Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

ceph patience is a virtue , i know i have it :community:

I know you are my friend. This was meant more as a lighthearted (sorta) jab at the forum community in general (most recent case being the "patience" shown by the console community (in particular) for Harrow to drop).

Just now, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I know you are my friend. This was meant more as a lighthearted (sorta) jab at the forum community in general (most recent case being the "patience" shown by the console community (in particular) for Harrow to drop).

not as bad as valkyr germesi skin to get to consoles

that one was painful ...to wait for 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

thats my pain with zephyr -> prime/rework/deluxe 

I have a feeling that Zeph might be next in line for priming after Hydroid. We're due two female frames after him and Zeph, Mirage, and Mesa were the next three females released (in that order). So if they continue to follow release order like they have been for the last few, we're looking at this order: Zephyr/Mirage, Limbo/Chroma, Mesa/Equinox, Atlas/Wukong, Ivara/Titania, Nezha/Inaros, Octavia/(new frame), Nidus/Harrow. That said though, it's not by any means a guarantee.

Edit: That just caused me to imagine what a Nidus Prime would look like... That's strange.

Edited by Tarak

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

the ability for non founders to become design council was made possible due to the growing loss of votes on decisions ,it was voted and passed that non founders could join DC so that the context and vote pool should at least remain somewhat constant and better reflect the communities wishes 

at least thats how it was explained to me 

So if there was a vote made by the founders to unlock Excal Prime there could be a chance of this happening?

3 hours ago, Corial said:

Patience is key.

Well sadly not everyone has patience like me who has a bit of anxiety.. the 2 and a half if not 3 years of waiting for umbra was a ***t, I literally have to stop playing warframe and forget about the game until the new content is released.. the damn teaser brought me back, and this mega at least keep me fine when waiting.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

16 hours ago, Tarak said:

Nidus/Harrow. That said though, it's not by any means a guarantee.

Nidus Prime would really look... Like something else, that's for sure. But, I am almost certain that Harrow Prime won't be a thing, purely for Lore reasons.

Edited by Haynox

7 hours ago, Haynox said:

Nidus Prime would really look... Like something else, that's for sure. But, I am almost certain that Harrow Prime won't be a thing, purely for Lore reasons.

Denying every Frames ability to be Primes, is like saying Umbras does not exist. 

Choose either to have Primes/Umbras or to have nothing. (Can't take care of it, R I P).

Unless you want to get sued

On 8/9/2017 at 4:53 PM, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

So if there was a vote made by the founders to unlock Excal Prime there could be a chance of this happening?

Design Council involvement would not be likely happening.Chances of getting Excal P unlocked for say even a WEEK would bring up old Salts of time and money issues. 

• Now, it does not mean DE could not have a Prime Skins for Excalibur, this Excalibur Prime Skin would at least provide Fashion Satisfaction.
  • And DE could end up adding Primes to already Excalibur Prime (which would be good idea, LIKE a TOTALLY BAD ***** Looking FULL Primes Armor(SUPER SHINY too!) (Also more Health and Power for Excalibur Prime).

6 hours ago, Haynox said:

de has already said every frame will get a prime frame 

harrow -normal- is rells,

harrow prime is still lore cannon as it could be made before the vanilla one and thats what base harrow is derived from 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

35 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

de has already said every frame will get a frame 

harrow -normal- is rells,

harrow prime is still lore cannon as it could be made before the vanilla one and thats what base harrow is derived from 

I get what you're saying, but then again, if Rell was cast out by Margulis (and thus the Orokin all in all), because he was different, right after the Zariman tragedy, it wouldn't make sense they made it earlier given that Tenno and Warframes became a thing after the Zariman incident.

44 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

Denying every Frames ability to be Primes, is like saying Umbras does not exist. 

Choose either to have Primes/Umbras or to have nothing. (Can't take care of it, R I P).

Unless you want to get sued

What even? I just mentioned Nidus and Harrow, not EVERY frame. And I didn't deny it, I was just stating that lore-wise, it shouldn't exist. Whether DE makes it non-cannon and decide to make it is totally up to them.

Edited by Haynox

Just now, Ninjadeath721 said:

so Excalibur will get an excalibur

yes called umbra , sorry mobile and me dont always agree :P 

17 minutes ago, Haynox said:

I get what you're saying, but then again, if Rell was cast out by Margulis (and thus the Orokin all in all), because he was different, right after the Zariman tragedy, it wouldn't make sense they made it earlier given that Tenno and Warframes became a thing after the Zariman incident.

i think your confused on some points ill try to clarify 

per the blood text , "blinded she cast him out"  and per what palladino  states that is all thats known, no time frame of when this occurred.

prime types were not called primes in orokin era ,  a prime is a warframe built using orokin level technology and is the base to which derived the non prime versions later on

the non prime frames/weapons we the tenno used are based on an orokin designs , but they are not actually orokin technology 

so non prime frames are a reverse engineer/economy model of sorts 

now tenno used to be able to create our own prime level gear example is dakra prime, but since orokin fall we have lost that artistry/technology capability 

similar to inaros , the current harrow is the non orokin derived variation . which means it is based upon a orokin level harrow that existed prior , aka harrow prime 

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

also this  excal prime discussion is derailing thread ... 

its already been answered for that user, so let that dead horse lie please 

The discussion is complete fine for me, it was not fully answered by you since I asked my final question and the one who actually answered was DesFrSpace, the other user used a gif to answer my last question, I don't take gif seriously, so yeah I actually appreciate DesFrSpace answer, Thank you.

A note as well is, If you don't like my questions don't answer it and or don't be bothered with it.

Including that this mega is looping around with same questions related and or not even related to Umbra for the "derailing" so don't be bothered If I as well asked something outside umbra even If its totally related to a single frame a.k.a. Excalibur.

but still Ty for the other answers you gave me as well.

Thanks anyway the Umbra theory ride was kind nice and I hope for Umbra soon, I'm out of this mega and out of the forums to save the hype otherwise anxiety will be a pain.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

20 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

This other user didn't take your question seriously, so I guess it all worked out.

Thought so, thats why I clicked on the new laught smile face, anyway I'm out, hope for something on this devstream, still if i find something useful about umbra I'll come back here.

also did anyone also noticed that the china umbra is actually different from the teaser one just saw it yesterday if anyone noticed that (at least from the gifs on the first page by OP they have some extra gold bits).

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

looks like standard light filter vs contrast filter 

ezgif-1-0c8b8140fd.gif china 

tumblr_ossp31o0Lz1vh3qiro1_400.gif Global 

This image here, the gold are on different locations.. hmm, interesting then, that the playable Umbra on both china and future global one has different gold bits from the "marketing umbra" why would they change that? (arms, close to shoulders, chest) as well some gray instead of pure dark gray.

the neck as well, that does not look like a scarf but a part of the armor.. and the back of the head is gray not gold.. well Idk.

5SXHPKd.jpg

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-
Fightning agaisn't the hype.

Why is everyone so excited? As far as I can tell it's just a skin for Excalibur. I like skins, but this will probably require plat, right?

Edit: Ok. I was told it was a skin, sorry. But why wasn't everyone so excited with every other warframe when they were released?

Edit: I get why people are excited now, thanks for the help guys. I do think that this will be a disappointment from how much it's being hyped, but  we'll see. o7 and have fun out there tenno!

Edited by BattlingBacon