Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you guys know how many people you made mad

S.Dust

Welp, I've signed up for my free Twitch Prime trial. I don't know what's better about this: the fact that I'll finally be getting a Prime I've been struggling to get (seriously, my RNG for Frost Prime is some of the worst I've experienced), or the tears of those who are offended by this 'cause "mah muneez!"

Complaining about how much money you spent on something holds no water in this game (Hell, this world even) since prices are always fluctuating, and the only people who truly have any right to be upset are those who can't get Twitch Prime in their countries. Now, if this were about Excalibur Prime, then I'd understand being upset, but since it isn't, just get over it and realize you're not the special snowflake you think you are for getting Frost Prime when he first came out.

41 minutes ago, Raptos22 said:

ONCE AGAIN YOU CAN GET A FREE TRIAL ACCOUNT, I don't understand why that is so hard to get. 

Some of us who already had the free trial canno get the free trial again. Which means it is not free for all and even if you do it just for this....if another item pops up later and you want to get it, it will not be free for you then. 

It is not about free or cost. It is about the game expanding itself that Amazon Prime is partnering with them on something to spread the word. Giving people that have not played WARFRAME a Prime to start is a bravo move as it opens them to see what is possible in this universe. They get a Warframe slot, a Warframe, a Syandana for FashionFrame, and the best community to learn the game with. Stop looking at it as "Billy is getting what i got!!" child mentality and see it as a stepping stone for new players. Will some take advantage of getting it for free when they already have 10 armor sets sitting in their Inventory? Maybe....but do not fret over that as they canno sell the set for plat. Instead allow those who will come into the game a stepping in the right direction of seeing the grandness of WARFRAME.

Just now, S.Dust said:

no more drop tables from data mines ik but i understand why they dont want them anymore people litterally hacked umbra into the game so they just dont want people ruining surprises but if they give the drop tables on their own then evreything should be fine.

IDK about your point of Umbra because it was leaked via videos from the chinesse players. IDK how datamine works there ... 

people are mad? again? they never force you to buy the access its YOUR decision you had the choice to simply farm him. if anything buying an access is just how players keep the game alive. i think i still have 2-3 set of frost prime that i saved and im not mad at DE. why would i ? no one told me to save and sell them later it was MY decision. but yeah its always DE fault no matter what right? jesus 

I've had frost prime for years... It's been forever since I even cared about exclusivity to him since how easy he was to farm after release in the void. Sure people may have paid plat for him.. but they arent giving away his prime exclusive accessories...

Frost Prime is available for free to anyone and everyone already. Either double check your relics for his parts, wait till the holidays (come on, hes the ultimate holiday frame!) when he will be unvaulted again, thats totally a thing. OR.....crack open your relics, farm the parts for plat and while you are in trade chat.....buy him.

Realistically all you are missing out on by not getting into Amazon or Twitch Prime is a Syndana. Its a pure cosmetic item in no way influencing the gameplay in any way shape or form. 

As for the trade folks that stockpiled a ton of him, you have a stockpile. Trade with it. Use it to sweeten deals, uses some sales skills. If you are really a trader, this is no big deal, its slightly less valuable than it was before. I know this because I stockpiled 3 sets, which I only recently finished moving, 6 months after I farmed him. Most I made was 250p on a set. I invested nothing but time, and got myself something like 12 weapons and warframe sets I was aiming to complete. Be reasonable, temper your expectations and wait for the right time to sell. I could have made a lot more plat, but I didnt charge anyone crazy prices. Maybe that makes me a S#&$ty trader, but I dont really care. I have a network of folks I can trade with because I didnt smoke anyone. Im way more comfortable like this. 

On 6/23/2017 at 6:28 PM, Fukushu said:

Welp, I've signed up for my free Twitch Prime trial. I don't know what's better about this: the fact that I'll finally be getting a Prime I've been struggling to get (seriously, my RNG for Frost Prime is some of the worst I've experienced), or the tears of those who are offended by this 'cause "mah muneez!"

Complaining about how much money you spent on something holds no water in this game (Hell, this world even) since prices are always fluctuating, and the only people who truly have any right to be upset are those who can't get Twitch Prime in their countries. Now, if this were about Excalibur Prime, then I'd understand being upset, but since it isn't, just get over it and realize you're not the special snowflake you think you are for getting Frost Prime when he first came out.

The people who would get mad over this sorta remind me of a Friend's Uncle. He got REALLY mad when my friend got a job for minimum wage because he was getting $7.25, where as when the Uncle was his age, working the exact same store, he was only making around $5.15 (minimum wage at that time, can't remember the exact number).

Our family laughed at him, of course, for getting so fumed up over his Nephew making more than he did, and the same reasons carry over here. The world changed. Money value changed. Products changed. People changed.

Some people though just can't accept these facts, it seems...

(Insert "When I was your age we had to Farm the Void for 4 hours, everyday, just to get a chance at that loot!" joke here, or something)

51 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

(Insert "When I was your age we had to Farm the Void for 4 hours, everyday, just to get a chance at that loot!" joke here, or something)

The sad part is that it's true to a small extent.

20 minutes for a single roll at a 5% chance item. Don't get it? 20 more minutes!

This irks me a couple ways too.

Just traded a whole Nova set for a Frost bp 5 days ago

And Loki Prime is still insanely expensive and unobtainable. Instead of releasing him with this twitch prime, or even the unvaulting (which mag already had and loki is next in line after rhino), they make a recently unvaulted and vaulted frame accessible for free (free twitch prime trial), which seems redundant. It doesn't help that loki predates relics just barely, was vaulted (personally for me a week before i joined) a little before a boom of new players, and is considered the best frame by many people. Please bring him back like every other frame in sequence

I really don't see the issue here. It's the same thing as, say, a loot crate: I'm not sure if it's happened, but I AM sure that it is a possibility for warframe merch(from the official merch store) to end up in a loot crate. While you didn't pay for the merch, you DID pay for the lootcrate, which gave you items in a collaboration with warframe. Similarly, you are paying for twitch prime ($10.99/month), and this month, you happen to get a portion of a warframe prime access, among other things. Frost Prime, plus a syandana. Frost prime has been made available at least twice in-game(read:free*), and the window of time in which you could last buy him ended like 6 months ago. If his unvaulting had JUST ended(like, yesterday), I could understand where a person who had just bought him would be rightfully angry. However, when purchasing prime access or prime unvaultings, you should be aware that the vast majority of what you're buying will be made available to you and everyone else playing the game for free, with just a little bit of effort required.

As I rarely pay attention to prime accesses, I can't say if the syandana you get is exclusive to twitch prime(as hinted at by the promo image on twitch prime's site), so someone help me out here, but even if it is, I should again point out that it's been available twice already.

On 6/24/2017 at 2:16 AM, S.Dust said:

you made frost prime free and just shut down everyone who PAID for the prime access when they were temporarily un-vaulted. How do you feel DE like really you could have made it anything, if you were gonna give a way a prime you could have made it a prime that wasn't vaulted something that wasn't worth 500 plat; or in your minds $30 when my clan bought the prime access sorry DE you guys are great but when you mess up you REALLY mess up.

i dont understand your logic, as frost prime was never promised to be exclusive. Even when now DE manage to make it some sort of "soft-exclusive" again, but frost prime is a really old asset and already lost a lot of it original values (the period when it's 35p a set is real). On top of that, his unvault period is already last year, unvault him again right now at the same price would be the insane decision.

My opinion is that in this game, you pay real money not for the gear itself, but for the exclusive aspect of it (and to not battle with RNG ofc). By "exclusive" i mean "you get it before anyone else" sense, because sooner or later, everyone else would have the gear without paying money. You paid for your exclusive access to frost prime back then, now it's just another chance for other ppl to get theirs (they still need to paid a 10$/month subscription for it anyway as i understand) as DE target at new player that not around for any period that frost p is available to purchase with this anyway.

In my opinion Frost Prime is probably the best one to give away free since he didn't have a full priced Prime Access on his own. If they released Ember Prime, both the people who bought Ember Prime Access and Fire and Ice Prime Access would be upset. Can you imagine how upset the people who bought Mag Prime Access and Rhino Prime Access are going to be when Brute Force Prime Access is cheaper than a single one of their original Prime Access bundles?

It is pointless to get upset over stuff like this, because it happens outside of the game as well. You are paying to get things now. If you buy a new television for 1200 dollars. Do  you think the store really cares about your feelings when a month later they put it on sale for 600 dollars?

Edited by Skyeborne