Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strong weapon rivens should be nerfed?

Slayer116

Just now, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

because always one shotting everything can get boring and sorties are already the toughest endgame content (the only thing more end game was that night watch tactical aleart with level 120 balifs that took an obscene ammount of damage to kill)

people are naturally going to bring their best stuff to do sorties.

it sounds like you are saying that only good weapons with good rivens are the best stuff

Just now, Slayer116 said:

it sounds like you are saying that only good weapons with good rivens are the best stuff

did you even read my post? what i said is that people will tend to bring their best gear to do the current end game content in warframe

i did not say that meta weapons with god roll rivens are the only good guns.

In my experience Riven's for popular weapons are already fairly low.  It's why I ditched my Soma Riven, it didn't really do much.  It added three different stats instead of one but none of them were high enough to warrant replacing a mod that was already in there.  My Akmagnus Riven and Vulkar Riven on the other hand are awesome.

PS:  Following a conversation with multiple quotes of ShadowStalker and --Shadow-Stalker-- is surprisingly difficult.

1 hour ago, Hemmo67 said:

u can just walk past his 3 phases and go straight for the end battle <-<

I mean you can, but you'll still need to do all the damage you were supposed to do in those 3 phases at the end. 6 of one, half a dozen of another

53 minutes ago, Katinka said:

In my experience Riven's for popular weapons are already fairly low.  It's why I ditched my Soma Riven, it didn't really do much.  It added three different stats instead of one but none of them were high enough to warrant replacing a mod that was already in there.  My Akmagnus Riven and Vulkar Riven on the other hand are awesome.

PS:  Following a conversation with multiple quotes of ShadowStalker and --Shadow-Stalker-- is surprisingly difficult.

hey we have to be challenging to deal with some how. we arent in game so might as well be on the forums

Just because already powerful weapons can have rivens doesn't mean that they are useful. When you consider the content in the game and what exactly players are expected to go through in order to receive rewards, rivens on already powerful weapons do nothing for the player that they don't already have.

I fell in love with the Dex Sybaris last summer and it remains to this day my #1 go to primary weapon. Does it matter that I have a riven that gives it guaranteed red-crits? Absolutely not because it was already powerful to begin with. The riven does nothing useful for me.

Those powerful weapons were already powerful to begin with. Those powerful weapons will continue to outrank lower-tier weapons just because of how they are designed. Rivens don't change that. They just make the lower-tier weapons more manageable and usable for higher level content while top-tier gear remain top-tier. Just because top-tier weapons exist doesn't mean that "strong" disposition rivens are worthless. It's more subjective really. Not everyone needs/wants them.

I don't know really. The Riven discussion is like a meeting in the Legislative building. Everyone is shouting over each other and wants their point to be heard. Everyone is right in their own sense about Rivens but it only makes it more confusing going forward.

Edited by (XB1)RPColten
fixed writing

I know it was a tangent, but I can't help but be curious about the whole Vay Hek one shotting thing: How?? I was very strongly under the impression that he had some kind of strict health gating mechanic from the fact that critical full build lanka shots were only hitting the regular version for around 4000 damage against the normal one with all armor stripped off. Braton Prime bullets when critting were doing somewhere between 1-2k, which is... definitely nowhere near the gap in damage between those two weapons per-shot. Is it something silly like his health gates just flat out not functioning in multiplayer for the clients??

Anyhow. Meta weapon rivens already look... almost entirely worthless. They have such low stats. What gets crazy riven+weapon results are the pretty good weapons that weren't terribly far behind meta ones but were largely unpopular because they were worse, even if by a small amount.

most actually bad weapons seem like they'd still come out pretty bad even with their max strength rivens. You aren't gonna save the Seer pistol.

Edited by OvisCaedo

Okay lets look at some examples shall we?

HJ7WeOp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Now this soma riven is godlike and the pic was from before the first riven nerfs.

Now lets look at some rives for less popular weapons:

n094j4sibj7y.jpg

Look at how much better the stats are. Some of them outright overpower "meta" gear.

Can someone show me a pic of this riven and a pic of it dealing damage to a level 100 vay hek? Coz I don't believe this is possible even if Vay hek has no armor. (unless of course you use warframe powers but that's a different story)

EDIT : ooohh.. I forgot about Launcher weapons. I guess it is possible. 

Edited by InDueTime-EN-

Rivens have dispositions between 1 and 5. In general, rivens with disposition 1 for the meta gear are barely worth it, with some exceptions. 

Rivens with disposition 5 can save some weapons but others are so bad that even a ridiculous riven doesnt change the fact that they are bad.

Since disposition is based on the weapon popularity, people tend to use the meta gear and tend to leave some really good weapons out. These good weapons with high dispositions are the ones that get the most benefit from this system.

I owned easily 100 rivens and sold satiatas and visicans for rly good prices even considering they were not that good. On the other hand I have some hidden treasures I dont even like to talk too much about.

On 6/26/2017 at 9:52 AM, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

Welcome to the Warframe where most every player is a "Have Not". Just let those that "Have" enjoy themselves because either A: they won the lottery on the Riven dropping in the first place, B: they have played long enough to accrue tons of platinum to purchase said Riven, C: they have spent real money to get enough platinum to earn said Riven, or D: they farmed the ever loving daylights out of Kuva to get said Riven. There are still a handful of weapons that get close to 1 shotting everything without a Riven. It's fine the way it is really. And they already did receive a nerf. Sorry bud.

I think you nailed it. A bunch of folks just arent OK being inferior when it comes to mission results.

Issue is I can spend obscene amount of money on the game, with multiple arcane sets, multiple god roll rivens across multiple top tier weapons, Im always going to have better mission results that someone who cant put the cash into the game. DE would be wise to not always nerf stuff or I may stop spending my cash, which pays the bills. I get the feeling most of the Nerf whiners are free to play folks who grind their butts off any still fall short.

On 26.6.2017 at 6:48 PM, Jakorak said:

aren't rivens on god weapons already not mathematically sound because of the disposition? the number values on your buffs are friggin tiny on low disposition rivens

I have rivens on guns with strong disposition. Those are guns that I really love like Karak Wraith or Burston P. But those guns never stand a chance against those weak disposition Soma P riven (+CC, +elec D), Hek (+CD, +CC) or Tigris P (+status, +toxin). 

A good combination of dual stats on already strong weapons will offer new ways to mod. In the best case like my Tigris P you have one additional free mod slot. Or in the worst case like my soma I switch my stronger elemental against a weak elemental riven but the additional CC drives the soma into  new red crit (+argon). 

Edited by k05h

On 6/30/2017 at 5:38 PM, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

If it weren't for Iframes, banshee would one shot every boss and then the planet its on. :)

iirc nova anti matter drop can store something like 500k damage before being maxed

On ‎30‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 10:57 PM, (Xbox One)lotus503 said:

I think you nailed it. A bunch of folks just arent OK being inferior when it comes to mission results.

Issue is I can spend obscene amount of money on the game, with multiple arcane sets, multiple god roll rivens across multiple top tier weapons, Im always going to have better mission results that someone who cant put the cash into the game. DE would be wise to not always nerf stuff or I may stop spending my cash, which pays the bills. I get the feeling most of the Nerf whiners are free to play folks who grind their butts off any still fall short.

Are you sure about that? Cuz sometimes it depends on skill way more than just money. Actually it depends on the skill most of the times unless you use cheesiest of the builds. I've farmed my own arcane energize set. I've farmed my 50 rivens myself and a lot of them are godly. This guy just thought of this whole riven stuff wrong. That's all.

Also, @Slayer116, you're going about this from the wrong angle. The rivens don't need a nerf. They need a buff. The unpopular weapons need a buff for rivens. At the start we had Faint, Neutral, Strong. Now we have 5 dispositions. What we need is just to Buff the bad weapon rivens, that's all. No need to nerf, it'll help Noone. Let the top tier rivens stay the same, they are bad anyway. I'd love to see not 5 dispositions but 10. Just because something in warframe seems unbalanced doesn't mean you have to nerf stuff to balance it out. A buff would be better in this case because my stradavar can't become endgame viable even with the godly stats, or tiberon.

48 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

Very true, still holds nothing against sonar tho

i just remember back before the ruk rework my stratagy was to use prime, then drop. dump a clip of my soma into the drop and let it sail forth and 1 shot everything in the level.

Just now, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

i just remember back before the ruk rework my stratagy was to use prime, then drop. dump a clip of my soma into the drop and let it sail forth and 1 shot everything in the level.

Oh that sounds absolutely beautiful.

i love antimatter absorbe.

my range+str build makes it a sight to behold 

Just now, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

Oh that sounds absolutely beautiful.

i love antimatter absorbe.

my range+str build makes it a sight to behold 

no augments back then. prime was instant and could at times detonate it self and wipe out the whole room. but yeah my stratagy was to just use nova and drop. could one shot every boss except lech cause he was the first to get the "phase" treatment

On 7/1/2017 at 4:11 PM, KingFurer said:

Are you sure about that? Cuz sometimes it depends on skill way more than just money. Actually it depends on the skill most of the times unless you use cheesiest of the builds. I've farmed my own arcane energize set. I've farmed my 50 rivens myself and a lot of them are godly. This guy just thought of this whole riven stuff wrong. That's all.

I'm pretty sure, folks such as yourself are not the normal warframe population. Yes there are certainly folks who put the time in grinding stuff they want and are on level with folks like me who can just buy everything. You are right about skill, I dont have the skill on the JV raid as someone who grinded out an energize set, I also dont have the time. But the reality is you and I are on the edges of the player base. The main player base tends to want to Nerf stuff because of mission statistics and falling short.