The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Log-In Rewards from Here On Should be Cosmetic

Music4Therapy

Just now, JSharpie said:

So what are you suggesting be changed?

Also, no it isn't. You can obtain these mods, it's not impossible. But no matter how you spin it you do not need these mods to succeed. They are just for hardcore min-maxing and the impossible task of 100% this game. The best argument I've seen is that the game isn't entertaining enough to shoot for it, and I'd have to say I agree. 

No, the problem is not that the game isn't entertaining enough to shoot for it. The problem is, you can love this game and play it for 2 years straight but if a mod is locked behind a 1000 day wall you still won't get it.

52 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

Cosmetics would be amazing and wouldn't effect game balance.

They also wouldnt keep me playing the game.... as somebody who doesnt care about cosmetics.

53 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

What would you do if you took a break from the game, something came up in life or whatever, you've been loyal to the game for a long time. Then, you find out that you are going to have to log in every day for a year straight to get Primed Streamline, or a mod similar to it that would be highly desired by the community.

Take responsibility for my own actions?

The daily log in rewards, tbh i just want it to stop, kill it already man. That's the one thing that makes logging into this game in the morning as much relevant as brushing my teeth. I got Zenith and alright i guess it was worth it but......... "Primed Shred", at least gimme some Sundial warframe or something.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

yeah but like I said in the earlier post they can't really go changing it now due to those of us over 400 days.... I kind of feel DE didn't look 'far enough' into the future when they decided the time gaps but then DE does have a tendency to 'misjudge' certain requirements.... cough cough hema....

They can change it, quite easily. Retroactively correcting the rewards each person has earned would be a cakewalk. They aren't making it harder to get a reward, they would be making it easier.

4 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

They can change it, quite easily. Retroactively correcting the rewards each person has earned would be a cakewalk. They aren't making it harder to get a reward, they would be making it easier.

That is the point isn't it.

These are rewards for players who have been with the game for a long time. They specifically aren't for new players. It isn't like they are randomly distributed or anything, anyone can get them given enough time.

2 hours ago, JSharpie said:

But why do you need primed shred? I'd argue you don't need the mod ever, because I don't have it, and I do fine.

You don't need, but once you have it, it's a significant upgrade over Shred. You won't be going back, unless you run into serious mod energy concerns.

4 hours ago, Rage_Inducer said:

Primed Vigor, Primed Fury and if I am not mistaken, the upcoming Primed Shred are all nifty mods but by no means required in anything. These mods not only provide mediocre bonuses but they take 40k endo and usuall one extra forma to fit on anything.

Unless they put something along the lines of Primed Streamline or Primed Intenify, the mods are rather fair.

I shared the same sentiment, but I feel Primed Shred is crossing what I perceive to be a thin line between what is okay and not okay to put behind a 2 year waiting wall for incoming players.

Primed Fury is huge for status melee weapons, but 200 days isn't much to ask. Primed Shred? Wow. This doesn't effect me as a player, because I rely on my melee for damage and use weapons such as the Miter or Hema for the utility they provide. But I'm feeling for the gun users. I'd be upset if they made Primed True Steel or Primed Organ Shatter the 600 day reward if I was behind in days, and I think that is a fair comparison.

9 hours ago, Music4Therapy said:

How is that wrong? Seriously? If Fury makes your weapon better, does Primed Fury not directly upgrade that same weapon?

Now imagine that on a larger scale. Needing to wait 3 years to get a highly desired mod such as Primed Organ Shatter, Primed Streamline, etc....

They are not nececary at all! These mods give you a minimal boost to the stats. -->minimal<--. Primed Organ shatter.. I doubt it will happen. Primed Streamline.. that will never happen for sure. You need to wait 3 years? So what? I'm around 570 logins. If i can spend that 1 minute to log in every day than why shouldn't you too? Remember that nothing comes without a sacrifice. If you want something work for it and stop wineing for an easyer way...

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Music4Therapy said:

I shared the same sentiment, but I feel Primed Shred is crossing what I perceive to be a thin line between what is okay and not okay to put behind a 2 year waiting wall for incoming players.

Primed Fury is huge for status melee weapons, but 200 days isn't much to ask. Primed Shred? Wow. This doesn't effect me as a player, because I rely on my melee for damage and use weapons such as the Miter or Hema for the utility they provide. But I'm feeling for the gun users. I'd be upset if they made Primed True Steel or Primed Organ Shatter the 600 day reward if I was behind in days, and I think that is a fair comparison.

I dont. I think thats silly.

Ive used the same build on the same weapons since damage 2.0 and I still destroy everything just as well as i did back then. A primed organ shatter or true steel or point strike wouldnt change anything. Everything still dies in one shot.

I got X mod at 600 days. I put in that time.

YOU get X mod at 600 days... if you put in the time.

Its really that simple. 560 days ago I was wondering what i would get at 1000 days. I am not discouraged to put in the time to find out. now i have 440 days left to find out. Thats years worth of time. On top of that, some of us were playing for a couple years even before the reward system was put in place....

the point is, dont plan to play the game for a specific amount of time. Just play it if you enjoy it. If in 1000 days of logins, if you were still interested in playing the game, then you'll get to enjoy whatever 1000 day reward you get.

If you stop playing the game before that point, then youve lost interest anyways, and the reward never mattered in the first place.

Edited by Faulcun

I wouldn't mind seeing use getting some exclusive syadannas/armor sets or even special skins for our daily log rewards. However, I would like to see some other items appear. Now that the Zen based weapons are done (with exception of maybe a sentinel) it would be cool to perhaps see a new set appear with another alternate playstyle.

The Zen weapons gave us cool disks on out alt fire, so what could come next?

9 hours ago, Music4Therapy said:

A daily login reward shouldn't be what keeps you playing the game. Good gameplay should. Irrelevant.

Thats true, but you stated that cosmetics would be amazing which is also irrelevant because not everybody feels the same way.

Your opinion is yes, give me cosmetics because i can use that.

My opinion is no, cosmetics are garbage and i have no use for that.

Regardless of the reward, you'd still have to get that beast mod, weapon, or greatest cosmetic at the same X number of days. You still have to put in the time no matter what. Weapons and mods are something EVERYBODY has a use for. I would rather see that.

In fact, I wouldnt mind seeing the lato and braton vandals at the 700 and 900 days

Personally, I'd say that Primed Vigor is needed in every of my 'frames' builds, since I previously played at about its level on both Redirection and Vitality. (i.e. it takes off 1 whole mod from the set up) Primed Fury, not so much, but I still swap between Fury and it depending on the levelling.

Given the large variety of builds amongst everyone, neither can be seen as straight 'mandatory', like (Primed) Pressure Point, Serration, etc. With this, I feel like DE's set up on login rewards is both just and healthy for the game. Lookin' forward to the future's logins, and the new Tenno that come with it!

I think they should stick with the current trend. If they make the rewards purely cosmetic it would players less incentive to log in everyday. And I agree the these mods aren't needed for builds to work. 

There is berserker mod that in most cases is better than primed fury and takes up less mod slots. 

Primed vigor gives about half the bonus of both redirection and vitality, I personally just use one or the other. Although Primed vigor can be added to gain more of these 2, there are other mods that I'd rather have there. Personal preference of course. But I still believe this mod is not a requirement to complete a build. It is merely a bonus.

As for prime shred, I think, this one may be the most useful but, the fire rate is still not the best from the mods. Having the bonus punch through with the fire rate is good but, not a requirement. The normal shred can perform just as well, and the added 5 ranks, though it almost doubles the stats, are just a bonus. They are not required to win and would only add a small difference to power. 

Having these mods as login rewards makes them feel like actual "Rewards". Most players who play that long already have a good looking frame and giving them another shoulder pad wouldn't be worth much to them and may make them feel cheated. 

I think it's a bad system. It being uncapped, plus giving out playable content such as weapons, plus it already being at 600 days (almost 2 damn years) can turn the feeling of getting a reward into feeling punished for not logging in (for some). It's completely subjective, but it undoubtedly happens.

And tbh, if they want to inflate their player numbers, sure it works, but otherwise it only means people are logging in. I've probably played 15 matches tops since I got pissed about the Hema BS and completely stopped spending money on the game, but I still log in every day in case WF somehow becomes better in the future. How is it desirable for them to have players that log in and immediately press alt+F4? How does it help? Wouldn't they prefer if players... idk, played the game?

Besides... 600 goddamn days? How is that even close to reasonable?

1 hour ago, The_Doc said:

Besides... 600 goddamn days? How is that even close to reasonable?

A lot of us have been playing for 4-5 years already. They decided to create a system to appreciate players that stick around for that long in the future. How is that unreasonable?

On one side I see players like myself that say "Oh thats nice. Im gonna play anyways, but thats a cool weapon or mod. Nice to see a cool reward now and then."

On the other side, we see "i dont want to wait 500-1000 days... I WANT IT NOW! SOMEBODY ELSE HAS IT BEFORE ME.... NOT FAIR!! GIVE ME NOWWWWW!"

I think the second example is unreasonable in its nature of argument. I dont even remember the last 600 days. I just log in and try to enjoy myself for a little bit daily and would continue to do so regardless of a reward system.

On 6/26/2017 at 8:52 PM, Music4Therapy said:

How is that wrong? Seriously? If Fury makes your weapon better, does Primed Fury not directly upgrade that same weapon?

Now imagine that on a larger scale. Needing to wait 3 years to get a highly desired mod such as Primed Organ Shatter, Primed Streamline, etc....

because you dont even need those mods to be very strong ingame, those are just good to haves but never a necessity to do a lvl200+ runs. even the weapons are not that strong to begin with. daily login reward is just an additional feature and the game can go on without it. capische?

On 6/29/2017 at 2:45 PM, Faulcun said:

A lot of us have been playing for 4-5 years already. They decided to create a system to appreciate players that stick around for that long in the future. How is that unreasonable?

On one side I see players like myself that say "Oh thats nice. Im gonna play anyways, but thats a cool weapon or mod. Nice to see a cool reward now and then."

On the other side, we see "i dont want to wait 500-1000 days... I WANT IT NOW! SOMEBODY ELSE HAS IT BEFORE ME.... NOT FAIR!! GIVE ME NOWWWWW!"

I think the second example is unreasonable in its nature of argument. I dont even remember the last 600 days. I just log in and try to enjoy myself for a little bit daily and would continue to do so regardless of a reward system.

I've been playing for ages... signed up Dec 2012. Doesn't mean I agree with someone joining in and looking at a 2 year timewall for a weapon. I don't think it makes sense, they should want players to play the game and spend money on it, not to just log in... which does nothing by itself.

I think it's a number that can easily be discouraging for anyone who isn't already advanced enough it the tribute system.

Your second example is unreasonable, yes, but that's not the only type of person that dislikes this system... in fact it's a bit of hyperbole all things considered.

But hey, people are cool with vaulting, so I guess I can't really discuss the meaning of "reasonable".

I must disagree with people who are fine with new players waiting over 2 years to get some really good stuff, and I am saying it as someone who was from the beginning of new daily system and who only skipped around 20 days because I was on  holidays. 

The problem with new players waiting so long is that it discourages new players from playing game, when people see distance between new and veteran players is too great they skip the game(would you play game knowing you can NEVER catch up to veterans ?), there is a reason that even the best mmo games offer new players option to start at much higher level(when new players are discourage from playing game then the game will die, no game can survive on veterans only) , and those are games you can actually catch up with veterans with effort while new daily login system offers no way to catch up to veterans, since they will always be a head of you by number of days they were the day you started.

Edited by Culaio