Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

7 minutes ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

Afaik it's like that until completion of the quest, basically creates the illusion of a destroyed moon

Ic, well then it makes no sense of Steve saying spoilers both on his video and on Devstream, and rebecca also checking the moon broken, I would not believe they would say spoiler for those who had not completed the quest yet since before the 2nd dream quest it is broken according to you and the pics and on.

Or perhaps, the moon is really destroyed after The sacrifice.

The Teaser of the sacrifice shows that the moon is unstable, and yes, when playing on it, you pretty much see the pieces falling down, but It can be a hint as well.

In another way I don't think they would say spoiler when looking to lua itself.

Still it's good to speculate about all of it.

So I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm going to mention it again. People are making the assumption that The dialogue we're hearing is speaking to us, but every time we've heard Ballas talk previously it been in the context of during the reign of the Orokin empire directed at other Orokin. I see no reason to think this talk of sacrifice is directed at us at all. I think it's much more likely that it's directed at whomever they infested to make the Warframes. "Would you trade, if you could? Surely, but all miracles require sacrifice. For their life, yours." This sounds to me like it's about us, not directed to us. It sounds to me like he's talking to people or a person that has some sympathy toward the Tenno, asking if they could, would they trade with us children, save us from this uncontrollable energy that now consumes us and this madness that eats at our minds. in order for us to have clarity, to have a second chance we needed vessels, bodies that our minds could inhabit in our lucid dreams. The Warframes were the answer to that, and remember that this quest was stated to explore the origin of these puppets of infested human flesh we're so familiar with yet know so little about.

It's not about some sacrifice we'll make, it's about a sacrifice that was made by others for us before The Old War.

Edit: Also, for the moon in POE, remember that it can be accessed very early on in the game on earth, prior to the second dream.

Edited by Tarak

Recently I was looking at images of the stalker, and I noticed a small, easy to miss, detail on his arms... There where line markings, that of Excalibur Umbra.

If you look at the pictures of Umbra you will notice two straight stripes going down his forearm. Its the same with Shadow Stalker, could this possibly mean Shadow stalker is an Umbra?

There will be two pictures below so you can see for yourself. Just look at the arms, They have the same markings. Plus their chest's look identical too. What do you think?

maxresdefault.jpgIMEvU6T.jpg

and both look like normal excalibur..

that said it's not completely impossible, stalker was low guardian but now he has warframe in his controll

it could be the stalker used transferance in secret while we murdered the empire to be able to get revenge (clearly not even dax can defeat us but stalker can)

The Stalker is an ex-excalibur. Everyone knows that. lol

He dislike the stupid helmet so he made his own, hence his body is excalibur. 

But then... many stuffs were excalibur last time cos he is the first and iconic frame of warframe lol

One thing I've never understood with Stalker is how its states he was a royal guard of some form (Dax?) and saw the tenno sluaghter the upper Orokin. How can he be tenno? Or did he turn himself into a warframe, as the sacrifice trailer hints that great warriors (again Dax maybe) are scarified (made into) the orginal warfames.

Point is that he could be a umbra if umbra frames are the ones that were made from warriors instead of mass produced models.

Edited by PH0T0Nman

25 minutes ago, PH0T0Nman said:

One thing I've never understood with Stalker is how its states he was a royal guard of some form (Dax?) and saw the tenno sluaghter the upper Orokin. How can he be tenno? Or did he turn himself into a warframe, as the sacrifice trailer hints that great warriors (again Dax maybe) are scarified (made into) the orginal warfames.

Point is that he could be a umbra if umbra frames are the ones that were made from warriors instead of mass produced models.

He claims to be a Guardian. 

But here's the thing, he's completely nuts. 

I don't believe a single thing he says in his codex entry. It's basically his cognitive dissonance and insanity driven headcanon for his origin story. 

things to note of my second replay 

rells shadow self says specifically " i wont let you take me, from me" 

there are also a number of oddities in how it behaves when it attacks 

it can cast harrows condemn onto you,  what appears to be valkyrs warcry , as well as valkyr hysteria attacks, the chains that appear around it when he trys to attack also look like harrows 4 chain animation breaking , so maybe lore wise hes constantly in the invulnerable state of both valkyr and harrow 

it also does a lung strike to you same as hysterical assault

makes me wonder ,is this another showing that shadows can use an amalgam of warframe powers together , such as with stalker, and his acolytes ?

we know when it appears we get stalker like light flickering 

------

also rell refers to the void as an entity , the man behind the wall, the lidless eye 

seems like a reference to an omnipresent/omnipotent?  entity in/as the void , and we know it states that during the time he was in void , he needed someone to talk to, did the void create the shadow rell reflection as a means of communication or maybe as a means to infiltrate rells harrow? 

------

we know from the comic, and TWW the adults on zarimon became hostile and started hunting/attacking the kids, and the kids retaliated by doing the same, we havent seen any trace of living adults from the incident so were they all wiped out? or re-purposed ..

Spoiler

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ0lownAKOp

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQzJTeHqaZh

pageSeven_003.pngpageFour_002.pngpageThree_002.png

That's something I've been trying to figure out as well, the quests for Warframes such as Limbo and Mirage that seem to refer to these Warframes as self-contained entities always threw me. Some say they were written that way because it was before the team decided on the Tenno being kids that use the 'Frames as drones, but I saw the 'Warframes are remote controlled drones' coming a good year and a half minimum before The Second Dream. Plus in Mirage's quest, The Lotus refers to a 'Great faceted eye' watching Mirage just before she's burned away and 'lost forever'. I've felt like that was a Sentient, as she was fighting Sentients, but I'm wondering if there is some relation to the 'Lidless Eye' referred to in Chains of Harrow. Perhaps a reflection of the Sentients in the void?

I've wondered if the Warframes could somehow be infested clones of adults that survived locked away in some part of the Zariman. The Ember Prime entry comments that there were no adults aboard, but in The War Within the Tenno can make a choice that refers to building a makeshift prison for some of the adults. We know that we have some form of bond to the Warframes that allows us to control them (Ballas said we 'just barely' control them in the trailer for Valkyr Prime, it's worth a listen, also talks about them as 'beasts, far from their human seed' and about them being 'hunted for sport') and allows us to channel the 'dangerous and uncontrollable' Void energy we have access to through them. On the other hand, though, we appear to be immune to infestation ourselves, so is it our very void exposure that causes that? Or is there something else there?

Edited by Tarak

1 hour ago, Tarak said:

That's something I've been trying to figure out as well, the quests for Warframes such as Limbo and Mirage that seem to refer to these Warframes as self-contained entities always threw me. Some say they were written that way because it was before the team decided on the Tenno being kids that use the 'Frames as drones, but I saw the 'Warframes are remote controlled drones' coming a good year and a half minimum before The Second Dream. Plus in Mirage's quest, The Lotus refers to a 'Great faceted eye' watching Mirage just before she's burned away and 'lost forever'. I've felt like that was a Sentient, as she was fighting Sentients, but I'm wondering if there is some relation to the 'Lidless Eye' referred to in Chains of Harrow. Perhaps a reflection of the Sentients in the void?

I've wondered if the Warframes could somehow be infested clones of adults that survived locked away in some part of the Zariman. The Ember Prime entry comments that there were no adults aboard, but in The War Within the Tenno can make a choice that refers to building a makeshift prison for some of the adults. We know that we have some form of bond to the Warframes that allows us to control them (Ballas said we 'just barely' control them in the trailer for Valkyr Prime, it's worth a listen, also talks about them as 'beasts, far from their human seed' and about them being 'hunted for sport') and allows us to channel the 'dangerous and uncontrollable' Void energy we have access to through them. On the other hand, though, we appear to be immune to infestation ourselves, so is it our very void exposure that causes that? Or is there something else there?

Isn't it just about the point of perception? We as players see behind the curtain n stuff, but the people in the story do not. They see a warframe and they don't know what it realy is. The codexes are written from thier point of view and are based on what they know, or think they know.

5 hours ago, Tarak said:

i had a hypothesis on the possible creation of warframes a while back that might explain why operators are immune <link>

in regards to the eyes, thats a good catch 

currently to my understanding what rell is speaking of is the void 

but we have two views here his and margaulis 

void is a mystery, some other dimensional plain of raw chaotic energies that seem to break/bypass our known laws/physics of our reality  

from the views we have 

1. rell-speaks of it as an entity , lidless eye [all seeing] , self aware, conscious? 
  2. margaluis - its like a deep ocean and creates pressure within our limited minds , as its more then what humans can perceive, long exposure causes a "bends" of sorts that reflects madness?  

to the warframes -which sacrifice will shed light on-  some key points that are interesting

• rhino primes lore spoke of infested/creatures ...things being made before we started using them for transference , the discovery of us being able to remote control them , was an accident  
  • from that it seems silver grove, sheds light that margaluis was recruiting infested biologists to create a better suited surrogate form for us to control, then ballas turned the project to weaponize the frames/us to fight sentient

7 hours ago, Tarak said:

My first assumption was that warframes were an type of armor just like iron man, when the 'kids' came along I was like you kidding me right? kids? for real? but I got used to it.

Also interesting thoughts.