(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Same stats as Primes, different takes on abilities mebeh. I don't really care honestly, as long as they don't make more power creep, I'm really not into this whole Umbra thing.

From my understanding, Umbra isn't supposed to surpass the prime variant, but be a side grade. 

What I'm hoping 2 things. Either: 

A) Stats are the same, but abilities are slightly different that it is basically a new frame, which means you have a reason to choose Excal or Umbra

B) Stats are distributed differently, same abilities, but a new "Umbra only" mechanic. kind of like how prime frames get energy from death orbs (Which should be changed if this is the case if the mechanic completely outclasses prime. )

Doesn't really matter, imo, because we still don't know enough about Excal Umbra to say what he should or shouldn't be. I will be intrigued however DE portrays him because they are the ones telling the story, not us.

It'd end up being pretty weird if it was anything OTHER than another Prime-like thing, since China's already got an "Excalibur umbra". It'd be sort of strange for theirs to either change retroactively into something else OR exist alongside a SECOND version.

I was wondering about umbra and possibility to make him look like Shadow Stalker and i "created" possible collor pattern. (not exact but you will possibly see what i mean)

dLw9Fpo.png numbers mean position from top to bottom when you customize anything

Any feedback?

Edited by Baterial

49 minutes ago, IIDeathGun said:

It would be nice to have a warfare like stalker

TBH you will be able to have both normal stalker and shadow

normal stalker is normal excal, shadow is umbra

normal is having attachments color scheme on hands like excal have

The one thing i want from umbra, is this, and simply this.

A fresh, modern HUD when you have him equipped.

I hope that the gameplay is a one large leap for man kind away from normal gameplay, i really hope he doesn't have normal excal's powers, I hope he's reeally different from normal gameplay, i don't want Excalibur's powers in him at all, I want Umbra to be COMPLETELY detached from the Warframe norm. Mods? PSHH I'LL TAKE THE INFESTED CHAIR WITH A SIDE OF AUGMENTATION PLEASE. If i want that sort of gameplay, i can play Excalibur, and if he does have his powers, there better be an AMAZING gimmick with it. I want all that, i hope for all that, but what i'm flat out requesting from the dev's, telling you what i, the player, want, is a completely fresh, new hud. You can make the Umbra Gameplay as different as you want, it won't be as amazing and captivatingly detached from normal warframe as if there's a new HUD

A new gameplay system wouldn't be a new gameplay system without a brand new, completely different looking HUD, put his health and shields on the left, EFF THE ROOLS! (if he has health and shields)

Edited by TennoHack
  • Upvote 2

Instead of saying, I want this, I want that to be different. Why not suggest some ideas then? Also the hud probably wouldn't change, abilities probably would.

• Upvote 1

What I want from Umbra is for him to finally be added to the game instead of getting another barrage of SOON™s for two more years.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, but I find this thread pretty unnecessary. Yes, you're spot on, butI thought it was obvious enough how his colors would be set up and which tint affected whatever parts of his body.

i_0_1049875085x14924917_15.jpg

aHR0cDovL2ltZzAuaW1ndG4uYmRpbWcuY29tL2l0

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Instead of saying, I want this, I want that to be different. Why not suggest some ideas then? Also the hud probably wouldn't change, abilities probably would.

I've thrown my ideas out there already. It's just a matter of time.

I have a feeling that you're going to be disappointed. 

I very well could be. But this is something that people have been waiting for since warframe came out in china, and the Devs say they want Umbra to be different, not just a stupid prime prime, and so do I. I want his gameplay to be different than normal gameplay. If i want normal gameplay i can play with normal warframes. Not to mention this elusive sentient arm-cannon we keep hearing about. Probably coming out with Umbra if i had to guess, if it's not buried deep in the PoE update, Which wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by TennoHack

On 8/18/2017 at 2:13 PM, Baterial said:

I was wondering about umbra and possibility to make him look like Shadow Stalker and i "created" possible collor pattern. (not exact but you will possibly see what i mean)

dLw9Fpo.png numbers mean position from top to bottom when you customize anything

Any feedback?

also note this is a photoshopped image from chinaframe user on steam

FkbuPI3.jpg

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

also note this is a photoshopped image from chinaframe user on steam

FkbuPI3.jpg

Gorgeous as always

On 18.08.2017 at 6:36 PM, Baterial said:

i will be honest

bit stronger than normal, weaker in stats than prime

chinese umbra was prime umbra so had same stats as prime

ppl did not recognize it yet?

Excalibur Umbra = Excalibur Umbra Prime. The word "Prime" is only for two reasons: Chinese founders can feel special and no one asks why is there no Excalibur Prime in the game.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Excalibur Umbra = Excalibur Umbra Prime. The word "Prime" is only for two reasons: Chinese founders can feel special and no one asks why is there no Excalibur Prime in the game.

I wonder why people still argue about that (sometimes).

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2017 at 10:56 AM, Sajochi said:

From my understanding, Umbra isn't supposed to surpass the prime variant, but be a side grade. 

A) Stats are the same, but abilities are slightly different that it is basically a new frame, which means you have a reason to choose Excal or Umbra

B) Stats are distributed differently, same abilities, but a new "Umbra only" mechanic. kind of like how prime frames get energy from death orbs (Which should be changed if this is the case if the mechanic completely outclasses prime. )

B is what Steve has been describing, although he's yet to tell us WHAT just yet.

• Upvote 1

On 18/08/2017 at 10:56 AM, Sajochi said:

No one confirm than umbra will be inferior or equal to EP .

First, Why Umbra should be inferior or equal? Because that would make some people salty about it? There is now way since Umbra will be accessible by everyone by a quest. If there are still mad about that, that would be just selfish behavior.

Secondly. Prime variante have better stats than homemade tenno warframe (normal) yes, but no one can really confirm than prime variante made by orokin was the "best". Remenber, prime variante was the first warframe made by orokin, there a possibility they could made upgrade version or prototype like Umbra (Wich there are probably better and more advanced in many term).

Edited by yual
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, yual said:

No one confirm than umbra will be inferior or equal to EP .

First, Why Umbra should be inferior or equal? Because that would make some people salty about it? There is now way since Umbra will be accessible by everyone by a quest. If there are still mad about that, that would be just selfish behavior.

Secondly. Prime variante have better stats than homemade tenno warframe (normal) yes, but no one can really confirm than prime variante made by orokin was the "best". Remenber, prime variante was the first warframe made by orokin, there a possibility they could made upgrade version or prototype like Umbra (Wich there are probably better and more advanced in many term).

I hope that at best Umbra warframes would be sidegrades to Prime warframes.