Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 hours ago, Trowicia said:

When can I expect my Ember to become umbrafied? 8D Glorious burning scarf action is what I need in my life right now. :clem:
(Guys - please don't take my post literally as I'm half-serious. I love making some goofs every now and then.)

we dont know what frames even get umbra variation at this point  ,more info should be revealed when umbra excal is in game and we understand the umbra system of obtainment 

that said ember is one i hope for 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

we dont know what frames even get umbra variation at this point  ,more info should be revealed when umbra excal is in game and we understand the umbra system of obtainment 

that said ember is one i hope for 

I would imagine that the original 8(or the first 16, if your feeling lucky) would get an Umbra, so that would be:

Excalibur, Mag, Loki, Rhino, Trinity, Volt, Ash, Ember.

The second series of Umbras would, if going by release dates, be:

Nova, Nyx, Frost, Saryn, Vauban, Nekros, Valkyr, Banshee.

Edited by Kerberos-3

26 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

I would imagine that the original 8(or the first 16, if your feeling lucky) would get an Umbra, so that would be:

Excalibur, Mag, Loki, Rhino, Trinity, Volt, Ash, Ember.

The second series of Umbras would, if going by release dates, be:

Nova, Nyx, Frost, Saryn, Vauban, Nekros, Valkyr, Banshee.

well thats the thing with umbras unlike primes it could follow a new pattern or give new frames a earlier variant then prime 

On 8/7/2017 at 4:29 AM, Tarak said:

This. Personally, I'd actually be perfectly happy with Excal P coming back IF there were two iterations, same stats mind you, but something that really differentiated the Founder version from the 'public' version. If, for instance, he was released publicly with his current model and the current Excal Primes were changed to a Founder Excal Prime with Prime add-ons and perhaps an altered Helmet option for him. However, that will never happen. The Founders that don't want him coming back into the game under any circumstances mean that that can't happen, and even a few would really make that impossible. Even so, people would complain that the Founder version had cosmetic differences that the public version didn't >.> ... Is what it is...

DE could just write a Script where Excalibur Prime/Excalibur/Excalibur Umbra P/Excalibur Umbra just give the same Experience (or combined into large chunk of Exp(basically 12,000, and the salts happen).

On a different side note, Excalibur Primes can get an upgrade like EXCALIBUR EMPEROR PRIME (or Just Ex King Prime) (100 more Health and more energy to ADD to the SALTS even more).

But yeah, I WOULD totally Agree that about every Founders don't mind getting more, but on the downside, that only add to the salts, but who knows. MAYBE, years since Founders, things would be a bit more calm, IF Excaliburs E Primes doesn't really stop from attaining Excalibur Primes.

POINT IS, DE won't be changing Excalibur Primes Exclusive Limited Time to Primes, and no one should have their hope too highs.SINCE: Umbra is favored over Ex Prime?

33 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

DE could just write a Script where Excalibur Prime/Excalibur/Excalibur Umbra P/Excalibur Umbra just give the same Experience (or combined into large chunk of Exp(basically 12,000, and the salts happen).

On a different side note, Excalibur Primes can get an upgrade like EXCALIBUR EMPEROR PRIME (or Just Ex King Prime) (100 more Health and more energy to ADD to the SALTS even more).

But yeah, I WOULD totally Agree that about every Founders don't mind getting more, but on the downside, that only add to the salts, but who knows. MAYBE, years since Founders, things would be a bit more calm, IF Excaliburs E Primes doesn't really stop from attaining Excalibur Primes.

POINT IS, DE won't be changing Excalibur Primes Exclusive Limited Time to Primes, and no one should have their hope too highs.SINCE: Umbra is favored over Ex Prime?

There will be NO Excalibur Prime, I even asked once to give me access to Founders pack in secret by emailing, and they said they were sorry that they could not bring founders pack or Excalibur Prime alone back to the table and that they know the frustation of it.

25 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

There will be NO Excalibur Prime, I even asked once to give me access to Founders pack in secret by emailing, and they said they were sorry that they could not bring founders pack or Excalibur Prime alone back to the table and that they know the frustation of it.

Not so secret anymore you know.. :stalker:

• Like 1

it is well known excalibur prime will never return , its a dead horse many seem to beat on , we get excalibur umbra to be the general user upgrade -FIN- -plus not a fan of keyface- 

i know some want the prime for collector purposes, but imo its a founder thing, and that is something i think is rightfully theirs and even those asking  deals under radar will not get them because de holds the promise they made on the subject in high regards 

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i know some want the prime for collector purposes.

Tears. DE was a child back then anyway, It's not their fault they needed support and came up with idea of founders as one time only.

Even it is clearly bad we don't have it, it's also clearly understandable.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

4 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Tears. DE was a child back then anyway, It's not their fault they needed support and came up with idea of founders as one time only.

Even it is clearly bad we don't have it it's also clearly understandable.

its not a bad thing by any means, it clearly shows de's commitment to the founders  , and their promise.

its unobtainable so it makes people want it more. thats it in a nut shell , if everyone could get it no one would care, things like this happen on kickstater all the time

if you were unable to to join the program when it was available due to "situations" thats not de's fault, life circumstances occur for everyone , best you can do is accept it and carry on , and look forward to the umbra variant is my suggestion to any who feel that way 

37 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

its not a bad thing by any means, it clearly shows de's commitment to the founders  , and their promise.

its unobtainable so it makes people want it more. thats it in a nut shell , if everyone could get it no one would care, things like this happen on kickstater all the time

if you were unable to to join the program when it was available due to "situations" thats not de's fault, life circumstances occur for everyone , best you can do is accept it and carry on , and look forward to the umbra variant is my suggestion to any who feel that way 

Spoiler

No no, You miss-understood, DE once said it was a mistake, yes the reason of people want it more because its unobtainable is true, its the human nature but it does not explain the fact that not only me but at least half of the people who wants Excalibur prime it is because for us it makes no sense not having it and as well some of us are collectors.

Excalibur is the Main and it still the only not having a prime version, some founders as well have no issue if DE released Excalibur Prime without the founder status.

I personally think Umbra will not fix it for everyone, since again it is NOT the prime version, it's a new version of frames, people will still ask for Excalibur Prime even after that, why? Because new players, they will keep asking for it. "Where is excalibur prime drop? where do I get it? is anyone selling it yet? why can't we have him after all those years?"

So no matter how many of us say "carry on there will be no ExcalPrime" there will be people asking for it non stop, and DE knows it thats why they know it was a mistake.

Thats why it's bad we don't have it, it's a question that will be asked until the end of warframe probably.

I personally wanted to have Founders pack not only for excalibur but because there was a specific Chat that only Founders and DE can communicate to share Ideas.

And Yes I'm fine that i have missed that opportunity of direct communication with DE, but not as fine as Excalibur Prime not avaible.

Still It's not up to us and not even new players to bring it back, so all we can do is play the game.

As well as I saw peolpe seriously saying "Finally excalibur prime will be avaible" after the sacrifice teaser.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

28 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:
  Hide contents

No no, You miss-understood, DE once said it was a mistake, yes the reason of people want it more because its unobtainable is true, its the human nature but it does not explain the fact that not only me but at least half of the people who wants Excalibur prime it is because for us it makes no sense not having it and as well some of us are collectors.

Excalibur is the Main and it still the only not having a prime version, some founders as well have no issue if DE released Excalibur Prime without the founder status.

I personally think Umbra will not fix it for everyone, since again it is NOT the prime version, it's a new version of frames, people will still ask for Excalibur Prime even after that, why? Because new players, they will keep asking for it. "Where is excalibur prime drop? where do I get it? is anyone selling it yet? why can't we have him after all those years?"

So no matter how many of us say "carry on there will be no ExcalPrime" there will be people asking for it non stop, and DE knows it thats why they know it was a mistake.

Thats why it's bad we don't have it, it's a question that will be asked until the end of warframe probably.

I personally wanted to have Founders pack not only for excalibur but because there was a specific Chat that only Founders and DE can communicate to share Ideas.

And Yes I'm fine that i have missed that opportunity of direct communication with DE, but not as fine as Excalibur Prime not avaible.

Still It's not up to us and not even new players to bring it back, so all we can do is play the game.

sigh ..

Spoiler

i did not misunderstand, actually this is an old discussion

i  know the statement was said, and the fact no further "exclusive" frames exist is proof enough 

and as with anything , especially in warframe ,  content will be a  love hate relation .  umbra excal wont solve the issue for everyone , but it solves the issue of an excalibur upgrade that should exist in game

yes people will always ask those questions on excal prime... probably forever. or as long as warframe exists , there will always be someone , best we can do is explain the facts and hope they can move on with their life 

also  ..kind said this isnt known better 

anyone can become Design council [chat your referring to] still to this day 

its not a closed thing tenno. you can be invited to join based on your behavior and actions. just be a positive member of forums and a good member of the community 

fun fact im a design council member as are some of the other non founder posters in this thread 

also its not that big of a thing as its not a very active role 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

sigh ..

Hide contents

i did not misunderstand, actually this is an old discussion

i  know the statement was said, and the fact no further "exclusive" frames exist is proof enough 

and as with anything , especially in warframe ,  content will be a  love hate relation .  umbra excal wont solve the issue for everyone , but it solves the issue of an excalibur upgrade that should exist in game

yes people will always ask those questions on excal prime... probably forever. or as long as warframe exists , there will always be someone , best we can do is explain the facts and hope they can move on with their life 

also  ..kind said this isnt known better 

anyone can become Design council [chat your referring to] still to this day 

its not a closed thing tenno. you can be invited to join based on your behavior and actions. just be a positive member of forums and a good member of the community 

fun fact im a design council member as are some of the other non founder posters in this thread 

also its not that big of a thing as its not a very active role 

Sigh, Now that I didn't know, seems like they broke their promisse about the Council chat, ty for that info do.

I also don't know many things on the forum I'm only active because of Umbra and after Umbra I'll just be non active again, so yeah sorry I tought excalibur prime discussion was a very closed/sensitive thing about the game.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

10 hours ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Sigh, Now that I didn't know, seems like they broke their promisse about the Council chat, ty for that info do.

I also don't know many things on the forum I'm only active because of Umbra and after Umbra I'll just be non active again, so yeah sorry I tought excalibur prime discussion was a very closed/sensitive thing about the game.

The Council Chat was never promised as exclusive, it was that you gained access to the design council and the council chat to help guide the game forward as it evolves. It was never exclusive and was never meant to be exclusive. It's always been something that is for both founders and people who are active in the community to move the game forward.

1 hour ago, Tarak said:

The Council Chat was never promised as exclusive, it was that you gained access to the design council and the council chat to help guide the game forward as it evolves. It was never exclusive and was never meant to be exclusive. It's always been something that is for both founders and people who are active in the community to move the game forward.

Indeed.

16 hours ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

the ability for non founders to become design council was made possible due to the growing loss of votes on decisions ,it was voted and passed that non founders could join DC so that the context and vote pool should at least remain somewhat constant and better reflect the communities wishes 

at least thats how it was explained to me