Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

I doubt that the quest will give you the full Warframe, crafted with Reactor and slot included. They do that for weapons but they've never done it for Warframes.

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that it will be similar to Hidden Messages, where the quest is where you get the parts. I say this because if they do it like Octavia, Nidus, and Harrow, players who have not completed the quest yet will be able to get the parts, which would be strange for progression(A New Strange, if you will. I'll see myself out), especially based on what little we know about how Umbras work (sacrifice and all).

Though I doubt it, I wonder if Vay Hek will be involved, given his line in his assassination mission "...I made sacrifice. Are you ready for a sacrifice, Tenno?!?"

34 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Would be cool to see more umbra frames than Excal, but I believe DE has never stated that all frames would be able to transfer into an umbra warframe. They've only said Excal umbra will happen but would be cool to see Valkyr umbra etc. I'm likely guessing the quest will have to do with the cyst or helminth since we don't have that much information on it.

I hope the original 8 Warframes the game started with will get Umbra treatment.

That is: Excalibur, Mag, Volt, Loki, Ash, Ember (formerly Blaze), Rhino, Trinity

I'm hoping umbra will be the prime like variants of quest obtained Warframes. Instead of simply priming quest Warframes and allowing players to circumvent the quest system, those frames will have umbra versions.

Excalibur is getting umbra because his prime variant is unavailable for the majority so it makes sense. That's my hope anyway, having a third variant for currently primed frames feels like a waste of effort.

Can we just label this under another 'Wait and See' answer? This is one topic that truly doesn't matter in the scheme of things, and will be made abundantly clear when the quest is released.

We know Plains of Eidolon is coming out first, and that's plenty to be getting on with and speculating about. We've waited for Umbra for years now, a little more waiting won't kill any of you. (Outside sources, however, such as accidents, illnesses, injury or just old-age are all still equally valid options for death, so please be safe out there.)

Just saw this recently, maybe it might get MERGE here (about Umbra).

On 9/10/2017 at 5:19 PM, VoltTheHero said:

Okay so Excalibur Umbra was supposed to be in the War Within last year, but DE took him out of it due to datamining. Does anyone know what role Excalibur Umbra was SUPPOSED to play in the War Within last year?

Could be asked if you want official answer from DE after release of "The Sacrifice" Quest. 

On 9/11/2017 at 10:21 AM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

other then lots of Arthurian lore eater eggs 

Legendary Sword (Excalibur).

:laugh: Possibly Excalibur Umbra laid the Easter Egg Kurias all over the System? :laugh: 

In no rush for Excalibur Umbra. 

Better let DE finish, o.o in the mean time, Plains, more Primes, and New Weapons (Contents) would help pass "The Waits".

On September 7, 2017 at 8:05 PM, CaptainStrawberry said:

Just going back to old dialogue since I love Hunhow's dialogue and his voice actor

"The sky will be as it was meant. The Shadow returns the Moon. The Reservoir swells with Tenno blood. The Old War finally ends"

Thought this was interesting. 

In a tragic twist, we learn that the Tenno aren't really children at all, but the parents of the young Tenno, become Yuvans in the bodies of their own children...children who sacrificed themselves willingly to rescue their mothers and fathers from the Void's madness...existing now only as memories and echoes of their power and personality through...Warframes.

Lotus reveals this truth to galvanize the Tenno into bringing down the Empire and then sets them to dreaming, burying this heartbreaking secret.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

3 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

In a tragic twist, we learn that the Tenno aren't really children at all, but the parents of the young Tenno, become Yuvans in the bodies of their own children...children who sacrificed themselves willingly to rescue their mothers and fathers from the Void's madness...existing now only as memories and echoes of their power and personality through...Warframes.

Lotus reveals this truth to galvanize the Tenno into bringing down the Empire and then sets them to dreaming, burying this heartbreaking secret.

that got dark 

19 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

that got dark 

Yes, it did.  But I believe Warframe needs a bit of gravitas and tragic emotion to further advance the story.

Something still doesn't quite gel about what happened on the Zariman, but it was sinister.

If I found out that my daughter sacrificed her soul to save me and I woke up to the revelation that I had failed her as a parent by going mad and trying to kill her...only to realize that it was her body I was inhabiting as an act of love...my rage would know no bounds and I would do anything to change that choice and destroy the Orokin Empire.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Yes, it did.  But I believe Warframe needs a bit of gravitas and tragic emotion to further advance the story.

Something still doesn't quite gel about what happened on the Zariman, but it was sinister.

If I found out that my daughter sacrificed her soul to save me and I woke up to the revelation that I had failed her as a parent by going mad and trying to kill her...only to realize that it was her body I was inhabiting as an act of love...my rage would know no bounds and I would do anything to change that choice and destroy the Orokin Empire.

warframes going to a dark story as is, i dont think we need to cross that line 

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

warframes going to a dark story as is, i dont think we need to cross that line 

We will see.  If turning children into eternal, genocidal mass murdering super soldiers is the standard, there isn't much of a line.

When an autistic child is cast out by his peers and Margulis and takes on the lone burden of protecting everyone who betrayed him from an other-dimensional demon knowing the end result is possession and best case is death...not much of a line.

We will see how dark it goes.  

Umbra, I think...the "sacrifice"...it needs tragedy or to invoke a powerful reaction and response...to give us that visceral "Second Dream" experience.

If it's just bits of minor sadness, or just reinforces that we know the Orokin are A-holes and here's another reason why...it will be a letdown from a lore/story building/World building standpoint.

I'm sure Excal Umbra will be fantastic as a frame.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

We will see.  If turning children into eternal, genocidal mass murdering super soldiers is the standard, there isn't much of a line.

When an autistic child is cast out by his peers and Margulis and takes on the lone burden of protecting everyone who betrayed him from an other-dimensional demon knowing the end result is possession and best case is death...not much of a line.

We will see how dark it goes.  

Umbra, I think...the "sacrifice"...it needs tragedy or to invoke a powerful reaction and response...to give us that visceral "Second Dream" experience.

If it's just bits of minor sadness, or just reinforces that we know the Orokin are A-holes and here's another reason why...it will be a letdown from a lore/story building/World building standpoint.

I'm sure Excal Umbra will be fantastic as a frame.

all the umbras should be interesting 

"How was the "umbra" series designed in the first place? what was the inspiration?"

"With Excalibur Prime on Founders lockdown in the Global build, we were tasked to create a version of Excalibur Prime for the China PC build...but it had to be different. Our Prime Warframes varied in Light and Dark colour schemes, so Mynki thought a dark version of Excalibur Prime would be cool. At the time, we were also working on PBR and newer cloth physics, and Umbra was an early test of that with extra shiny trim and a flowing syandana. The result was Excalibur Umbra. However...the concept for Umbra's design is not nearly as intriguing as our plans for it in the future. - Dave, Producer!"

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/70c1b9/weare_warframe_developers_ama/dn21h86/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

"How was the "umbra" series designed in the first place? what was the inspiration?"

"With Excalibur Prime on Founders lockdown in the Global build, we were tasked to create a version of Excalibur Prime for the China PC build...but it had to be different. Our Prime Warframes varied in Light and Dark colour schemes, so Mynki thought a dark version of Excalibur Prime would be cool. At the time, we were also working on PBR and newer cloth physics, and Umbra was an early test of that with extra shiny trim and a flowing syandana. The result was Excalibur Umbra. However...the concept for Umbra's design is not nearly as intriguing as our plans for it in the future. - Dave, Producer!"

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/70c1b9/weare_warframe_developers_ama/dn21h86/

so juicy 

Image result for anime eyes gif

Well i don t know if that kind of thing was said but at the end of war within this "thing" from the void a believe was here speaking to use then un the harrow quest on the next quest with umbra "he" will be there too a think maybe to take over the body of the operator and then only ur warframe will last for us or maybe like this other child we will loose it but at the end we sure loose something but why a "warrior operator" made if we loose it right after on the next quest ? this is what i ask myself maybe we discorver lotus is nothing than a poor proxy without/with missing memory like ordis who before becoming a cephalon was a warrior . 

in 

On 8/3/2017 at 6:00 AM, (Xbox One)ultimatetroll69 said:

Recently I was looking at images of the stalker, and I noticed a small, easy to miss, detail on his arms... There where line markings, that of Excalibur Umbra.

If you look at the pictures of Umbra you will notice two straight stripes going down his forearm. Its the same with Shadow Stalker, could this possibly mean Shadow stalker is an Umbra?

There will be two pictures below so you can see for yourself. Just look at the arms, They have the same markings. Plus their chest's look identical too. What do you think?

maxresdefault.jpgIMEvU6T.jpg

You said look at the arms. The arm spikes are different. Case closed

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

You said look at the arms. The arm spikes are different. Case closed

14 hours ago, Tarak said:

His mesh changed when the second dream came out. He previously used just normal excal, but with the launch of the second dream he started using umbra excal's base mesh.

ill just point this out , while its true current model does not have the arm blades now, it was originally drafted to have them , not to mention that it still has umbra excal body parts in his ingame design , these are in OP under discussion tab-> theories -> stalker &umbra also 

zAYEexc.jpg

Spoiler

7e931c8ef19267e8458106dbc3b2516e.pngjaSkKJA.jpgBrTmoyz.pngTujemYN.jpgqBopGEI.jpg2zob584.png