Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

11 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Come on now, you've been around these parts long enough to know this has been brought up repeatedly since day 1 this mess began. Come on now.

If I’ve brought it up before and then forgotten having done so, then clearly on some level I must be concerned about the prospect of it working that way!

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

the thought of being able to turn warframes into spectar ai when we jump into our operator mode would be nice, adding in the new warrior /focus 2.0 factor its an interesting combat scenario , but as a added mechanic it wouldnt be a new one, just reuse of something like equinox duality, which is ..not great ai as it is 

I would like to bring up one piece of the new Focus System that could possibly reinforce this theory. NOTE: I am aware of what this already does.

Being a faithful Unairu student, (I actually use their principles in real life!) I have alot of the Focus Nodes in mind. One of them is towards the bottom of the tree I believe, and it boost Operator and Warframe health by 10% as the base. It can be upgraded. BUT!

If the Umbras will act of their own accord, this Focus ability would be pretty useful in some cases. Boosting the armor of Warframes like Nyx or Volt would be pretty useful with that base of 15 health. Or for something like Valkyr, it would only make her more durable. 

I am really hoping that the Warframes will act of their own accord when we are using Operator. It would kinda cool to have them roam the ship too. Maybe DE could install a chess program of sorts that we could use to play our Warframes. Different Warframes would have different levels of skill.

On 17-11-2017 at 1:28 AM, CaptainStrawberry said:

The Operator's transference powers grow so strong, they can materialize their Warframe's sentience as an astral projections and thus we have the focus on the Warframes on the sacrifice. - speculation

This made me think the sacrifice could be giving up physical the body to become more powerful making the operator a shadow projection (ghost like)and a shadow could be related to Umbra as its latin for shadow (if iam not mistaking).

Edited by Zarrostarr

55 minutes ago, Zarrostarr said:

This made me think the sacrifice could be giving up physical the body to become more powerful making the operator a shadow projection (ghost like)and a shadow could be related to Umbra as its latin for shadow (if iam not mistaking).

Doubt DE is going to do anything related to giving up the operators for umbra, they have too much story potential, plus with the systems that have been made for them and all the cosmetics they wouldn't want to waste those efforts. 

3 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Doubt DE is going to do anything related to giving up the operators for umbra, they have too much story potential, plus with the systems that have been made for them and all the cosmetics they wouldn't want to waste those efforts. 

Quite so. And regardless of how much I want the frame, I would never give up access to an entire system and more customization for a single reskin.

So I want to point out again that the names of quests this far have been about things that have already happened in the past and every time we've heard Ballas speak it's been in the context of the past. That said I strongly believe that there sacrifice the quest refers to has already been made by others for our sake.

On 11/24/2017 at 3:17 PM, LazerSkink said:

Quite so. And regardless of how much I want the frame, I would never give up access to an entire system and more customization for a single reskin.

^ agreed, it would put to much limitations on a user that choose such a path , which hurts the player experience but also limit players ability to benefit from certain aspects of the market and focus and ect

On 11/25/2017 at 2:58 AM, Tarak said:

An addendum to that ^

I believe that 'The Sacrifice' is referring to the sacrifice made by the individuals that became the original warframes, of which I think all other warframes are cloned/re-grown copies.

i think its dax soldiers that were injured offered a second chance to battle for the orokin, or maybe it was only done for certain individuals as we know ordis was to be made an exception in some regards as ordan before he tried or murdered some orokin then got locked up as a cephalon 

6 hours ago, Yual said:

---

That entire channel is mostly Excal Umbra related videos from the Chinese build. Informative, thanks for the link, but it's not anything anyone hasn't seen before.

It's going to be a pleasant day when we no longer have to refer to images and videos.

Edited by LazerSkink

I get the feeling that once the launcher finishes updating to “The Sacrifice” and you get straight to your Liset after logging in, I can hear that inbox transmission from the Lotus- “Tenno, I’m picking up some strange disturbance from the tower in Cetus. Go investigate.” And you reach the top of the tower and meet a disheveled Ballas, torn apart by millenia of kuva consumption, sitting in an unkempt golden throne, with Excalibur Umbra at his side, ready for command. 

I firmly believe that not only will The Sacrifice bring us our beloved Excalibur Umbra, but it will also be the reveal of Ballas, creator of the warframes. He has locked himself away in the tower forever, and brought with him a batch of warframes to protect him- warframes that can think without an operator...

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY
  • Like 1

I'm thinking that Ballas and the Unum tower will play a large role in the Umbra quest.

Ballas because, well, they did recently unveil concept art for him at TennoCon which at least entertains the possibility that he is still alive.

.latest?cb=20170713231925

And I think that Umbra will take place within the tower simply because the plains is DE's newest beauty and it'd be a wasted opportunity not to make more content take place there.

13 minutes ago, Valor said:

I'm thinking that Ballas and the Unum tower will play a large role in the Umbra quest.

Ballas because, well, they did recently unveil concept art for him at TennoCon which at least entertains the possibility that he is still alive.

And I think that Umbra will take place within the tower simply because the plains is DE's newest beauty and it'd be a wasted opportunity not to make more content take place there.

This picture of Ballas looks like a reflection of Umbra..down to the flowing scarf, gold accents and weapon on his hip.  Maybe it's his personal guard and you have to beat him down using some evolved tactic that only Ballas understands in order to be worthy of his blueprint.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)I420t said:

This picture of Ballas looks like a reflection of Umbra..down to the flowing scarf, gold accents and weapon on his hip.  Maybe it's his personal guard and you have to beat him down using some evolved tactic that only Ballas understands in order to be worthy of his blueprint.

that is a new variation, origionaly we discussed it could be a royal guard variation of stalker so , makes as much sense as anything 

51 minutes ago, Valor said:

its possible , some think cetus /unum/tower/ectwill play a role, some think it wont , wont know till it drops 

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

That also brings to question, “Why the Cetus Tower and not the Moon?” I think the Umbra quest will have to do with both.

well the unum resides there maybe there is a plot  

6 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

maybe the tower can get light from the moon for transference? 

possible, we know from the login rewards sigils there was some eclipse event  , that involves moon, transferemce, void gates ect 

9 hours ago, Jim22 said:

Why you no come this year. 

POE <--? 

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

I get the feeling that once the launcher finishes updating to “The Sacrifice” and you get straight to your Liset after logging in, I can hear that inbox transmission from the Lotus- “Tenno, I’m picking up some strange disturbance from the tower in Cetus. Go investigate.” And you reach the top of the tower and meet a disheveled Ballas, torn apart by millenia of kuva consumption, sitting in an unkempt golden throne, with Excalibur Umbra at his side, ready for command. 

I firmly believe that not only will The Sacrifice bring us our beloved Excalibur Umbra, but it will also be the reveal of Ballas, creator of the warframes. He has locked himself away in the tower forever, and brought with him a batch of warframes to protect him- warframes that can think without an operator...

possible , i have a feeling  is something we wont expect