Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashed and Burned (OOC)

Daakjenaar

37 minutes ago, rabbitsandroses said:

me: I'll post a bit less so as not to interrupt the action!
thread: goes silent
me: oh

I was slightly busy, then ended up playing DOOM for most of the day as it was on discount on steam with all dlcs for £9.99. 

I have no idea where bowie went however. Either he's too busy with his own rp or just gave up on this one

7 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

I was slightly busy, then ended up playing DOOM for most of the day as it was on discount on steam with all dlcs for £9.99. 

I have no idea where bowie went however. Either he's too busy with his own rp or just gave up on this one

He hasn't been active on Red Sands for the last few days either.

1 hour ago, rabbitsandroses said:

once again, I'm hesitant to respond too soon - I'm used to a DM who's 'in charge' and so I'm not sure when to have bochra arrive in the hangar...

Whenever you want, really. I planned out the outline of the RP, but I try to keep the actual events relatively flexible.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, rabbitsandroses said:

I will never, ever be able to take the phrase "assuming direct control" seriously because of this meme

I may or may not have used that line on purpose. Mostly because I have 90 hours in Mass Effect 2.

I've been thinking about leaving this rp, due to a number of reasons...And it ain't about spam (lucky for you guys):

• Real life sort of gets in the way, and next month is going to get worse, so I doubt i'll even get a chance to respond
  • For some reason i've occasionally lost the will to even check these forums, which is sort of on me, mainly because i've either lost interest or being of other places such as discord which have pretty much consumed most of my time nowadays
  • I'm in quite a lot of other rps elsewhere (mainly in discord however, which I also spend loads of time on now, since most rps  here are either unoriginal or overrated). Yet again, my fault
  • Elm feels like a filler oc...And nothing else. While he is stuck on a wild goose chase, running after 6 random corpus crewmen for whatever reason, everyone else is in an important, plot scene, talking about Tarnas and all that, which Elm is completely missing, due to him being thrown elsewhere. Everyone will most likely complain at me for not finishing off the scene and not throwing him in there, but thank real life and other stuff for my absense. Plus I simply can't just instantly finish off the scene, or else i'd be somehow taking control of Daak's rp
  • While not really an issue (but simply a personal thing), i'm not entirely enjoying the mass number of references to bowie's rps. Might sound silly and selfish of me, and I really don't mind them being here, but i'll barely get any of these references, and I don't wanna check out the rps due to some silly personal issue I have where I don't check rps i've never taken part in, or left (mainly when they've bypassed a number of posts / pages. I still check the early stages of them however). All of these references make this rp simply feel like a sequal to bowie's rp, which yet again, is just my own silly and selfish issue. I have nothing against his rps btw, but since i've left unthawed due to my posts never really getting responded to, while everyone else had their post responded to instantly most of the time, during the early stages of the rp and how I never took part in red sands, seeing all these references and spoilers ain't exactly enjoyable for me...but hey, that's just me being stupid, so if you wish, you can still make those references a ton

Some of you might be sad that i'm thinking about leaving, and some migh be jumping with joy, or simply don't care. But hey, when I leave, there will be a free space in this rp, and you could invite someone like soul or lord (wherever he is), which I believe you guys would perfer over me. 

In short, i've simply lost interest in these forums, and not much really interests me anymore. I'll still be around, checking around and maybe making posts elsewhere, but I doubt i'll be roleplaying much in here anymore, or generally being active at all (although i'll pop online and offline to check stuff like update / hotfix notes, etc). This is sort of the issue why I have been absense for quite a while, and haven't made a post for that period of time. 

Edited by crimsonspartan1

I'm sorry this RP isn't working out for you. We're doing our best to leave little spots to let you slip in, (contacting elm multiple times, etc) but I can see how it feels like you're being left in the dust. Same with the references to old rp's -- it can be frustrating to play catch up instead of moving the plot forward. I also know what it feels like to not have the motivation/interest to check in on things I enjoy, and I feel you there.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I know I like having as many rps going as I can all at once. If you ever wanna do something smaller on discord, let me know.

7 hours ago, rabbitsandroses said:

I'm sorry this RP isn't working out for you. We're doing our best to leave little spots to let you slip in, (contacting elm multiple times, etc) but I can see how it feels like you're being left in the dust. Same with the references to old rp's -- it can be frustrating to play catch up instead of moving the plot forward. I also know what it feels like to not have the motivation/interest to check in on things I enjoy, and I feel you there.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I know I like having as many rps going as I can all at once. If you ever wanna do something smaller on discord, let me know.

The little slip ins are pretty much just to get my oc to talk, and Elm has already missed all the important stuff everyone else was talking about. Plus he barely knows anyone, and everyone else know eachother from other rps and such, so while my oc is alienated to a seperate, "filler scene", everyone else is actually progress and interacting. Ain't really fun when your oc in shoved somewhere else, while everyone else actually gets involved within the plot and engage with one another (I had a whole ton of filler issues in other rps I used to be in, like HFTR and the hub, where my ocs would pretty much get shoved onto the sidelines all the time until events came around, where they'll just get shoved in somehow. Just like spam, I do sort of hate filler, but sometime filler has to happen to get things going...But too much of it isn't fun, and pretty much being "the only one" who almost, always get shoved onto the sidelines to do god knows what, I do quite hate filler. I'll accept it at times, but filler simply being there to alienate my oc from the others is a no no in my books. 

I should also mention that the reference thing and not reading through rps does not apply to only bowie's rps. I don't check many rps, like the strangely massive Synergy, the two dark sector rps and a lot of others, simply because I never took part in them, and hearing some references about them in other rps can be annoying, since I won't even get to know that reference without spending ages looking for it. References are a nice touch to rps, but simply shoving references in 24/7 and not knowing any of them because of not checking out the rp ain't too much fun for me personally, yet I do not want to read through over 500 pages just to find that one reference to a certain rp. Although references are fun, when you actually know what the reference is (hell, I used to make quite a lot of references before hand), but not so much when you have no idea what on earth that reference is about...Yea, it's some silly, selfish issue I have. 

Discord also does take up most of my time, and has sort of made me come to these forums less and less, but it's not like I can just abbandon discord and then move back here forever. It ain't "that easy".

1 minute ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

The little sip ins are pretty much just to get my oc to talk, and Elm has already missed all the important stuff everyone else was talking about. Plus he barely knows anyone, and everyone else know eachother from other rps and such, so while my oc is alienated to a seperate, "filler scene", everyone else is actually progress and interacting. Ain't really fun when your oc in shoved somewhere else, while everyone else actually gets involved within the plot and engage with one another (I had a whole ton of filler issues in other rps I used to be in, like HFTR and the hub, where my ocs would pretty much get shoved onto the sidelines all the time until events came around, where they'll just get shoved in somehow. Just like spam, I do sort of hate filler, but sometime filler has to happen to get things going...But too much of it isn't fun, and pretty much being "the only one" who almost, always get shoved onto the sidelines to do god knows what, I do quite hate filler. I'll accept it at times, but filler simply being there to alienate my oc from the others is a no no in my books. 

I should also mention that the reference thing and not reading through rps does not apply to only bowie's rps. I don't check many rps, like the strangely massive Synergy, the two dark sector rps and a lot of others, simply because I never took part in them, and hearing some references about them in other rps can be annoying, since I won't even get to know that reference without spending ages looking for it. References are a nice touch to rps, but simply shoving references in 24/7 and not knowing any of them because of not checking out the rp ain't too much fun for me personally, yet I do not want to read through over 500 pages just to find that one reference to a certain rp. Although references are fun, when you actually know what the reference is (hell, I used to make quite a lot of references before hand), but not so much when you have no idea what on earth that reference is about...Yea, it's some silly, selfish issue I have. 

Discord also does take up most of my time, and has sort of made me come to these forums less and less, but it's not like I can just abbandon discord and then move back here forever. It ain't "that easy".

Interacting with the other characters is how I got involved in this. This is my first RP in the entire forums here, but I'm managing to cling on because I make an effort to get involved and interact with the other characters. I'm not going to go any further on that point though because I need to go to bed. If you want, I could help brainstorm ways to get elm more involved, but my understanding of these posts is that doing that wouldn't really help.

I guess the main problem about the reference thing is that I don't really see that many? I've been able to follow the plot pretty easily so far, with only a few questions from my character about previous events. You could look for it ooc or slip an ic interaction in - "who's this [character] I keep hearing about?" kind of thing.

TL:DR: I understand your frustration and see ways to fix this while still being involved in the game, but I can see that's not what you want so I'm gonna drop that discussion

The offer still stands for something smaller on discord. you can pm me at candleassassin#8154 if you want to plan something.

19 minutes ago, rabbitsandroses said:

Interacting with the other characters is how I got involved in this. This is my first RP in the entire forums here, but I'm managing to cling on because I make an effort to get involved and interact with the other characters. I'm not going to go any further on that point though because I need to go to bed. If you want, I could help brainstorm ways to get elm more involved, but my understanding of these posts is that doing that wouldn't really help.

I guess the main problem about the reference thing is that I don't really see that many? I've been able to follow the plot pretty easily so far, with only a few questions from my character about previous events. You could look for it ooc or slip an ic interaction in - "who's this [character] I keep hearing about?" kind of thing.

TL:DR: I understand your frustration and see ways to fix this while still being involved in the game, but I can see that's not what you want so I'm gonna drop that discussion

The offer still stands for something smaller on discord. you can pm me at candleassassin#8154 if you want to plan something.

Well I do try and interact with other ocs, but it kind of appears daak has other plans. At the start my oc was made to go to the cargobay or something, while everyone else was at the bridge (Or were simply all together somewhere). And now my oc is in the cargo bay again, on a wild goose(s) chase, while everyone is having a plot heavy / important discussion or something, and Elm doesn't even get help from anyone, aside from a couple of rather useless operatives who have barely done anything to help Elm with the whole issue. I simply can't just capture all 6 crewmen within seconds, or else i'd be god modding or rushing, or doing something bad anyway. So in short, there's no way Elm can simply finish the scene quick enough to sort the issue out AND get back to the others. And I doubt nobody would want to give Elm a short summary on their discussion. I don't want to say stupid things, like "Daak doesn't care so much about Elm, so he throws him in a different scene just to get more time with everyone else's ocs).

The reference thing might not be such an issue with you, but for me, all these references sort of make me feel like i've missed out on a lot. Especially when I heard about Tavus' death, a character who was used in HFTR, jailbreak and the hub (and some other rps i've not taken part in), who was actually quite interesting, most likely got killed in a 2 page situation, and was given a death that he didn't deserve or something. Well, I dunno how he died and i'm not gonna scroll through 100 of pages just to find it, so I guess I should shove that to the sidelines. He might've got a good death, or a bad death, but who knows. And I know Tavus is daak's oc, but an oc which has strangely been so important in multiple rps should at least have a better death than being shot in the head without a final moment. 

Feels like i'm complaining about this rp in general now, which wasn't my purpose, buuut it seems like it happened

10 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Well I do try and interact with other ocs, but it kind of appears daak has other plans. At the start my oc was made to go to the cargobay or something, while everyone else was at the bridge (Or were simply all together somewhere). And now my oc is in the cargo bay again, on a wild goose(s) chase, while everyone is having a plot heavy / important discussion or something, and Elm doesn't even get help from anyone, aside from a couple of rather useless operatives who have barely done anything to help Elm with the whole issue. I simply can't just capture all 6 crewmen within seconds, or else i'd be god modding or rushing, or doing something bad anyway. So in short, there's no way Elm can simply finish the scene quick enough to sort the issue out AND get back to the others. And I doubt nobody would want to give Elm a short summary on their discussion. I don't want to say stupid things, like "Daak doesn't care so much about Elm, so he throws him in a different scene just to get more time with everyone else's ocs).

The reference thing might not be such an issue with you, but for me, all these references sort of make me feel like i've missed out on a lot. Especially when I heard about Tavus' death, a character who was used in HFTR, jailbreak and the hub (and some other rps i've not taken part in), who was actually quite interesting, most likely got killed in a 2 page situation, and was given a death that he didn't deserve or something. Well, I dunno how he died and i'm not gonna scroll through 100 of pages just to find it, so I guess I should shove that to the sidelines. He might've got a good death, or a bad death, but who knows. And I know Tavus is daak's oc, but an oc which has strangely been so important in multiple rps should at least have a better death than being shot in the head without a final moment. 

Feels like i'm complaining about this rp in general now, which wasn't my purpose, buuut it seems like it happened

Well, I tried to offer help. I'm sorry my ideas don't quite solve the issue you're describing. I see what you mean, but I really don't have any other ideas for how to help.

22 minutes ago, rabbitsandroses said:

Well, I tried to offer help. I'm sorry my ideas don't quite solve the issue you're describing. I see what you mean, but I really don't have any other ideas for how to help.

Well thanks anyway. I suppose if I do leave, then I should get Elm's filler scene over and done with, incase that filler scene actually has some importance, which I highly doubt.

edit: nvm. Decided to make my oc disappear. Sorry if this does look quite selfish, but it seems I shall take my leave here. Real life and some other issues like lack of interesting in posting within these forums and stuff like discord consuming most of my time sort of makes posting difficult, and my oc's already thrown onto the sidelines, and I don't think i'll enjoy playing "a side character" as much. Everyone else's ocs already have importance, while my oc is there just to make the rp more active

8 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Well thanks anyway. I suppose if I do leave, then I should get Elm's filler scene over and done with, incase that filler scene actually has some importance, which I highly doubt.

edit: nvm. Decided to make my oc disappear. Sorry if this does look quite selfish, but it seems I shall take my leave here. Real life and some other issues like lack of interesting in posting within these forums and stuff like discord consuming most of my time sort of makes posting difficult, and my oc's already thrown onto the sidelines, and I don't think i'll enjoy playing "a side character" as much. Everyone else's ocs already have importance, while my oc is there just to make the rp more active

Shame to see you go. Was hoping to get more face time with Elm. Either way, Happy RPing out there.

On 8/10/2017 at 10:58 AM, crimsonspartan1 said:

Alright, I understand. Real life gets in the way, and I've been burned out when it comes to things I like before. Sorry for not responding sooner, but real life got hectic for me.