Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashed and Burned (Closed, IC)

Daakjenaar

Alright, I'll be doing rules, and then I'll get to the introduction. However, I would like to preface this with something:

This is my third RP. My last two have had relatively short lifespans, and ended pretty disappointingly. However, I have high hopes for this RP.  Quite a bit of work has gone into working out the flow of this RP from start to end. That's about it, really.

Rules:
1. There is an OC limit of 3 per person. You may be allowed more later, but I would like you to ask first about it.
2. No god-mode, OPness, or anything even remotely like it.
3. Follow all of the basic RP rules, found here.

Requests:
(You don't have to always obey these, but do your best.)
1. Try to keep it lore friendly. Pre/post U18 is okay, but try to keep it in the Warframe universe.
2. Try to not abruptly stop posting in the RP, please. This RP will be revolving around the relatively small amount of characters involved, so leaving abruptly would affect the flow. I understand if real life takes over, though.
3. Try to avoid one-line posts. I used to be guilty of this, and I know they seem good during a conversation, but try to be descriptive with your posts.
4.Please don't spam. If you're replying to someone else who just posted, please wait a couple of minutes before posting a response. Spam isn't fun, and can force someone out of an RP.
5. Understand that characters may die. While I won't force you to kill off your own OC (I would be a terrible person), understand that it may help with tension.

INTRODUCTION:
A silver Scimitar dropship broke through the atmosphere of Mars, entering orbit around the planet. It used a Hohmann transfer to place itself in orbit around Phobos, and, several hours later, it was in a stable orbit. It closed in on a Corpus cruiser in a low orbit around Phobos, preparing to land as it entered a hangar full of mechanics running between damaged Corpus fighers.
"We're here as you requested." Said a relatively generic voice over the ship's intercom.
"Get a security team to the hangar, now. Inform them that I have the target." A Limbo responded, stepping out of the Scimitar. "Get that pod into a reinforced container."
A squad of armed Perrin Sequence operatives ran into the hangar, moving into the Scimitar. They left a moment later, dragging a cryopod to the cargo bay. The Limbo also walked out of the hangar, heading in the direction of the Bridge.
"What was your casualty count?" The Limbo asked, entering the Bridge.
"Uh... 173. The Corpus never saw us coming. We had a few of our squad leaders injured when we attacked the Bridge."  A Perrin operative said, turning around to face the Limbo.
"Open a communications channel. I'm calling in some reinforcements to assist us, probably more mercenaries." The Limbo said, walking to a nearby console.

"To all mercenaries, guns-for-hire, or anyone willing to get paid for a simple job, please make your way to these coordinates here, in orbit around Phobos. I hope to see many of you soon." The Limbo said into the console, sending the message to most non-Grineer/Corpus ships in the system. "I promise, you will be paid well...."

Edited by Daakjenaar
Forgot a thing.

((Well, I enjoyed your other two rps, before they ended up dying. And it has been a while before I even took part in an rp in these forums, so i'm gonna take part))

A xiphos lands inside of the hanger a short while after the transmission came through. A tall man wearing a Harrow warframe steps out, turning to the limbo upon arrival.

"So you must be the one who sent those transmissions, correct?"

Edited by crimsonspartan1
Typed hallow instead of harrow XD

((I got exited for a moment, thinking there'd finaly be an RP I could join again... And then I saw the rules. I will not be joining because why join an RP that I'd get kicked from within my first three posts for just RP'ing as I usually do, but I hope this RP becomes fun for you. Meanwhile, I'll look for an explanation as to why my style of RP is completely shunned all of the sudden and hopefully not come to the conclusion that I am an awful person that should not exist. I will follow this RP, though, because the story caught my interest. I hope you'll all have a good time.))

9 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

((I got exited for a moment, thinking there'd finaly be an RP I could join again... And then I saw the rules. I will not be joining because why join an RP that I'd get kicked from within my first three posts for just RP'ing as I usually do, but I hope this RP becomes fun for you. Meanwhile, I'll look for an explanation as to why my style of RP is completely shunned all of the sudden and hopefully not come to the conclusion that I am an awful person that should not exist. I will follow this RP, though, because the story caught my interest. I hope you'll all have a good time.))

((At least give it a shot. You might find that this rp is fun without being the strongest there is, and having almighty, unbeatable power))

5 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

((At least give it a shot. You might find that this rp is fun without being the strongest there is, and having almighty, unbeatable power))

((Not what I meant. First of all no, I hate having even the slightest chance of losing in combat-based RP's so I will not enjoy it, and second, "Don't spam"? "No one-line posts"? "Stay lore-friendly"? Those are not rules that I, Kuraio, can follow. No matter how hard I try. I think I'll just avoid any RP with even the slightest bit of combat in them for, well, as long as it takes for my core mentality to completely change.))

23 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

((Well, I enjoyed your other two rps, before they ended up dying. And it has been a while before I even took part in an rp in these forums, so i'm gonna take part))

A xiphos lands inside of the hanger a short while after the transmission came through. A tall man wearing a Harrow warframe steps out, turning to the limbo upon arrival.

"So you must be the one who sent those transmissions, correct?"

The Limbo turned around slowly to look at the Harrow, and watched him closely.
"Excellent. Our first mercenary." The Limbo said. "I see my transmission worked." The Limbo watched the Harrow closely again, before asking a question.
"What are your prior experiences or combat specialties?" He asked, as Perrin Sequence operatives ran by him, carrying crates out of the hangar.

17 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

The Limbo turned around slowly to look at the Harrow, and watched him closely.
"Excellent. Our first mercenary." The Limbo said. "I see my transmission worked." The Limbo watched the Harrow closely again, before asking a question.
"What are your prior experiences or combat specialties?" He asked, as Perrin Sequence operatives ran by him, carrying crates out of the hangar.

The Harrow moved closer to the limbo, raising his hand for a handshake once infront of him.

"Professional hired gun. Just tell me who or where to shoot, and you're wish will be granted..."

"Oh, the name's Elm, incase we're fully introducing ourselves here"

1 minute ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

The Harrow moved closer to the limbo, raising his hand for a handshake once infront of him.

"Professional hired gun. Just tell me who or where to shoot, and you're wish will be granted..."

"Oh, the name's Elm, incase we're fully introducing ourselves here"

"Alright, then." The Limbo responded. "I'll be needing you down in the cargo bay, then."
A Perrin operative walked up to Elm.
"If you don't know where you're going, I can take you to the cargo bay." The operative said. "It's not too far from here." As he was saying this, The Limbo looked over at a massive crate being carried out of the hangar.

A ship entered orbit alongside the corpus ship, immediately attempting to open communications.

A figure wearing a peculiar cloak reclined at his controls, observing the cruiser in front of him.

"I might be interested. What's the job?"

Edited by bowiespoon

4 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

A ship entered orbit alongside the scimitar, immediately attempting to open communications.

A figure wearing a peculiar cloak reclined at his controls, observing the silver tenno craft in front of him.

"I might be interested. What's the job?"

(Note: The Scimitar is inside of the hangar of the commandeered Corpus ship.)

"Oh, it's pretty simple. Just aid in protecting the ship until we reach our destination." The Limbo replied. "The job itself isn't dangerous, and pays quite well." The Limbo was looking through a crate of Corpus weapons as he spoke. He pulled out a tetra, looked closely at it, and put it back in the crate.

Just now, Daakjenaar said:

"Oh, it's pretty simple. Just aid in protecting the ship until we reach our destination." The Limbo replied. "The job itself isn't dangerous, and pays quite well." The Limbo was looking through a crate of Corpus weapons as he spoke. He pulled out a tetra, looked closely at it, and put it back in the crate.

((My bad. Give me a sec and I'll edit.))

1 minute ago, Daakjenaar said:

"What might we be running up against?" the figure said lazily, idly rubbing the void keys embedded in his arms. "And more importantly, what's the pay? I prefer exact numbers."

Even as he spoke though, his ship began to move towards the hangar. It was just an ordinary liset, without any adornments.

1 hour ago, Daakjenaar said:

"Alright, then." The Limbo responded. "I'll be needing you down in the cargo bay, then."
A Perrin operative walked up to Elm.
"If you don't know where you're going, I can take you to the cargo bay." The operative said. "It's not too far from here." As he was saying this, The Limbo looked over at a massive crate being carried out of the hangar.

Elm shrugs, looking around the hanger.

"I guess while i'm here, I could always check around this place, see where everything is and what kinda of people are also here for the job"

8 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

"What might we be running up against?" the figure said lazily, idly rubbing the void keys embedded in his arms. "And more importantly, what's the pay? I prefer exact numbers."

Even as he spoke though, his ship began to move towards the hangar. It was just an ordinary liset, without any adornments.

"I don't expect much besides the occasional Grineer patrols." The Limbo said. "As for your pay, I don't have exact numbers. However, it will likely be around 3 million credits per person." The Limbo was looking around the Hangar. "I apologize, we're still loading cargo and making repairs. It may be a bit crowded around the hangar." The Limbo stated as an operative bumped into him, before slowly backing away.

"One final question. What would you consider your area of expertise?" The Limbo asked.

3 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Elm shrugs, looking around the hanger.

"I guess while i'm here, I could always check around this place, see where everything is and what kinda of people are also here for the job"

"I suppose..." The Operative said. "We aren't leaving for a while longer. We still have freighters loading our cargo." The Operative continued walking in  the direction of the cargo bay.

3 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

"I don't expect much besides the occasional Grineer patrols." The Limbo said. "As for your pay, I don't have exact numbers. However, it will likely be around 3 million credits per person." The Limbo was looking around the Hangar. "I apologize, we're still loading cargo and making repairs. It may be a bit crowded around the hangar." The Limbo stated as an operative bumped into him, before slowly backing away.

"One final question. What would you consider your area of expertise?" The Limbo asked.

"I suppose..." The Operative said. "We aren't leaving for a while longer. We still have freighters loading our cargo." The Operative continued walking in  the direction of the cargo bay.

Elm followed the operative to the cargo bay.

"I see we have quite a nice little group here, if I say so myself" he spoke, talking about the other operatives around the place. 

1 minute ago, Daakjenaar said:

The sound of the knuckles being cracked could be heard over the comms, and the sound of a chair moving as the figure sat upright.

"Countering Tenno, I'd say." he finally said.

Meanwhile, his ship landed down in an empty spot.

The man switched off his comms as he rose to his feet.

"Well now, let's see what these tenno are so intent on keeping from falling into the wrong hands.... and if it's worth taking."

4 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

The sound of the knuckles being cracked could be heard over the comms, and the sound of a chair moving as the figure sat upright.

"Countering Tenno, I'd say." he finally said.

Meanwhile, his ship landed down in an empty spot.

The man switched off his comms as he rose to his feet.

"Well now, let's see what these tenno are so intent on keeping from falling into the wrong hands.... and if it's worth taking."

"If you can counter Tenno, you would likely be most useful on shipwide security. It'll be good to have someone capable of dealing with any Tenno aggressors." The Limbo said. An operative ran up to the Limbo, and told him something in an extremely quiet voice before handing him a datapad.

"Hmm... alright. Get the secondary reactor going, just in case." The Limbo told the operative.

8 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Elm followed the operative to the cargo bay.

"I see we have quite a nice little group here, if I say so myself" he spoke, talking about the other operatives around the place. 

"About 700 of us attacked the ship. We took them by surprise, and we still lost over a hundred in the attack. I guess that's why the boss called in more reinforcements." The Operative responded.

Just now, Daakjenaar said:

"If you can counter Tenno, you would likely be most useful on shipwide security. It'll be good to have someone capable of dealing with any Tenno aggressors." The Limbo said. An operative ran up to the Limbo, and told him something in an extremely quiet voice before handing him a datapad.

"Hmm... alright. Get the secondary reactor going, just in case." The Limbo told the operative.

"About 700 of us attacked the ship. We took them by surprise, and we still lost over a hundred in the attack. I guess that's why the boss called in more reinforcements." The Operative responded.

"I can understand that. Speaking of the ship, what were your goals? Raiding a corpus ship for supplies? The usual hijacking? You know..." Elm questioned. "I assume your goals are somewhat important...Enough to lead the limbo over there to call in for more mercenaries, correct?"

1 hour ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

"I can understand that. Speaking of the ship, what were your goals? Raiding a corpus ship for supplies? The usual hijacking? You know..." Elm questioned. "I assume your goals are somewhat important...Enough to lead the limbo over there to call in for more mercenaries, correct?"

"He hired us to commandeer the ship. He said he needed to get a shipment of supplies to the Pluto relay. We've had freighters going to and from the hangar for three days now, getting supplies. Mostly food and resources." The Operative responded, still walking. "He dropped off... something earlier. It looked like a cryopod. He told us to put it in a reinforced crate and leave it in the cargo bay."

6 hours ago, Daakjenaar said:

A man stepped off the ship, looking around at the clutter of the hangar. He walked over the the limbo.

"So, what now?"

32 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

A man stepped off the ship, looking around at the clutter of the hangar. He walked over the the limbo.

"So, what now?"

"I want you patrolling the lower decks. If there are any stowaways, I want you to deal with them." The Limbo said. "We're not leaving for a while longer, in case anyone else shows up."

(I would recommend that you introduce the majority of your OCs you plan on using. before I close the RP and kick off the real RP.)

6 hours ago, Daakjenaar said:

"He hired us to commandeer the ship. He said he needed to get a shipment of supplies to the Pluto relay. We've had freighters going to and from the hangar for three days now, getting supplies. Mostly food and resources." The Operative responded, still walking. "He dropped off... something earlier. It looked like a cryopod. He told us to put it in a reinforced crate and leave it in the cargo bay."

"You managed to take a quick look at whatever or whoever's in that pod?" questioned Elm. "I mean, if we're bringing someone in a cyropod with us then I guess it wouldn't hurt to check, right?"

40 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

(I would recommend that you introduce the majority of your OCs you plan on using. before I close the RP and kick off the real RP.)

((What do you mean by "close the rp and kick off the real rp" exactly? Do you mean close this rp then restart, or close the recruitment for this rp and then fully start this rp?))

34 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

"You managed to take a quick look at whatever or whoever's in that pod?" questioned Elm. "I mean, if we're bringing someone in a cyropod with us then I guess it wouldn't hurt to check, right?"

((What do you mean by "close the rp and kick off the real rp" exactly? Do you mean close this rp then restart, or close the recruitment for this rp and then fully start this rp?))

"He kept the pod covered." The Operative responded. "It seems strange... we don't know what we're transporting, we have no idea what pur employer's name is, and now we have more Tenno."

(Recruitment will close, and the actual story will begin. This is just context and exposition right now.)

A mantis lazily pulled up alongside the ship, pausing a moment before pulling in to an empty spot.

Out stepped a slightly worn-looking frost, glancing around before seeing the limbo and approaching.

"This is more than a little bit out of my usual jurisdiction, but I was in the area. Are you still looking for assistance?"

30 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

"He kept the pod covered." The Operative responded. "It seems strange... we don't know what we're transporting, we have no idea what pur employer's name is, and now we have more Tenno."

(Recruitment will close, and the actual story will begin. This is just context and exposition right now.)

Elm eyed the pod, before turning back to the operative.

"But the employer's at least friendly, right?" he questioned.

"Wouldn't be a good idea to move an unknown filled pod from an unknown source now, wouldn't it?"