[DE]Steve

Update 9 - Next Steps

Eh... Nice to see Auras are being addressed but I still think keeping the polarization and seemingly forcing people to use Forma is uncalled for. 

Edited by Naith
  • Upvote 12

"Add Mod Capacity"

You had my curiosity. But now you have my attention.
  • Upvote 42

!!!!!!!!

Adding mod Capacity with Auras?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

.......if only I had a frame that was maxed out on mod points, due to me having sucky ranked mods.

But hey, someday that will be nice for me!

Love the change.

And sorry if any of my posts sounded overly critical; we all get emotional at times. But we're still playing and you're still developing so all is well.

• Upvote 12

Thanks for taking the time to look over auras. I was hoping you would just remove the polarity of the slot but this is even better. Glad to see DE cares so much about their game, unlike other F2P games that get driven into the ground by greed and mismanagement. 

• Upvote 6

Auras - So yeah. Bad devs, no cookie! It has always been our intention that Aura mods were part of the Mod system (but kept getting delayed making this change more painful). Fusion, polarity differences and interaction with your Mod capacity were important to me when we integrated them. In the next hotfix we're rolling out a decent solution to retain those interactions but in a way that increases your build vs. screwing it over... Auras will *ADD* Mod capacity... Yes. ADD. Fuse up the Aura, match polarity and you'll get an extra 14 Mod capacity. Can't wait for you people to try it out and see if you dig it!

This is why I bought a founder's pack. You guys actually learn from constructive criticism! That trait is rare for Developers.

• Upvote 41

Hey,

Thanks as always for trying to deliver the best possible content and lsitening to the community on how to resolve things. 

I look forward to the next iteration of these changes to see how much more things can meld together.

Cheers,

WindHorse

Quantum Entanglement

• Upvote 3

Props to Steve for this post.  It is rare to see a developer admit mistakes, but it can be a good thing because it shows that they see where they went wrong on the game development.  I know I've probably gained a reputation for being more harsh on the developers and other DE staff, but it is only because I have confidence that they can do better.

And if I haven't said it before now, U9 was fantastic work, despite the bumps in the road.

• Upvote 9

Auras - So yeah. Bad devs, no cookie! It has always been our intention that Aura mods were part of the Mod system (but kept getting delayed making this change more painful). Fusion, polarity differences and interaction with your Mod capacity were important to me when we integrated them. In the next hotfix we're rolling out a decent solution to retain those interactions but in a way that increases your build vs. screwing it over... Auras will *ADD* Mod capacity... Yes. ADD. Fuse up the Aura, match polarity and you'll get an extra 14 Mod capacity. Can't wait for you people to try it out and see if you dig it!

Don't forget to tune into the live stream tomorrow so we can give out some Platinum and shout out to you guys in chat!

-Steve

tumblr_mep5alfV2A1qhzgwxo1_400.gif

OUR BODIES ARE READY!!!

• Upvote 18

It's good to hear this is progressing still, it's a shame you will have to go back and forth with the new foundry but I hope you can finally make it stay in the end.

• Upvote 1

Raptor Boss - We've been working on making this airborne monster drop his stuff reliably and within the play-space.

Have his loot appear inside that small middle room and put a UI waypoint there when he dies. Even if the loot bounces around, it'll stay inside the room.

Most of us use it for cover or as a platform already.

Edited by Archistopheles
  • Upvote 9

I tried to forma my Aura slot.  It consumed the forma, didn't change the polarity, and of course reset my frame.

Great . . .

Brushfire

• Upvote 1

Any chance of you guys looking at the Ignis and the entirety of longswords and daggers? Giving an answer on the prime weapon issue?

• Upvote 2

Eh... Nice to see Auras are being addressed but I still think keeping the polarization and seemingly forcing people to use Forma is uncalled for.

Yes, sorry about that. Upside is now you've doubled the benefits!

• Upvote 3

First off: If you have PM'd me, I am sorry I have sucked so badly at answering. I am digging out of the avalache right now...

UPDATE 9 - NEXT STEPS

Thanks so much for the kudos, flames and passionate feedback we've received on Update 9. As usual, we tried cramming as much as possible into 9 and makes a few messes we need to clean up. Here is an apologetically toned response to my forum readings so far:

Raptor Boss - We've been working on making this airborne monster drop his stuff reliably and within the play-space.

Foundry UI - We are switching this back to list form. For the next hotfix we've sped transition times so you're not waiting. As far as this looking radically difference, that is intentional, as we are using it as a basis for a less 'cyan' UI redesign.

Clan Sizes - Things are bumpy here! Some of the negative value/cannot contribute problems should be resolved shortly as well as the ability to build multiple Hall-types that increase capacity without pushing you unknowingly into the larger tier. We're adding UI warnings for things that elevate your tier. I'm going to work with our support staff to see about fixing unintentional size changes.

Clan Emblems - Wow! So many cool ones! So many hilarious ones! We're fixing the alpha channel problems immediately. I'm talking to our web team about adding personal insignias in the future.

Nightmare - Sorry about the thrash on this, we totally screwed up the vampire amounts and had to fix the hot-fix. I have seen some great threads on improving this and adding UI: yes, yes! This is the basis for something really cool, with growing diversity.

Alliances - I am embarrassed how much we thrashed on this. Many 'o flames came to me in PMs. We need to break up the massive ones into Alliances for technical reasons (yes, duh, we should have capped to begin with). We struggled with Dunbar's number, clan size vs. player engagement in UO (thanks Seraphyx) and the massive distribution we had in clan sizes. Will update more as this Alliance system gets in - it is on the top of the pile. For now I just wanted to apologize for the uncertainty and chain yanking there. Sorry, you guys deserve better for sticking with us.

Warframes - General answer to "What? No fix for ___'s Power?" I know Ember is under the microscope as we speak... we're always trying to improve your favorite and make it God Tier!

That's all for now. Can't wait to talk to you about the future and what we're working on next... share your thoughts! Thanks for sticking with us through the bumps and warts. That about wraps it up, until next time---uh oh, wait, I missed one:

Don't forget to tune into the live stream tomorrow so we can give out some Platinum and shout out to you guys in chat!

-Steve

Ultimately in love with Up9. Feel like we are being treated like Kings with this project. I see no end in sight to my commitment.

Thanks!

• Upvote 5