Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashed and Burned (OOC)

Daakjenaar

2 minutes ago, rabbitsandroses said:

Don't get me wrong, I know very little about the situation, but does "I saw Tavus die" HAVE to mean he's actually dead? It might be a cool plot twist to have that be like "sike still alive"

I assume his death is somewhere located in either of Bowie's rps, although someone like Bowie, Alpha or Daak himself might need to come and actually say what happened, so we know how serious this sort of issue is

7 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Yes. All I have left is the Shadua button. Which, as multiple RP's have proven, should probably be left unpressed.

What does it do exactly? Reset the entire timeline?

Just now, crimsonspartan1 said:

I assume his death is somewhere located in either of Bowie's rps, although someone like Bowie, Alpha or Daak himself might need to come and actually say what happened, so we know how serious this sort of issue is

What does it do exactly? Reset the entire timeline?

No. It allows Shadua to be intelligent.

1 minute ago, rabbitsandroses said:

Maybe I should pull back from this discussion because I don't know enough details. It seems to me like the whole "tell them how he died" thing could totally be kept if you just slipped in a "he's not dead!" or something like that. Maybe he's assumed dead for a while, and then found not to be?

I sorta want to hear from Daak if Tavus is actually dead, or he's MIA (missing in action). Because I for one ain't entirely keen on him dying, without even warning Kuraio or anything, thus sorta messing up his oc'verse. Plus Kuraio's oc'verse is affected by other people's ocs his own ocs are in a relationship with, and since one of his ocs is in a relationship with Tavus, and the fact they both have a future son does sort of mess up his oc'verse. I know Tavus ain't mine or Kuraio's ocs to control, but his death sorta screws kuraio up a lot

I sorta want to hear from Daak if Tavus is actually dead, or he's MIA (missing in action). Because I for one ain't entirely keen on him dying, without even warning Kuraio or anything, thus sorta messing up his oc'verse. Plus Kuraio's oc'verse is affected by other people's ocs his own ocs are in a relationship with, and since one of his ocs is in a relationship with Tavus, and the fact they both have a future son does sort of mess up his oc'verse. I know Tavus ain't mine or Kuraio's ocs to control, but his death sorta screws kuraio up a lot

Daak and I have a solution.

What does Intelligent Shadua even do then?

He's basically smart enough to use hus abilities properly. Thus making him basically god. Luckily I don't need to allow that, because Daak and I basucally fixed the situation already.

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

Daak and I have a solution.

Just now, KuraioNokami said:

He's basically smart enough to use hus abilities properly. Thus making him basically god. Luckily I don't need to allow that, because Daak and I basucally fixed the situation already.

So what's the solution then? And how did Tavus even "die"?

Just now, Daakjenaar said:

Alright, I fixes the problem:

For all intents and purposes, Tavus is dead, and will remain that way in all of my future RP's.

However, Tavus (with a different name and stuff) will be appearing in some of Kuraio's stuff.

Might I ask, how did Tavus die? Since i'm not entirely keen on reading both of Bowie's rps just to find his death scene

4 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Might I ask, how did Tavus die? Since i'm not entirely keen on reading both of Bowie's rps just to find his death scene

I've been reading through Red Sands all day, I saw a mention of Tavus being dead but I may have missed the part where he died.

22 minutes ago, rabbitsandroses said:

@crimsonspartan1 I've noticed you're very worried about your part of the RP being buried/ignored because of when we post. Does it help when we wait for you to reply, as we did when asking for elm's introduction? Do you want me/bochra to make more of an effort to interact with your character, for example?

Usually what I call "spam" cannot be stopped however, due to timezones. And the only way for "spam" to not occur for me is to just overal slow down the rp or stop the posts coming in when i'm offline, which I don't want to happen at all, even if people think I want it to happen. Well, I mainly don't want to miss out on entire sections / battles / events, but I suppose it's okay for stuff not involving my ocs to happen when i'm not around

1 minute ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Usually what I call "spam" cannot be stopped however, due to timezones. And the only way for "spam" to not occur for me is to just overal slow down the rp or stop the posts coming in when i'm offline, which I don't want to happen at all, even if people think I want it to happen. Well, I mainly don't want to miss out on entire sections / battles / events, but I suppose it's okay for stuff not involving my ocs to happen when i'm not around

What do you mean by spam? Do you mean, as you say, the other stuff that doesn't involve your character? (such as side plots or other interactions)

as for the ooc-vs-ic ooc'ing, my understanding is we respond to quick stuff in the main chat and have longer discussions/start ooc conversations in the ooc chat (I could be wrong on that, though)

32 minutes ago, rabbitsandroses said:

What do you mean by spam? Do you mean, as you say, the other stuff that doesn't involve your character? (such as side plots or other interactions)

as for the ooc-vs-ic ooc'ing, my understanding is we respond to quick stuff in the main chat and have longer discussions/start ooc conversations in the ooc chat (I could be wrong on that, though)

No. Spam as in coming back to see that everyone has posted 2+ pages worth of stuff within the rp. Stuff that doesn't involve my ocs is okay tho, but I'd at least like some action everynow and then. I mainly "hate spam" when it's during an event / fight / mission which my oc is within, as I usually end up having my oc miss a ton of stuff that's happened.

The short ooc posts in ic and long ooc posts in ooc is good tho

No. Spam as in coming back to see that everyone has posted 2+ pages worth of stuff within the rp. Stuff that doesn't involve my ocs is okay tho, but I'd at least like some action everynow and then. I mainly "hate spam" when it's during an event / fight / mission which my oc is within, as I usually end up having my oc miss a ton of stuff that's happened.

The short ooc posts in ic and long ooc posts in ooc is good tho

I think I understand what you're saying now. You feel left out because the other bits of the same story are moving very fast, but the different time zones mean you can't respond as quickly, right?

1 minute ago, rabbitsandroses said:

I think I understand what you're saying now. You feel left out because the other bits of the same story are moving very fast, but the different time zones mean you can't respond as quickly, right?

The different timezones means that when i'm offline (asleep mainly), everyone else is online and "post ready". It can't be stopped because everyone's timezones are different. I'm in the uk, while everyone else is most likely in a different timezone to me. And I don't exactly want to miss out but then again, it can't be stopped unless everyone stops posting all together as everyone would just get annoyed and be unable to respond, so in short: I just got to "deal with it".

Even if "spam" occurs and it's not related to my oc at all, I still have to read it, incase something with one of the characters happen, like a death or character development or something

The different timezones means that when i'm offline (asleep mainly), everyone else is online and "post ready". It can't be stopped because everyone's timezones are different. I'm in the uk, while everyone else is most likely in a different timezone to me. And I don't exactly want to miss out but then again, it can't be stopped unless everyone stops posting all together as everyone would just get annoyed and be unable to respond, so in short: I just got to "deal with it".

Even if "spam" occurs and it's not related to my oc at all, I still have to read it, incase something with one of the characters happen, like a death or character development or something

I see the frustration there, but, to be honest, I can't think of a way to make it any better if it doesn't involve your character...

11 minutes ago, rabbitsandroses said:

I see the frustration there, but, to be honest, I can't think of a way to make it any better if it doesn't involve your character...

That's the point really. It can't really be stopped / prevented, and the only way to stop it would most likely annoy everyone and restrict them from posting so much, thus making this rp slower in general. Not really much anyway can do tbh

1 minute ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

That's the point really. It can't really be stopped / prevented, and the only way to stop it would most likely annoy everyone and restrict them from posting so much, thus making this rp slower in general. Not really much anyway can do tbh

well, if it makes you feel any better, if I'm awake, I'm likely ready to post. So even if other people aren't online when you're around, I'll probably be able to reply to your posts.

hey not a big thing, just a tidbit:
as expected, bochra has ended up being a placeholder name for my frost.
so far, I've been playing him as 'kind of not sure where he stands in the group and therefore a bit cautious', and therefore has a excuse reason to go by bochra (as well as a backstory thing that makes the name bochra specifically make sense) but now that I've figured out what his name actually is, I really heckin wanna call him that instead.

Thoughts?