Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

42 minutes ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

Chroma Prime is also at least a year away.  Zephyr, Mirage, and Limbo are for sure ahead of him, which puts him End of 2018 or Early 2019.  Chroma Umbra will be several years away, if he happens.  

*Edit* I did miss stuff...  I only REALLY restarted following the Warframe news in October...

ALTHOUGH, this may or may not change with popularity. DE has skipped the order before, I'm putting my bets on a Mesa prime.

5 hours ago, puppycorpse said:

I feel like the more it's delayed , the bigger the disapointment  and riots will be when everyone doesn't  get what they want. I mean everyone's going nuts about it but in the end if your lucky  will all get it 2018.  We don't even know if will get weapons for him, what will need for him etc.  For all we know umbras can be Mr locked and noobs can't play them. Everyone just needs to wait and see. Just keep your expectations  low cause I can promise that's it's not gonna be as amazing as everyone things.

from my understanding the sacrifice is the next main quest line meaning everything up to [chains of harrow] must be completed to partake in that quest 

so its mr 5+ that can in effect earn their umbra excal 

if that makes sense 

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)BigLithuanian said:

My main question is will they give all frames who don't have Primes Umbra frames or will the frames who aren't getting Prime variants be getting Umbras? 

it was confirmed a while back that 

EVERY frame will get a prime variant 

but they stated earlier into this umbra talk that the umbra series would be limited, not all frames would get an umbra  

though they have NOT since then stated this is the case, and we know steve wanted them to become their own thing like primes 

there isnt really any factors or perquisites that we know for how umbras come to be 

so far we know shadow stalker uses the same body [ minus head and arm blades ] 

we know that umbra excal helm is derived from the excalibur alt helm [avalon] <-some mythology links ive been talking on the discord 

so possibly other umbras will use alt helmets as their basis 

some mythology stuff i was chatting in discord  

reflecting on excalibur mythology , in old lore it was said to do a few things
when draw it would blind people close by -radial blind
when it struck it could cut steel as if it were wood - exalted blade can slash through most things
these are directly take from the frames mythology counterpart and implemented into the game 
the mythological LORE on the sword Excalibur is not actually a straight answer as most of it is actually stories/poems/notes written about that time , one thing that was kinda not well known is two swords were wielded by king Arthur and often they were both called Excalibur by those who wrote about them.  

the one most normal people call Excalibur is often called many names in old stories  is caliburn  , calasfwch  ect
derived as "hard light" in welsh IIRC 
this sword was supposedly found/forged ?  on the isle of Avalon, and is the one most refer to as Excalibur

the second sword is clarent , the sword in the stone , this was supposedly a twin to Excalibur but was called the "sword of peace" , it was seen mostly during ceremonies, knighting or as a show of power 

Mordred -is a blood relative of Arthur
though some think it his son,[by morgan le fae] but most historian believe it to be his cousin.

mordred supposedly steals clarent and uses it to mortally wound Arthur , 

some text stated clarent was a "fragile blade" decorative, while others called it Excaliburs equal 
i havent found anything on the fact of it being fragile as mordred used it in the combat battles to kill plenty of knights -the very ones it knighted with Arthur- and then battle against arthur and caliburn and mortally wound arthur, makes me think its not a "fragile blade" 

many poems confuse clarent and caliburn in ceremonies
poems about knighting or using a sword to make a show of force
arthur supposedly once drew a "sword" to end a conflict as it drew it radiated light that blinded and forced people to stop arguing till he resheathed it

this is were it gets interesting
supposedly clarent is the sword in the stone not excalibur, this means excalibur dosnt discern the "one true king"
clarnet is the one who supposedly was inscribed with that meaning , caliburn was inscribed with welsh and it stated

"take me up "  and "cast me away "  one on each side of the blade 

So in this case of warframe lore 

the calent "sword of peace" used to slay the king was the Excalibur prime , the sword that slayed the orokin, turned on them by a traitor [natah/lotus] 
That being the case, then  caliburn is umbra or the sword that was loyal to the king that was returned to the lady in the lake

This links with the sacrifice intial trailer with the lake scene and stating all miracles require sacrifice
And now the sword has returned , aka umbra 

this scenerio seems to be supported as well as the very derivation of umbra excaliburs helm is made from the [Avalon] helm 

giving a link that Excalibur Umbra is the intended as caliburn , and excalibur prime is calent 

[just a some mythology and lore connections] 

gcfa2Yl.png?width=501&height=282maxresdefault.png?width=960&height=540

• Like 1

10 hours ago, -Kyle- said:

I'm not surprised with this delay, at least I expected something about the quest in the Dev100.
Sadly they don't talk about it, even Umbra, I would like to know why.

They want Umbra to be special so they avoid spoilers.

6 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Ballas says "their life" which is referring to a group of people. He could be talking about the miracle where Tenno massacred the Orokin, in other words, he is saying, did you think you would be let off easily? 

its tricky to figure out the meaning 

with the realization of kuvas potential to restore orokin, [even worm queen can come back still] it makes me consider that the orokin could return some day but someone would need to know how to restore their continuity and provide bodies 

if this is the case  then maybe umbra is going to gather said bodies/kuva to restore its masters

just a theory  

On 11/13/2017 at 7:06 AM, ArcaninePrime said:

Recently forma'd my Excalibur... really hoping Umbra isn't a direct upgrade or powercreeped too much.

Same. I hope Umbras aren't stronger than Primes, either, since that would make Primes redundant and the Founders salty. If they do end up having greater damage output then I think that power boost should come at the "sacrifice" of another stat or two.

On 11/10/2017 at 1:16 PM, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

They've been talking about bringing Excalibur Umbra to global Warframe since... early 2016 or so?  Is there any particular news that I missed that makes you think it's coming soon?

*Edit* I missed stuff...

They've been talking about doing that since 2015.

3 hours ago, Kiryu486 said:

Same. I hope Umbras aren't stronger than Primes, either, since that would make Primes redundant and the Founders salty. If they do end up having greater damage output then I think that power boost should come at the "sacrifice" of another stat or two.

to our understanding the umbras are a side-grade to primes, equivalent but not the same 

4 hours ago, Kiryu486 said:

I would personally love it if excal umbra was way more durable and mobile than normal and prime, bit this at the expense of reduced power stats (strenghtbor efficiency maybe) and a passive different to the void one. I would love it even more if umbra frames could be taylored to player style in a similar way to how focus and arcanes allow us to customize our operators.

8 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

They've been talking about doing that since 2015.

"Talking", few words about it.

On 13/11/2017 at 9:50 AM, Corial said:

They want Umbra to be special so they avoid spoilers.

I don't think so, I think DE is sick of it, and, PoE was a massive update that took a several months.

Umbra was never priority, and it will not be, let's wait The Sacrifice, unfortunately next year.

6 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

So chaps, I’m not sure if this has been brought up, but what if Excalibur Edgelord requires baseline Excalibur blueprints to build?

I mention this possibility because these days, Excal is way more of a pain in the arse to acquire, due to how the Ambulas boss fight is accessed.

you brought that up a while back also 

We wath for umbra 2 years maybe more. For that time they can create new game. So it better be long and amazing quest and just 5 missions and you completed the quest. So De need to rewarding A's with some good information and videos on 101 devstream..

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Clearly I had forgotten!

[i have an odd memory for things] 

iirc we talked that its a possibility , and that if thats indeed the case it wouldn't provide a instant access to the frame by reward drop and provide further ..grind

on the other hand with the sacrifice locked in campaign path  its already situated behind a grind wall 

natah>The second dream>The War Within>chains of harrow>The Sacrifice 

each previous quest before sacrifice had mr restrictions and perquisite completed before hand, and also required junctions unlocked to get the quest 

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

[i have an odd memory for things] 

iirc we talked that its a possibility , and that if thats indeed the case it wouldn't provide a instant access to the frame by reward drop and provide further ..grind

on the other hand with the sacrifice locked in campaign path  its already situated behind a grind wall 

natah>The second dream>The War Within>chains of harrow>The Sacrifice 

each previous quest before sacrifice had mr restrictions and perquisite completed before hand, and also required junctions unlocked to get the quest 

Even The Sacrifice will no talk about the operators, would be able to launch in the Quills? 

6 hours ago, -Kyle- said:

Even The Sacrifice will no talk about the operators, would be able to launch in the Quills? 

i dont understand the wording, but ill try to i think explain.

per each of the main quests the operator is used in some variation , even in harrow the "operator" mode is used so id assume then in sacrifice operator will also make an appearance in quest 

im unsure if quills will have a connection or such 

On November 15, 2017 at 5:34 AM, BornWithTeeth said:

So chaps, I’m not sure if this has been brought up, but what if Excalibur Edgelord requires baseline Excalibur blueprints to build?

I mention this possibility because these days, Excal is way more of a pain in the arse to acquire, due to how the Ambulas boss fight is accessed.

Come on now, you've been around these parts long enough to know this has been brought up repeatedly since day 1 this mess began. Come on now.

15 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

The Operator's transference powers grow so strong, they can materialize their Warframe's sentience as an astral projections and thus we have the focus on the Warframes on the sacrifice. - speculation

the thought of being able to turn warframes into spectar ai when we jump into our operator mode would be nice, adding in the new warrior /focus 2.0 factor its an interesting combat scenario , but as a added mechanic it wouldnt be a new one, just reuse of something like equinox duality, which is ..not great ai as it is