of without the Operators to control them. I believe this is the first instance of proof that the Warframes have some sort of consciousness.

Using this theory, it would explain why the Stalker was so stunned after seeing your operator, as a child, controlling the Warframes. Perhaps the Stalker is an autonomous Warframe. It does say he's been around for thousands of years watching the Tenno, so I guess he's had alot of time to evolve from this primitive being, into his own persona.

I can see Umbra being the autonomous Warframes with no operators. And in the future, as we have balanced the scales before, we have controlled the Primes of the Orokin (Light), it makes sense for us to control the Umbra (Dark).

We are the middle ground in which holds the Balance of Light and Dark.

Pretty much.

Blurring the lines between good and evil seems to be a major trend nowadays in story-telling and this fits right in with the status quo.

Us, the operators, essentially giving into our darker aspects somewhat, and using the abilities / benefits that gives us for what we subjectively perceive to be the good of the system.

(Let's not forget that good and evil are subjective in nature, simply put, their definition depends on the subjective point of view - e.g. if Umbras are sentient, they likely see regular Primes as evil or bad due to their lack of self-determination and autonomy).

1 hour ago, JoshuaAnders said:

(Let's not forget that good and evil are subjective in nature, simply put, their definition depends on the subjective point of view - e.g. if Umbras are sentient, they likely see regular Primes as evil or bad due to their lack of self-determination and autonomy).

umbra faction...

On 25.07.2017 at 9:16 PM, LSG501 said:

As I said that is a steam exclusive not a pc exclusive.  It's no different to tennogen items which can only be bought via steam, they're not pc exclusive, they're steam exclusive because you can't buy them on the pc without using steam (remember there is a standalone client for this game). 

Tennogen items (some of them) are available on consoles, you can buy them with platinum. It's possible that all tennogen items will reach consoles eventually. But Onyx won't be accessible there. That's the difference.

I wonder why originator (founder) pack in Chinaframe is still being sold. It seems it just doesn't have a time limit.

This might mean there will be no Excalibur Umbra in Chinaframe. Instead, Chinese non-founder players can always purchase Excalibur Umbra Prime.

2 minutes ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

did you know they also have what is essentially a PA for the targis prime armor set?

IIRC all PAs there are constantly available. But founder pack is meant to be a limited offer.

This can be a hint to what our global Excal Umbra will be. How different will it be from Chinese Excal Umbra Prime. My bet is that the word "Prime" is the only difference. But if it's really like that, and we will be able to get Excal Umbra during (or after) the cinematic quest, what will Chinese non-founder players get? Nothing? It wouldn't be fair to them. And if they get a frame identical to founder-exclusive item (besides the name) it wouldn't be fair to founders. But the fact that Excal Umbra Prime is always available for purchase kinda solves the issue. You want Umbra - you buy it. You don't care - you pass.

1 hour ago, Rann0n said:

Tennogen items (some of them) are available on consoles, you can buy them with platinum. It's possible that all tennogen items will reach consoles eventually. But Onyx won't be accessible there. That's the difference.

If something was a pc exclusive you would be able to get it on both the standalone pc client and steam, you can't get either tennogen or onyx on the pc without using steam, therefore by definition it's a steam exclusive. 

I kind of see tennogen on console as different to tennogen on pc because of the legal requirements on pc.... while they're technically the same item you can only buy them via steam on the pc (which makes them a steam exclusive on pc) while you can use plat iirc on console. 

36 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

IIRC all PAs there are constantly available. But founder pack is meant to be a limited offer.

This can be a hint to what our global Excal Umbra will be. How different will it be from Chinese Excal Umbra Prime. My bet is that the word "Prime" is the only difference. But if it's really like that, and we will be able to get Excal Umbra during (or after) the cinematic quest, what will Chinese non-founder players get? Nothing? It wouldn't be fair to them. And if they get a frame identical to founder-exclusive item (besides the name) it wouldn't be fair to founders. But the fact that Excal Umbra Prime is always available for purchase kinda solves the issue. You want Umbra - you buy it. You don't care - you pass.

Basically discarding exclusivity?

2 minutes ago, Corial said:

Basically discarding exclusivity?

Well, Excal Umbra Prime is still exclusive to founder pack. But founder pack is always available, so it's not really exclusive itself.

Edited by Ksaero

Just now, Ksaero said:

Well, Excal Umbra Prime is exclusive to founder pack. But founder pack is always available, so it's not really exclusive itself.

Dont know what to think about it really. I'm just waiting for tomorrow's devstream to kick in. I hope to see lots of stuff again :clem:

12 minutes ago, Corial said:

Dont know what to think about it really. I'm just waiting for tomorrow's devstream to kick in. I hope to see lots of stuff again :clem:

Yeah, I hope Umbra talk isn't under veto anymore and we actually hear some significant stuff.

18 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Yeah, I hope Umbra talk isn't under veto anymore and we actually hear some significant stuff.

Most likely limited to hinting how he functions and if his stuff has different visuals, spoiling too much ruins surprise :heart:

8 minutes ago, Corial said:

Most likely limited to hinting how he functions and if his stuff has different visuals, spoiling too much ruins surprise :heart:

Ofc quest plot details should remain secret, all I wanna know is when we should expect the quest to be released and if Umbra's EB receives a new model (Nikana hopefully).

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

If something was a pc exclusive you would be able to get it on both the standalone pc client and steam, you can't get either tennogen or onyx on the pc without using steam, therefore by definition it's a steam exclusive. 

I kind of see tennogen on console as different to tennogen on pc because of the legal requirements on pc.... while they're technically the same item you can only buy them via steam on the pc (which makes them a steam exclusive on pc) while you can use plat iirc on console. 

Not gonna argue about steam/pc exclusives, I'm just saying there is a difference between Onyx and Tennogen skins/helmets, with the difference being that Onyx won't be released on consoles. Saying a tennogen skin on steam is different to tennogen skin on console is the same as saying that prime accessories on PC are different to prime accessories on consoles because you additionally get platinum on console after purchase.

Edited by Rann0n

19 minutes ago, Rann0n said:

the same as saying that prime accessories on PC are different to prime accessories on consoles because you additionally get platinum on console after purchase.

But that's just a different package deal, nothing there is exclusive it's just packaged different.