Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 hour ago, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

I check this megathread every couple of months, and each time people's expectations get more and more crazy.

Since has been 2.5 years claiming that they are working on bringing us Umbra, but with it being delayed by anything else, i'm honestly not surprised to see people's expectation get ridiculously high and expect "at least" more umbras to be released with exvalibur once the quest finally makes into our build. 

At this point i just want this wait to end and wouldn't mind if umbra was an event reward or hidden behind a paywall

1 hour ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Since has been 2.5 years claiming that they are working on bringing us Umbra, but with it being delayed by anything else, i'm honestly not surprised to see people's expectation get ridiculously high and expect "at least" more umbras to be released with exvalibur once the quest finally makes into our build. 

At this point i just want this wait to end and wouldn't mind if umbra was an event reward or hidden behind a paywall

I feel like the more it's delayed , the bigger the disapointment  and riots will be when everyone doesn't  get what they want. I mean everyone's going nuts about it but in the end if your lucky  will all get it 2018.  We don't even know if will get weapons for him, what will need for him etc.  For all we know umbras can be Mr locked and noobs can't play them. Everyone just needs to wait and see. Just keep your expectations  low cause I can promise that's it's not gonna be as amazing as everyone things.

3 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

All frames will get primes over time. However from what I heard not all frames may get Umbras.

Edit: At this point we also don't know what the exact difference between a prime and umbra will be.

I know if they took out prime access packs DE would lose a lot of the money they gain from Warframe so they won't do that but still I am curious about how they will work Umbras and Primes into the game and if any Warframes who have primes will also get Umbras because that is a lot of work for the Devs and they have to make Umbras worthwhile.

Just now, (Xbox One)BigLithuanian said:

That is why Excalibur gets the first Umbra because his prime is a Dev only frame if I am correct.

Also in what pattern if any will they release Umbras(Primes are usually released Male, Male, Female, Female if I'm correct)

Excal prime is founder only. Not dev.

Just now, (Xbox One)BigLithuanian said:

That is why Excalibur gets the first Umbra because his prime is a Dev only frame if I am correct.

Also in what pattern if any will they release Umbras(Primes are usually released Male, Male, Female, Female if I'm correct)

They haven't released any sort of schedule. We don't even know which frames are eligible.

Also Excalibur also gets it first because he is the poster boy.

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BigLithuanian said:

That is why Excalibur gets the first Umbra because his prime is a Dev only frame

Excal P is Founders-only. DEvs I believe don't even have access to that unless they use their DEv powers.

Excal gets his first because his is the first one thats visually ready, as for function, though... That may be what's causing them the extra few months of DElay.

Personally I believe we turn in our ordinary Excalibur for the Umbra version either at the middle or end of the Quest, but that's just my theory.

Upd8 1: Theory about Umbra functionality.

Spoiler

As for what makes Umbras different, I'd personally guess that they either act on their own when you're out of them, or you can't get out of them unless you swap frames (meaning 'Tenno Mode' only swaps the powers for Tenno abilities).

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Upd8 with a bit of theory.

Just now, Koldraxon-732 said:

Personally I believe we turn in our ordinary Excalibur for the Umbra version either at the middle or end of the Quest, but that's just my theory.

Nah, thats a terrible plan really. That would force everyone wanting to do the quest to actually build/buy him. That's a lot of needless time spent for those who don't have him.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

They've been talking about bringing Excalibur Umbra to global Warframe since... early 2016 or so?  Is there any particular news that I missed that makes you think it's coming soon?

yup. Unless you've been living under a rock for the past two months, this happened at tennocon. So soonTM. It's confirmed to be the next "big thing" aka cinematic quest.

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BigLithuanian said:

My main is Chroma and I am excited for Chroma Prime(if and how they release him and how we will get him) but Chroma Umbra would also be nice. Though they might rework him.

Chroma Prime is also at least a year away.  Zephyr, Mirage, and Limbo are for sure ahead of him, which puts him End of 2018 or Early 2019.  Chroma Umbra will be several years away, if he happens.  

*Edit* I did miss stuff...  I only REALLY restarted following the Warframe news in October...

Edited by (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

Chroma Prime is also at least a year away.  Zephyr, Mirage, and Limbo are for sure ahead of him, which puts him End of 2018 or Early 2019.  Chroma Umbra will be several years away, if he happens.  

*Edit* I did miss stuff...  I only REALLY restarted following the Warframe news in October...

I know.  I wish it wasn't true but it is

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian
Punctuation