Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

On 8/10/2017 at 8:09 AM, Haynox said:

Nidus Prime would really look... Like something else, that's for sure. But, I am almost certain that Harrow Prime won't be a thing, purely for Lore reasons.

Why is that? Rell used Harrow and chose that Warframe to transfer his consciousness into but that doesn't mean it didn't already exist and have a prime version. DE have always stated every Warframe they release is something that would potentially one day have a prime. Harrow is no exception, the Warframe design (like all the Warframes) likely existed long before Rell transferred his consciousness into one.

Edit: I didn't see the other posts until after I posted this. I think others have responded to this well enough. We went into cryo after the Old War was over and we 'defeated' the Sentients and, y'know, wiped out the vast majority of the Orokin. Rell did his thing after that... lots and lots of time in there.

Edited by Tarak

kinda makes you wonder why we havent met other older beings in the campaign plot 

were all tenno on the moon asleep..?

we know some have been awake and watching,during our long sleep  like stalker, specters ,lotus ,teshin, sentients, and the queens 

its odd we have no clear memories other then fragments of our past and basics of say the focus schools , its possible we were in transference/sleep  before the war. rhino primes lore dips in that direction, as they accidentally discovered we could latch onto the man made infested/golem/creatures while in the sleep state 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

kinda makes you wonder why we havent met other older beings in the campaign plot 

were all tenno on the moon asleep..?

we know some have been awake and watching,during our long sleep  like stalker, specters ,lotus ,teshin, sentients, and the queens 

its odd we have no clear memories other then fragments of our past and basics of say the focus schools , its possible we were in transference/sleep  before the war. rhino primes lore dips in that direction, as they accidentally discovered we could latch onto the man made infested/golem/creatures while in the sleep state 

Its also interesting how we have never met any of the original wielders of our Warframes. Some are most certainly dead, like Limbo and Mirage. But some could be alive, such as Ivara or Oberon. There is also the Original Valkyr and Nova, who are pretty much guaranteed to alive somewhere.

10 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Its also interesting how we have never met any of the original wielders of our Warframes. Some are most certainly dead, like Limbo and Mirage. But some could be alive, such as Ivara or Oberon. There is also the Original Valkyr and Nova, who are pretty much guaranteed to alive somewhere.

well we know the frames were destroyed 

but then makes me wonder if operators were killed, or were they killed wirelessly due to transference connection 

18 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

well we know the frames were destroyed 

but then makes me wonder if operators were killed, or were they killed wirelessly due to transference connection 

Not necessarily. The Original Valkyr is still around(after all, she was the whole reason behind the Hunt for Alad V), and I would be hard press to think that the OG Nova isn't still about.

50 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Not necessarily. The Original Valkyr is still around(after all, she was the whole reason behind the Hunt for Alad V), and I would be hard press to think that the OG Nova isn't still about.

many of the warframes we acquire lore wise predate TSD "timeline wise"  , so makes me think the operators existed stll on lua or elsewhere ?

valkyr brought a lot of debate on lore, but on reflection of say germesi , the prime look very similar -if you overlay them-

vlakyr non prime looked to be altered to try to make its performance more like the primes,  without needing the extra armor layer or tail 

unsure of what you mean by nova? the tenno high council had her created , that reflects even into orokin era . but we know it reflects warframe DC who helped create her 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

You know. I know this has likely been gone over repeatedly in here in the past 66 pages or so, but, I wonder, could the umbra moniker relate to the "body scaffolding" utilized in the creation of the suits? 

What I mean is that, the likely reason why the suits are at least vaguely hominid shaped is that, to force the technocyte to "grow" in a pattern that could utilize human weaponry, the technicians may have provided a corpse, a vat grown body, or a "sacrifice" of sorts to provide the imprint of a human shape.

Modern models might utilize a standard human template as technology permits, Prime models might allow us to utilize a cloned Dax template . . . but an Umbra?

An Umbra might have been something truely desperate, something filled with gold and shining splendor stained with inky black corruption and filth most foul. Perhaps a punishment for the weakest, an act of desperate unwilling sacrifice, mayhaps an act of pyrrhic vengeance after the revelation of damage beyond repair. Regardless of the source, an Umbra may potentially be the carcass of an Orokin itself.

Edited by Unus

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

many of the warframes we acquire lore wise predate TSD "timeline wise"  , so makes me think the operators existed stll on lua or elsewhere ?

valkyr brought a lot of debate on lore, but on reflection of say germesi , the prime look very similar -if you overlay them-

vlakyr non prime looked to be altered to try to make its performance more like the primes,  without needing the extra armor layer or tail 

unsure of what you mean by nova? the tenno high council had her created , that reflects even into orokin era . but we know it reflects warframe DC who helped create her 

Ok, Nova is a massive can of worms lore wise. Lets get the basics down first. Based what we know about them, do you honestly think the Orokin would have tolerated the existence of the Tenno Council in any form? I don't think so. The Tenno Council would have represented a massive threat to Orokin supremacy, as it could potentially have been a central authority for the Tenno to rally behind during a rebellion. In order to prevent such a threat, the Orokin would have not tolerated the council, and would like have squashed any attempt to form one. The Tenno Schools? Probably run by the Dax, who were genetically altered to be perfectly loyal, and by installing them as the leaders of the Tenno Schools, the Tenno would, in theory, be kept loyal. Therefore, Nova cannot have been created during the Orokin era, thus Nova Prime should not exist.

Edited by Kerberos-3

11 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Ok, Nova is a massive can of worms lore wise. Lets get the basics down first. Based what we know about them, do you honestly think the Orokin would have tolerated the existence of the Tenno Council in any form? I don't think so. The Tenno Council would have represented a massive threat to Orokin supremacy, as it could potentially have been a central authority for the Tenno to rally behind during a rebellion. In order to prevent such a threat, the Orokin would have not tolerated the council, and would like have squashed any attempt to form one. The Tenno Schools? Probably run by the Dax, who were genetically altered to be perfectly loyal, and by installing them as the leaders of the Tenno Schools, the Tenno would, in theory, be kept loyal. Therefore, Nova cannot have been created during the Orokin era, thus Nova Prime should not exist.

Then again, if you stuff the Council with Orokin loyalists, you give them the semblance of control without all the potential for error. If evidence were to pop up that they WERE puppets though. . . no ones ever said we ALL turned. . . and if Rell can exist. . . how many others could the Lotus have "no memory" of, be it as a lie or in a repressed manner? . . . .

6 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Yeah thats a tricky one.Maybe the Tenno Council was created in secret and the Orokin were unaware of it? But still odd with Nova unless one of the Tenno from the council presented the idea to those responsible the creation of said warframes as suposedly the frames were created based on the personality, wishes and ideas of the Tenno if I remember correctly.Which would explain Nova Prime since the Prime versions came before the regular variations.

12 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

i dont know, if the council is a more present thing  ,   "Her very existence, it's a result of Tenno High Council Research."

that very statement tends to be them looking or rather researching the idea, not to mention we already know all frames have a prime   variant

which leads me to believe they researched the nova prime components , and derived standard nova from it 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Ok so we know excalibur umbra should be coming soon and everyone excited im interested in it but i see it as a replacement for players who obviously will never touch excalibur prime but personally i think making more umbra sets a bad idea personally mainly becuz itll slow production itll take about 4 YEARS for current frames without a prime to get one plus more are coming its already a pain to get all the primes but to also get umbra now is too much more grind, too much more waiting, too much a headache, and waiting for primes is longer trying to wait patiently for yur favorite frames prime was bad enough i dont want to wait for umbras and excalibur prime is the only prime new players cant touch umbra a way work around giving players a cool excal but tbh think ill wont continue if they release more umbra yea its cool but i just want my chroma, nidus, ivara primes ect i think excal umbra as far it needs but what are your guys thoughts?

My work explores the relationship between Pre-raphaelite tenets and life as performance.

With influences as diverse as Nietzsche and Frida Kahlo, new synergies are crafted from both orderly and random discourse.

Ever since I was a postgraduate I have been fascinated by the traditional understanding of the universe. What starts out as triumph soon becomes finessed into a cacophony of temptation, leaving only a sense of unreality and the prospect of a new synthesis.

As momentary derivatives become distorted through studious and personal practice, the viewer is left with a hymn to the inaccuracies of our culture.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

My work explores the relationship between Pre-raphaelite tenets and life as performance.

With influences as diverse as Nietzsche and Frida Kahlo, new synergies are crafted from both orderly and random discourse.

Ever since I was a postgraduate I have been fascinated by the traditional understanding of the universe. What starts out as triumph soon becomes finessed into a cacophony of temptation, leaving only a sense of unreality and the prospect of a new synthesis.

As momentary derivatives become distorted through studious and personal practice, the viewer is left with a hymn to the inaccuracies of our culture.

What?

Too drunk and too high to talk. 

.0. Another Post, and seem to be CRAMPED at the LAST MINUTE without at least trying to be "Object-tify".

Go To Sleep.

PS, THIS Post might get moved here, KEEP CALM, don't be alarmed, you not the first to crate so many Umbras Posts in the Forum:

Edited by DesFrSpace

Well yeah there will be more stuff to make now with Umbra frames in mind and may take even longer but who knows.Don't think that DE is going to break the release cycle of the Primes as they have been released like what, ever 3 months or so?If anything new Umbra frames can fill up the spot when there isn't much new content releasing and what not.

But what we know for sure is that there will be more Umbra frames for sure.

god i really dont want more umbra it doesnt make any sense excal is the only exception i can see i dont want to recollect so many frames too much a hassle plus waiting for it is just as annoying i hope DE just worry about improving the game instead of putting more silly nonsense 

Just now, ShenRyujin said:

god i really dont want more umbra it doesnt make any sense excal is the only exception i can see i dont want to recollect so many frames too much a hassle plus waiting for it is just as annoying i hope DE just worry about improving the game instead of putting more silly nonsense 

Then don't worry about it.

My job here is done.

Just now, ShenRyujin said:

^ Opinion.

Many people look forward to seeing a "dark" version of their favored frames, and i doubt it will effect the prime release schedule.

3 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

^ Opinion.

Many people look forward to seeing a "dark" version of their favored frames, and i doubt it will effect the prime release schedule.

soooo does ember, frost, rhino, oberon, and vauban primes not considered to be colored dark? 

Edited by ShenRyujin
forgot a word

7 minutes ago, ShenRyujin said:

soooo does ember, frost, rhino, oberon, and vauban primes not considered to be colored dark? 

umbra frames will have a dark theme, not just a color or design.

There was talk of them having an entirely different skill set with new powers.