Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fomorians & Razorbacks - Fun Event, or Annoying Intimidation?

Justin_Case001

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Fun, rewards?

Rewards, sure, and what rewards do we have here? A gun that anyone who did the original Eyes of Blight has, or Endo? Fun is highly subjective and doesn't have a manifest value. For me at least, I find actually having an effect on a game; rewards that have some value either to me or allies; or doing something impressive as 'fun'. I have already done the whole fight Balor cores then with abilities being disabled because 'why not?', and watching people undermine my efforts for sick humor or of course, as you said, have it be a totally wasted effort due to possible scripted events. How does one find fun in something that they have already failed in their eyes and earned the rewards for otherwise?

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

How does one find fun in something that they have already failed in their eyes and earned the rewards for otherwise?

Beats me, I already said that I don't care whether the outcome is preordained or not; I have zero interest in participating because it's not enjoyable. Assuming the community does affect the result, individual contributions are neither discernible or rewarding, so if the grind itself isn't satisfying I'm going to do something else.

EDIT: My assumption is that these "events" reoccur to give new players a chance at the weapon as well as to provide the "illusion" of a dynamic world.

Edited by (PS4)Elvenbane

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Beats me, I already said that I don't care whether the outcome is preordained or not; I have zero interest in participating because it's not enjoyable. Assuming the community does affect the result, individual contributions are neither discernible or rewarding, so if the grind itself isn't satisfying I'm going to do something else.

EDIT: My assumption is that these "events" reoccur to give new players a chance at the weapon as well as to provide the "illusion" of a dynamic world.

It's not an illusion lol. DE has blown up relays before when we didn't take down the Fomorian fast enough... and yes, people really did let it happen on purpose, a lot of people, for science. They could have stopped it if they really tried. It is not preordained. 

And those relays are still not back, and DE is eventually planning a reconstruction event for them. 

25 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It's not an illusion lol. DE has blown up relays before when we didn't take down the Fomorian fast enough... and yes, people really did let it happen on purpose, a lot of people, for science. They could have stopped it if they really tried. It is not preordained. 

And those relays are still not back, and DE is eventually planning a reconstruction event for them. 

DE removed half of the original 6 entirely redundant relays, and nothing of real value was lost, those are the only facts I have at my disposal. If those lost relays return and are exactly the same as the 3 we already have, that's going to be one disappointing outcome.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

DE removed half of the original 6 entirely redundant relays, and nothing of real value was lost, those are the only facts I have at my disposal. If those lost relays return and are exactly the same as the 3 we already have, that's going to be one disappointing outcome.

The formere will destroy orcus, we need protect this, because baron is the reward also sindicate, darvo, simaris and beleve me they want destroy all repeaters, they sayin that during Eyes of Blight, we losed a lot beacuse of people thinking to much. 

We a have DE really crazy, people beacause if we lose this mean a loooot of bad things

This event mean DE VS Comunity and they are really smart thinking how forcing they crazy plans on us!!! this is an attack, a lot os things are concording with this and is not a casuality.

Edited by 8karate7

i might care about this event and its horrible drop rates if the weapon was anything other then mr fodder. all this means to me is that im going to need to wait one extra weapon before hitting mr 30 when ever that roles around.

1 hour ago, Wrum said:

i might care about this event and its horrible drop rates if the weapon was anything other then mr fodder. all this means to me is that im going to need to wait one extra weapon before hitting mr 30 when ever that roles around.

If Imperator Vandal was a stand out for Archguns it'd probably be a different story...

But then again Archwing is everyone's favorite whipping boy - so even if the Formorians dropped the absolute best archgun in the game it'd still be called MR fodder.

5 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

The only real screw up with the Fomorian is that it's not straddling a weekend.

Thats not the only screw up... the stupidly low drop rate on receiver (yes I know a few have lucked into in '1 run' but many haven't) is another one and imo a bigger issue than it being in the week. 

Yep yep. I have basically done over 50 runs of fomorian without receiving a single receiver. I have 7 blueprints and 6 barrels and I can't trade them for the receiver because it is an unfair trade, considering the price point. I also tried to do a trade before I actually checked the rarity of the receiver, which resulted immediately in some hate/insulting private messages from a fellow player in the process.

However, I do think that it is unfair for the people like me who are not so lucky with the receiver. Thinking about the cost in materials during 50+ runs and not getting the receiver, then getting fed up with the grind and maybe considering buying the part, but it costs a minimum of 100plat and even more. So in the end the price will be quite high in both materials and in platinum if you happen to have the worst of luck.

How is this fair?

Edited by runx0

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Thats not the only screw up... the stupidly low drop rate on receiver (yes I know a few have lucked into in '1 run' but many haven't) is another one and imo a bigger issue than it being in the week. 

Just do what I did... hop onto trade and go:

WTB [Imperator] Receiver 50:platinum: PST

or whatever price you want to ask for it.  If you pay more than 100 plat, you got ripped off.

8 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

If you pay more than 100 plat, you got ripped off.

But we shouldn't NEED to pay plat when there is an event running which drops it..... the only reason it's not dropping is because DE decided to make the drop rate 2% which is starting to look more like it's to push people to use plat to get it rather than anything else. 

The receiver should be at the same drop rate as the other parts but no.....

6 hours ago, LSG501 said:

But we shouldn't NEED to pay plat when there is an event running which drops it..... the only reason it's not dropping is because DE decided to make the drop rate 2% which is starting to look more like it's to push people to use plat to get it rather than anything else. 

The receiver should be at the same drop rate as the other parts but no.....

Look at it this way: You're voting with your platinum to watch the station burn =D

On 27/06/2017 at 10:45 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

But now I feel pressured to do so, because I rather like that relay (and relays in general), and don't want it destroyed.  I don't care for this aspect of the game at all.  I do not like being strong-armed into playing what the community, or DE, wants me to play.  "Play what we tell you to play, or we will permanently remove part of your game"?  Is that really what's happening, here?  To me, this isn't fun--it's intimidation.

Orcus relay is identical to the other 2 relay.

Even if it was the last relay, DE will never erase a part of the game - they don't erase unfinished and bugged parts, why do you think they'd erase something functional? DE is just saying they'll hold their breath forever if you don't attack the fomorian; how can you be fooled by such a cheap trick?

I don't know why anyone should care about fomorian.

14 hours ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

Orcus relay is identical to the other 2 relay.

Even if it was the last relay, DE will never erase a part of the game - they don't erase unfinished and bugged parts, why do you think they'd erase something functional? DE is just saying they'll hold their breath forever if you don't attack the fomorian; how can you be fooled by such a cheap trick?

I don't know why anyone should care about fomorian.

We've had Relays blown up in the past, and I've no doubt Orcus would get blown up if the Fomorian got to it. We also know that the items for a Relay rebuild event are in the game's files already, so it'd be possible to get them back if they reduced us to one or no Relays. So, really, it's just a matter of waiting until Vay Hek obliterates enough Relays for DE to add something different in their place.

That said, I personally enjoy participating in the event purely for the feeling that we're actually making an impact on the in-game universe, and fighting back an actual, dynamic threat as opposed to the invisible "big bads" that don't exist outside of quests or missions.

Edited by EmissaryOfInfinity

3 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

We've had Relays blown up in the past, and I've no doubt Orcus would get blown up if the Fomorian got to it.

OK. And?

There were 6 copies of Glast and Simaris, now there are 3 copies, and maybe one day there will be only 2 or even 1. So what? As long as there is 1 copy, it doesn't make any difference.

We also know that the items for a Relay rebuild event are in the game's files already, so it'd be possible to get them back if they reduced us to one or no Relays. So, really, it's just a matter of waiting until Vay Hek obliterates enough Relays for DE to add something different in their place.

lol.

So instead of correcting bugs or balancing the game or creating enjoyable operator gameplay, they create useless content. Just in case they no one fights the fomorian, and no one fights the one after, and no one fights the one after, and in case DE doesn't have any time to re-fit the fomorian between each attack.

Seriously, how can anyone be that naive?

DE will create the content to replace relays when they'll plan to replace relay. Before that, there's nothing you can do to destroy relays, and when the replacement will be ready, there's nothing you'll be able to do to protect relays.

14 hours ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

-snip-

Having events where people feel like they're actually affecting the world of the game is an excellent idea, and actually saving a Relay is a great way to get people to feel like that. There's no need to be so defeatist or contrarian about the whole deal, and I get the feeling you're only here to irritate people.

As to your comment about DE completely taking things out of the hands of the players, what would be the point of that? In fact, why demonize DE like that to begin with? They've made a point in the past of involving the community in the development and direction of Warframe, yet you think that they'd just make a hamfisted attempt at an event that players have no actual involvement in the outcome of? There've been loads of events of that sort in the past, and there'll be more to come.

And on top of that, DE wouldn't need to "destroy" a Relay to replace it later on. They could just kick everyone from it temporarily, and load in the newer version. No need to make people feel like they've failed to protect something they care about (regardless of whether you specifically care about them, many other people do).