Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Corrupted Mods

(PSN)LoisGordils

I would love to see new Corrupted Mods. Here are some ideas:

Weighted Bones: +400% Armor -30% sprint speed

Shield Force: +200 base shields -50 base HP

Prolonged Vitality: +100 base HP -60% Shield Recharge

Rabid Blades: +70% Melee speed -80% crit chance (sorry Berserker lmao)

Thoughts?

Weighted bones is completely overpowered, some of these numbers could use tweak down, or have them be percentages. Also, prolonged vitality, *laughs in Inaros*. I think these are good ideas for mods, but could definitely use some numerical working out.

ignoring the ideas (i don't like them very much) yes, some more corrupted mod would be cool, but maybe with a decent drop rate. i know the wiki states that they have all the same drop rate, but why i find myself with tons of spoiled strikes, a good amount of blind rage, fleeting expertise a couple of the other mods and i barely found one transient fortitude?

I'm still trying to figure out why DE thought it was a bad thing for players to only play with the weapons that appealed to them....

I've Forma'd my Vaykor Hek three times so it would be even more badass ~ what was 'wrong' with using it a lot, that DE felt the need to address that situation? What's the point to Riven mods in the first place?

Or are they just sparklies to chase? :inlove:

16 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

I would love to see new Corrupted Mods. Here are some ideas:

Weighted Bones: +400% Armor -30% sprint speed Change this to +400 armor -30% sprint speed. This would give it reason to use on low armor frames and wouldnt become OP on high armor frames

Shield Force: +200 base shields -50 base HP Thats an interesting one

Prolonged Vitality: +100 base HP -60% Shield Recharge Change this to +1000 base hp -100% armor/-100% shield. Shield recharge is a weak stat and just 100hp is nothing unless these are the unmodded stats

Rabid Blades: +70% Melee speed -80% crit chance (sorry Berserker lmao) Not bad

Thoughts?

If you dont mind i post some corrupted mod ideas too (unless stated all weapon mods are for rifles):

1. Consuming power: -220% health +100% power strenght
  2. Dead touch (aura mod): Absorb 25% incoming fire from your teammates and increase damage resistance by 25% (this aura can kill you)
  3. Unblessed (aura mod): Decrease all power stats on you by 100%,, increase all weapon damage by 100%
  4. Mortar shot: Every 10th shot explodes dealing 25% weapon damage in 5m wide aoe. Cannot be used in launchers.
  5. Artemis (bow mod): Every shot has 10% chance to gain 1000% multishot
  6. Dwarf star infusion: +165% damage -100% firerate
  7. Focus slash (melee mod): Every attack has 10% chance to gain +5m range (stacks with reach)
  8. Power infusion: Each shot drains 5 energy but deals +50% damage
  9. One with the Void: Removes access to guns, increases all power stat by 100% and damage dealt with powers by 25%
  10. Iron wall (melee block mod): Grants 100% damage reduction to the player from frontal attacks, increases damage taken from back by 100%

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

If you dont mind i post some corrupted mod ideas too (unless stated all weapon mods are for rifles):

2. Dead touch (aura mod): Absorb 25% incoming fire from your teammates and increase damage resistance by 25% (this aura can kill you)
  3. Unblessed (aura mod): Decrease all power stats on you by 100%,, increase all weapon damage by 100%
  4. Mortar shot: Every 10th shot explodes dealing 25% weapon damage in 5m wide aoe. Cannot be used in launchers.
  7. Focus slash (melee mod): Every attack has 10% chance to gain +5m range (stacks with reach)
  9. One with the Void: Removes access to guns, increases all power stat by 100% and damage dealt with powers by 25%
  10. Iron wall (melee block mod): Grants 100% damage reduction to the player from frontal attacks, increases damage taken from back by 100%

-220% HP? What?

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

-220% HP? What?

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Dwarf star infusion: +165% damage -100% firerate

like, i have to put a fire rate mod to use the weapon... no corrupted mod have stats that go over -100%, i think that the max is -66%

While balancing corrupted mods is an incredibly dangerous tightrope (Fleeting Expertise is so good for a reason for certain frames), I'm all for more, interesting Corrupted Mods that make you take downsides that will actually hurt in return for benefits that can entirely alter playstyles.

Mods that have zero downsides for certain frames/weapons should err on the side of conservative stats though, to avoid becoming mandatory mods for said frame/weapon.

3 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

-220% HP? What?

2 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

like, i have to put a fire rate mod to use the weapon... no corrupted mod have stats that go over -100%, i think that the max is -66%

Well yes, that was my initial idea when i created those. To use additional mods to compensate for them, but now that you mention it they sound awfully like some riven mods so heres a rebalanced idea.

3 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Consuming power: -90% health +150% power strenght Added a bit more power strenght to make this one more desirable

2 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

Dwarf star infusion: +165% damage -90% firerate Rebalanced to sound like an actual corrupted mod and not some riven madness

3 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Heavy caliber is a really bad damage mod since its not multiplicative but my mod is multiplicative to make it actually worth using.

Lmao what? Heavy Caliber adds base damage. Like Serration. Not a single mod that adds base damage can be considered bad.

16 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

One with the void - wonderful

Side that with a more classical high fantasy rpg staff - be it casting energies out of the staff itself or an augmentation/change or tweak on warframe abilities. That would be rad

7 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Lmao what? Heavy Caliber adds base damage. Like Serration. Not a single mod that adds base damage can be considered bad.

Okayyyy....my previous explanation deleted itself. Thank you crap wifi.

In short Heavy caliber is an addittive mod what only adds damage to the base amount while serration is multiplicative meaning it calculates in all current damage.

The best way to test this is to get amprex or a similar weapon with low base damage (preferably only one damage type) put in serration, heavy caliber , a random elemental mod and start to switch them out with each other.

Hc will give you less damage combined with an elemental than serration combined with an elemental.

41 minutes ago, Phyrak said:

One with the void - wonderful

Side that with a more classical high fantasy rpg staff - be it casting energies out of the staff itself or an augmentation/change or tweak on warframe abilities. That would be rad

Ever since volt i wanted a frame what is truly capatable to become an alternative to gunplay. With this mod i could finally come closer to that dream.

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Okayyyy....my previous explanation deleted itself. Thank you crap wifi.

In short Heavy caliber is an addittive mod what only adds damage to the base amount while serration is multiplicative meaning it calculates in all current damage.

The best way to test this is to get amprex or a similar weapon with low base damage (preferably only one damage type) put in serration, heavy caliber , a random elemental mod and start to switch them out with each other.

Hc will give you less damage combined with an elemental than serration combined with an elemental.

Ever since volt i wanted a frame what is truly capatable to become an alternative to gunplay. With this mod i could finally come closer to that dream.

Yes please

Volt needs either an exalted weapon style augment or a 2.5 rework giving him such skills - perhaps a switching mechanic likened to vauban and Ivara to keep the current and give the exalted style some life?

Perhaps a frame similar to the Diablo 3 wizard would certainly be amazing - classical dnd caster/wow caster would bring up the ideal of customized spells and such things would be epic

3 hours ago, Phyrak said:

Yes please

Volt needs either an exalted weapon style augment or a 2.5 rework giving him such skills - perhaps a switching mechanic likened to vauban and Ivara to keep the current and give the exalted style some life?

Perhaps a frame similar to the Diablo 3 wizard would certainly be amazing - classical dnd caster/wow caster would bring up the ideal of customized spells and such things would be epic

His 4th skill is essentially useless with all the damage caps involved so they might as well remove it.

I would love the idea that casting 4 would give volt an electric "armor" giving him a tower shield in one of his hand while a throwable electric projectile in the other.

Perhaps small blue electric crystal like kunai's as base attack with it and when he casts 1 it would send out a lightning ball.

This is what i call alternative to gunplay.

Some teaser to what i think about:

Energy shield

fcelmmltphq9xxazztvo.jpg

Lightning base projectile: (obviously more blue)

eac31a3de5ae743e3d70b14e2557f197.jpg

New shock effect after casting 4.

Energy_Ball_by_Bunny177.jpg

Sidenot i think we are derailing this topic a bit.

So here some other corrupted mod effects:

1. Technomancer: Removes access to all powers increases all weapons crit and status chance by 25%(flat bonus) and add in extra 2% damage for every level the target has
  2. Lone wolf: Grants +10% to all power stats for each member in the team as long as they are atleast 25m away from the player
  3. Horde mentality (aura mod) :Grants +100 armor and +5% armor to each member of the team when they are atleast 8m close to the player
  4. Chaotic Void: Grants one of your power stats a buff between +90% and -90%. 
  5. Polar personality: If a player within 20m has a negative power stat you will gain the missing amount as a bonus for yourself
  6. Last resort: Grants +100% crit and status chance (flat bonus) along with 400% damage increase. This effect will kill you after 5 sec.

20 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

His 4th skill is essentially useless with all the damage caps involved so they might as well remove it.

I would love the idea that casting 4 would give volt an electric "armor" giving him a tower shield in one of his hand while a throwable electric projectile in the other.

Perhaps small blue electric crystal like kunai's as base attack with it and when he casts 1 it would send out a lightning ball.

This is what i call alternative to gunplay.

Some teaser to what i think about:

Energy shield

fcelmmltphq9xxazztvo.jpg

Lightning base projectile: (obviously more blue)

eac31a3de5ae743e3d70b14e2557f197.jpg

New shock effect after casting 4.

Energy_Ball_by_Bunny177.jpg

Sidenot i think we are derailing this topic a bit.

So here some other corrupted mod effects:

1. Technomancer: Removes access to all powers increases all weapons crit and status chance by 25%(flat bonus) and add in extra 2% damage for every level the target has
  2. Lone wolf: Grants +10% to all power stats for each member in the team as long as they are atleast 25m away from the player
  3. Horde mentality (aura mod) :Grants +100 armor and +5% armor to each member of the team when they are atleast 8m close to the player
  4. Chaotic Void: Grants one of your power stats a buff between +90% and -90%. 
  5. Polar personality: If a player within 20m has a negative power stat you will gain the missing amount as a bonus for yourself
  6. Last resort: Grants +100% crit and status chance (flat bonus) along with 400% damage increase. This effect will kill you after 5 sec.

Yes please!

34 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

how this would be activated?

Its name is a hint, you pull out a choosen gun as last resort and shoot knowing this was your only chance to kill the target because after 5 sec you instadie.

This mod is for the times when you had enough of certain bosses and you just want to end it, NOW.

Heavy Armor: +200% armor - 50% parkour and sprint speed.(You can take a lot more dmg but you are slow as f**)

Slow Shield: +200% shields - 50% shelds regen rate(Lots of shelds that regenarate very slower)

Cold Heart: immune to cold proc and dmg. +200% fire dmg and duration on you(say "bye-bye" to cold and his slowing proc  cus you gonna burn just like in hell!)

(Weapon mod) Wide spread: + 200% multishot - 70% accuracy(tunrs weapon in some kind close range shotgun)

(Melee mod) Long blade: +250% radius - 90% attack speed(slow attacks with insane range. Better take Valkyr to fix that speed or lose some dmg mods)

20 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Its name is a hint, you pull out a choosen gun as last resort and shoot knowing this was your only chance to kill the target because after 5 sec you instadie.

This mod is for the times when you had enough of certain bosses and you just want to end it, NOW.

and then BOOM - god mode stage