Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro lessons / short clips (Fundamentals/Basics)

Funki0

Question

FIRST OF ALL: GET INTO THE PRACTICE MODE BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY TRY ANYTHING OF THIS!

Remember that you can rebind your buttons if it helps you improving or executing any of these actions.

Good day everyone. Since there are a lot of people that are complaining heavily about Lunaro either being too difficult or them just not understanding it, I want to help you.
I know there are a lot of people that say "Lunaro is just bad", but that is not true and a lot of people think that because of misconceptions and the thoughts of the Annihilation game mode.

This is supposed to help new player or even older players to improve in Lunaro.
As of now, this will contain the simplest moves of them all. Basically just the basics.

If there is a higher demand, I shall get more information for you while getting you more instructions on how to perform more advanced "tricks".
I will of course provide you with a "list of inputs" for every single move you do.

So we will start with the fundamentals.

• Remember to always hold W(default) while performing any of these actions when it starts with it. (exceptions are actions with another directional key like S(default))
  • If you are supposed to tap RMB, this means you are supposed to tap it at the height you wish for. It is there just to adjust your height or to potentially attract the ball for a split second to pick it up properly. Do not hold it for too long or you will slow down, which will most likely prevent you from smoothly executing chains (explained after the basics).

Proper ball pick up 1:

Spoiler

-Proper ball pick up 1
 (default) W+Ctrl+space>RMB(until pick up)>space+S

Proper ball pick up 2:

Spoiler

-Proper ball pick up 2
 (default) W+Ctrl+space>RMB(until pick up)>space

Proper throw:

Spoiler

-Proper throw
(default) space>LMB(long)

Proper throw 2pt:

Spoiler

-Proper throw 2pt
(Proper throw with aim from a longer distance)

Proper short range movement:

Spoiler

-Proper short range movement
 (default) W+Ctrl+space>RMB(tap)

Proper long range movement:

Spoiler

-Proper long range movement
 (default) W+Ctrl+space>space>RMB(tap)>shift(tap)

Now we move on to the basics. These will cover basic actions that you learn. You do need the fundamentals as base before you start this.
Note:
There might be commands in brackets from here on. These are "option". It depends on the situation or the angle you approach certain actions.

High velocity throw:

Spoiler

Basically just a normal throw while jumping at high velocity. Here you can see the "timing". It has a delay, so try to get used to it.

Unstable concept:

Spoiler

You basically walk up to it and just check it with E(default). You need to aim so you aim for the ball, not for yourself (note me aiming above the goal)

Unstable (Thrown):

Spoiler

(After pick up)
(default) Space>LMB>W+ctrl+Space>(Space)>(RMB)>E

Dribbling:

Spoiler

(After pick up)
(default) Space>W>LMB>ctrl+Space>Space>RMB(tap) (extra throw was just added as an example)

I hope this was helpful.
Good luck practicing and I hope I will see you on the field.

If there are any questions, don't hesitate to go for it.

Console "translation" for clarity:

• LMB = Throw
  • RMB = Aimglide/Attract
  • Space = Jump
  • W/A/S/D = Directions (Up/Left/Down/Right)
  • E = Check
  • Ctrl = Crouch/Slide
  • Shift(tap) = Roll

Advanced lessons

If you are confident enough and you think that you are at least safe or you did even master these lessons, you can proceed to my advanced lessons.
Remember everything you have learned in these lessons, because you will need it.

Spoiler

Those are my advanced lessons:

Good luck

Edited by Funki0
Added redirection to "Advanced lessons" and console translation (minor corrections)

1 hour ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Could you translate the key configs for PS4, please?

Definitely. Feedback is always nice.
The only problem is that I don't know the imputs and I would like to ask you what exactly you mean?

Is it just listing what the PC inputs do or doing a translation from key to button?
In that case, I would like you to send me a private message with all your default buttons and their function. I can then just list everything here if you want.

23 minutes ago, Funki0 said:

Definitely. Feedback is always nice.
The only problem is that I don't know the imputs and I would like to ask you what exactly you mean?

Is it just listing what the PC inputs do or doing a translation from key to button?
In that case, I would like you to send me a private message with all your default buttons and their function. I can then just list everything here if you want.

I think it would be easier to list what each input does. Then if you have a custom configuration, or you're on either console, then there's no confusion. :thumbup:

22 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

I think it would be easier to list what each input does. Then if you have a custom configuration, or you're on either console, then there's no confusion. :thumbup:

I have added the translation to my original post. Now everyone who comes here can immediately find it without the need of searching for it.
Good luck.

3 hours ago, Lakais said:

I'll be honest, that short range movement seemed cheesy-glitchy as all hell. 

For clarity. Short range movement is neither "cheesy", nor "glitchy".
Almost everything would be aswell. What it is is just a normal bullet jump and then an extremely short aim glide to keep your speed and height.

3 hours ago, Funki0 said:

For clarity. Short range movement is neither "cheesy", nor "glitchy".
Almost everything would be aswell. What it is is just a normal bullet jump and then an extremely short aim glide to keep your speed and height.

That's why I said "seems". Looks funky. Funny even. That's why I said glitchy. 

To be honest, I have great many opinions about certain mobility moves, but that's not for this thread.

2 hours ago, Lakais said:

That's why I said "seems". Looks funky. Funny even. That's why I said glitchy. 

To be honest, I have great many opinions about certain mobility moves, but that's not for this thread.

You can always tell me your opinion personally in a private message if you really want.
And I have just explained to you what it is. I know it looks a bit unusual, but that is just how it looks. The function is totally normal.