Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Fatigue vs Relic Fatigue

LuckyCharm

Hey everyone, 

While listening to the recent post-dev stream podcast I heard them mention void fatigue, saying that the relic system was better since it opens the part farming across the entire map. 

Personally I originally did like the idea of fissures, but after having run them a lot for different things, I've found myself hating them. I know its silly but finding myself running random missions is all good ...but I really do miss the whole "i feel like running a bunch of easy capture missions" and going to the relic screen and seeing the only lith missions are interceptions. Or excavations. or anything but the mission type I felt like playing at the time. What the old void system had over this new one was that you always had a selection of mission types to run, that didn't rely on RNG. 

I understand that this may make part farming too easy however, as some missions are much faster at getting rewards than others. And others require more time but yield more rewards with a proper party. What I'd like to suggest then is a set of Ducat only missions, maybe in the void to help that area repopulate, where you can choose various mission types but the rewards are items that sell for ducats without using relics. I mean technically you're still running missions, you're still working for the rewards. You just don't have that option of selling prime parts directly while still being able to actually afford baro's items without selling your hard earned prime parts from relics. 

One thing the relic system is better at is getting the primes, you can take a break from opening relics for a long, long time and only get them as a passive loot, from sindicates for example. And that break wont matter at all, you still can get Nova Prime from your relics, coz you have them.

Progress is tied to having relics, not primes. Opening them is just a matter of time if you have more than x number of them.

Edited by Xardis

The easiest way to fix relic fatigue is to actually make void traces do something. I'm tired of taking my time to make Radiant relics and then RNG gives me the worst possible piece I have no use for. For example, if you put in 100 traces, it completely locks out the first three basic rewards, with 25 and 50 raising the chances for basic and mid tier rewards.

58 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

but I really do miss the whole "i feel like running a bunch of easy capture missions" and going to the relic screen and seeing the only lith missions are interceptions. Or excavations. or anything but the mission type I felt like playing at the time. What the old void system had over this new one was that you always had a selection of mission types to run, that didn't rely on RNG.

Agreed. I think it would already help if there were more than just one fissure per era open at any given time. Let us have at least two fissures per era and make sure that there's at least one mission of each type (planet-specific mission types would share a slot). Sure, it would require some tweaking of the algorithm, but when I log in thinking "I could do a quick fissure or two" and all there is are endless missions for the next hour ... I'll rather log out and play something else.

4 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

The easiest way to fix relic fatigue is to actually make void traces do something. I'm tired of taking my time to make Radiant relics and then RNG gives me the worst possible piece I have no use for. For example, if you put in 100 traces, it completely locks out the first three basic rewards, with 25 and 50 raising the chances for basic and mid tier rewards.

Why not just make a button that hands you a prime part?

Relics were a short-sighted solution for a large problem that fixed the initial issue while creating more. However, it's a net positive for the players, as a whole, so it's a short-sightedness that I'm cautiously okay with.

I take issue with the relic grind being so front loaded, rather than back loaded like keys were, and I also take issue with the fact that all it really takes is some syndicate medallion farming and you're usually good to go on day 1 just like you were with keys, back in the day. I also take issue with the fact that traces really do live up to their name because I get barely a trace of them in my runs (often drawing 6 multiple times in a row). Eventually they're going to have to implement a better system for prime farming. As it stands, though, I quite enjoy the added spawns on a fissure mission and I also enjoy the way endless fissures work, with the increased rewards the longer you play, increasing further every 5 relic openings.

One thing that I can say is that Void Fatigue wasn't a choice, if you wanted prime parts. You had no choice but to go to the void. You had no choice but to try to farm the parts before they were vaulted. You had no choice but to do specific mission types if you wanted specific parts, often times being forced to spend at least 20 minutes in a survival in order to get a chance at a specific part you wanted.

Relic Fatigue is mostly a choice. You can passively farm relics by simply turning in syndicate reputation (and gaining relics from the multitude of random mission rewards) and you can choose when you want to open those relics. You can farm traces or you can forego them. You can wait for a mission type you'd prefer to come around or you can suck it up and play that defense node even though you really just want to quickly open one relic and would prefer a capture node.

On 6/24/2017 at 8:58 AM, LuckyCharm said:

I know its silly but finding myself running random missions is all good ...but I really do miss the whole "i feel like running a bunch of easy capture missions" and going to the relic screen and seeing the only lith missions are interceptions. Or excavations. or anything but the mission type I felt like playing at the time. What the old void system had over this new one was that you always had a selection of mission types to run, that didn't rely on RNG. 

We may have had a choice of what missions to run, but we didn't have a choice of which mission to run to make ends meet, and this is exactly what made the old system insufferable. Every new Prime release, there were always prime parts in T3/T4 Survival/Defense, and by the time Loki Prime came out, I just couldn't bear wasting 20-40 minutes every key on worthless swag. Rotation C was the butt of warframe jokes everywhere leading up to the relic system; the only reason people miss it is because they had the choice of bleeding one key for more worthless swag.

While I empathize with your frustration of being unable to play the mission you want at the given time, I will gladly wait it out for any non-endless mission to appear, because I will never go back to playing survival for prime parts.

On 6/24/2017 at 4:17 PM, Chipputer said:

One thing that I can say is that Void Fatigue wasn't a choice, if you wanted prime parts. You had no choice but to go to the void. You had no choice but to try to farm the parts before they were vaulted. You had no choice but to do specific mission types if you wanted specific parts, often times being forced to spend at least 20 minutes in a survival in order to get a chance at a specific part you wanted.

Relic Fatigue is mostly a choice. You can passively farm relics by simply turning in syndicate reputation (and gaining relics from the multitude of random mission rewards) and you can choose when you want to open those relics. You can farm traces or you can forego them. You can wait for a mission type you'd prefer to come around or you can suck it up and play that defense node even though you really just want to quickly open one relic and would prefer a capture node.