Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

16 hours ago, (PS4)slayerserenity said:

When Umbra Warframe coming ? 

1st is in sacrifice quest supposedly 

next ones is unknown 

-edit- 

release date is set to be this year , after plains drops 

my guess after sept -dec drop range like TWW and TSD as they were also main quests 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

16 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

They never said that, just after PoE.

the sacrifice is planned to be the next cinematic quest [following TWW ] , which we've received 1 every year for the last 2 years. [roughly in oct-dec range for pc]

POE  was stated in tenno live is an content to be more early in game play then said cinematic quests

[note the sacrifices trailer says 2016 at the end, meaning its at least been in dev since last year, amd as they did state at the beginning of this year that umbra and sentient content were in development its not hard to see that ] 

granted DE did not give any time frame specifically when it would drop, but thats not surprising with how TWW ... happened 

but we know the sacrfice is to be after POE, presumably so that we can use POE content within this upcoming quest

presumably the custom weapons and operator upgrades to come 

Spoiler

as an example of armored operators Image result for warframe operators armorImage result for warframe operators armor

given what we know as a time frame  and that they stated Poe is mid sept, and that we get a cinimatic quest this year

that gives them a good few months, to finish up sacrifice and deploy it 

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

note the sacrifices trailer says 2016 at the end,

No it doesn't, that was the PoE trailer. Do me a favor and watch them again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=683z4x6SLGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuKYFVoK73A

On 9/6/2017 at 9:36 AM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

release date is set to be this year

They never once said Sacrifice is planned for this year, please do not say this as if it is fact. All Steve said was "after Plains", nothing more.

Edited by LazerSkink

3 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

No it doesn't, that was the PoE trailer. Do me a favor and watch them again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=683z4x6SLGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuKYFVoK73A

They never once said Sacrifice is planned for this year, please do not say this as if it is fact. All Steve said was "after Plains", nothing more.

please re-watch  the end of the "SACRIFICE" trailer  , very clearly reads 2016 at the bottom is when it was madeulSd3hc.png

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

please re-watch  the end of the "SACRIFICE" trailer  , very clearly reads 2016 at the bottom 

Misunderstood that entire portion of your reply then. I assumed you meant 2017 and were saying it's been in dev since last year, and given that's the case, it will be released this year. My apologies, didn't know you were referring to the copyright info.

But my second point still stands. Saying the release date is "set to be this year" may lead to (yet again) more misinformation being spread, and I'd rather not have another case of "Playing Umbra rids your ability to use the Focus system", or "Umbra will have different abilities", etc etc.

12 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Misunderstood that entire portion of your reply then. I assumed you meant 2017 and were saying it's been in dev since last year, and given that's the case, it will be released this year. My apologies, didn't know you were referring to the copyright info.

But my second point still stands. Saying the release date is "set to be this year" may lead to (yet again) more misinformation being spread, and I'd rather not have another case of "Playing Umbra rids your ability to use the Focus system", or "Umbra will have different abilities", etc etc.

op does state to take things as conjecture, only Official news/info will be in news section. 

also sorry if i was unclear in my posting -maybe i need coffee.. -

i know we dont want misinformation spread, so let me clarify then

in terms of keeping to the pattern and what we know it would be odd if we dont get this cinematic [main quest part] this year on pc. 

if Plains is this month and the sacrifice has been in dev since 2016 then its probable for it to be deployed later this year after plains. probably incorporating the new tenno enhances to come in plains? 

as Devs stated for the last few years they wont talk about it till they are closer to deployment.  

as with TWW, the trailer was released at tennocon which should give us the same time frame of deployment hopefully 

On 9/7/2017 at 9:45 AM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

in terms of keeping to the pattern and what we know it would be odd if we dont get this cinematic [main quest part] this year on pc.

I wouldn't really call it odd, I think no one would be surprised quite honestly if it isn't this year. And usually cinequests are priority for the Console teams to have shipped out in the smallest amount of time possible post PC release, as seen with SD and WW. So if Sacrifice ends up being December, they'd probably rush like mad hell to get it out to Consoles before holiday break.

if Plains is this month and the sacrifice has been in dev since 2016 then its probable for it to be deployed later this year after plains

The thing is, I'm just not confident in that due to the fact it's the last quarter of the year and it's already September 7th. PoE will obviously be a large scale update, and it will be worked on after release like every other. However, I feel it's going to be more hefty to work on Plains than any previous update given the vast amount of systems being introduced. The amount of work Eidolon will require after release is what makes me believe Sacrifice will be on the backburner until 2018 (whenever they're temporarily satisfied with the state of the Plains).

as Devs stated for the last few years they wont talk about it till they are closer to deployment. 

Well they did say that, but I never really believed it. Right after, they said they didn't want to spoil anything. I assume they're treating it like the other two; no information will be given at all, it's better to just let the players go in. And that makes sense. If they truly want the Sacrifice to be a great experience, they're not going to say anything at all.

Edited by LazerSkink

56 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

I wouldn't really call it odd, I think no one would be surprised quite honestly if it isn't this year. And usually cinequests are priority for the Console teams to have shipped out in the smallest amount of time possible post PC release, as seen with SD and WW. So if Sacrifice ends up being December, they'd probably rush like mad hell to get it out to Consoles before holiday break.

The thing is, I'm just not confident in that due to the fact it's the last quarter of the year and it's already September 7th. PoE will obviously be a large scale update, and it will be worked on after release like every other. However, I feel it's going to be more hefty to work on Plains than any previous update given the vast amount of systems being introduced. The vast amount of work Eidolon will require after release is what makes me believe Sacrifice will be on the backburner until 2018 (whenever they're temporarily satisfied with the state of the Plains).

Well they did say that, but I never really believed it. Right after, they said they didn't want to spoil anything. I assume they're treating it like the other two; no information will be given at all, it's better to just let the players go in. And that makes sense. If they truly want the Sacrifice to be a great experience, they're not going to say anything at all.

hmm that is a logical argument

on consoles we didnt get the cinematic till the next year i think with  TSD  , but TWW did drop shortly after without to many "bugs"  if sacrifice is bigger then tww in cinematic then maybe not this year , but im also presuming the team has been on/off working on it after tww, i dont think poe started till may this year right? 

its true it will be a hefty update with LOTS of new mechanics/equipment/environments , given that the new content is something not yet done in warframe, and we could end up with more bugs then weve ever previously seen .. so maybe a month then to debug and that surface leaves maybe dec as a release point but thats sketchy 

yeah they dont want to spoil it or give to much hype , thats true, as we will learn new things specifically more on warframes, and their origins perhaps 

22 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Just going back to old dialogue since I love Hunhow's dialogue and his voice actor

"The sky will be as it was meant. The Shadow returns the Moon. The Reservoir swells with Tenno blood. The Old War finally ends"

Thought this was interesting. 

I agree with everything you said there. Out of the Warframe villains, Hunhow is by far my favorite. He doesn't have too much of a sense of humor, that's something I like in a villain, but he makes up for it in backstory and voice.

1 hour ago, VoltTheHero said:

Okay so Excalibur Umbra was supposed to be in the War Within last year, but DE took him out of it due to datamining. Does anyone know what role Excalibur Umbra was SUPPOSED to play in the War Within last year?

It wasn't so much he was playing a role, rather than being mentioned as a teaser of sorts. 

16 hours ago, VoltTheHero said:

Okay so Excalibur Umbra was supposed to be in the War Within last year, but DE took him out of it due to datamining. Does anyone know what role Excalibur Umbra was SUPPOSED to play in the War Within last year?

15 hours ago, Dunkaroodle said:

It wasn't so much he was playing a role, rather than being mentioned as a teaser of sorts. 

the discord has the info :/ if your curious on it.

basically he pops in for a sec then leaves. and we only know that through dialogue of others present 

but that was in V1 of the script which was leaked , we have in TWW v5 or 7... i forget ..but i think its 5 

sacrifice trailer as before mentioned says 2016 at the end , meaning that it was created last year sometime. but it dosnt seem to give away much , other then lots of Arthurian lore eater eggs 

We currently don't know how umbra will be rewarded. He could drop from the quest or he could drop on a new tile set, we have no idea or no information if were even able to buy him instead of farming him or doing the sacrifice, no idea *shrugs*

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

Just now, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Personally, I'm more interested in how DE decides to make players acquire umbra variants after Excalibur Umbra.

Excalibur won't be the only frame with an umbra variant, we know more are coming.

Trinity Umbra when?  Not soon enough.

Would be cool to see more umbra frames than Excal, but I believe DE has never stated that all frames would be able to transfer into an umbra warframe. They've only said Excal umbra will happen but would be cool to see Valkyr umbra etc. I'm likely guessing the quest will have to do with the cyst or helminth since we don't have that much information on it.

3 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Would be cool to see more umbra frames than Excal, but I believe DE has never stated that all frames would be able to transfer into an umbra warframe. They've only said Excal umbra will happen but would be cool to see Valkyr umbra etc. I'm likely guessing the quest will have to do with the cyst or helminth since we don't have that much information on it.

They did confirm other frames would be made Umbra, but they hadn't decided if all frames would or not.

8 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

4 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

They did confirm other frames would be made Umbra, but they hadn't decided if all frames would or not.

^

What this tenno said.

+1 for you, tenno.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Personally, I'm more interested in how DE decides to make players acquire umbra variants after Excalibur Umbra.

Excalibur won't be the only frame with an umbra variant, we know more are coming.

Trinity Umbra when?  Not soon enough.

I didn't think they were serious about releasing more Umbra frames... But Ash Umbra sounds fun

• Like 1