Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'd like the correct mission type please

NinjaZeku

So, today there was (actually still is right now) a Dock vs Twink Dera Vandal Stock vs Twin Vipers Wraith Link Invasion.

Eh, why not I says, gonna side with the Grineer because I have like 5 Dera sets already :P

The mission type is ... ah, Defense. Yeah sure, why not. Let's-a go!

Load into the mission (as a Client because I don't want to subject anyone to my hosting), and it's ... a Survival.
Well that's just a tad annoying, not least with me not really having picked the most Survival-suitable Loadout.

Whatever, we finish the mission, I chalk this weirdness up to the mission type having changed from Survival to Defense
shortly before I clicked and thus I loaded into an "old" Squad that was still on Survival. Or something.

Alas, third time's the charm with Invasions, so second run ahoy. Now it says Exterminate.
Which ... kinda shouldn't be the case, the Survival took ~10 minutes so it should still be on Defense
if the mission type switches every 15 minutes and it switched just shortly before I did the first run.

But whatevs, let's do this Exterminate. I join a Squad in an in-progress ... Survival.

Wat.

No seriously, wat.

(Third run finally was the proper, as-advertised Exterminate.)

TL;DR - whether or not the shown mission type for Invasions is actually what you end up with in-mission appears utterly random.

Please administer some kind of stabilizing agent kthx.

The assumption is, that this issue is related to the matchmaking system.

Since the node doesn't change, it will attempt you to place into any open node that fulfills the criteria, which seem to be limited to "specific node" and "Invasion: Yes / No" regardless of what the mission type ends up with.

Since Survival generally take longer to complete, my assumption is, that there was an overflow of open survival missions left and you simply got unlucky with the placement.

But yes, this could potentially be adressed by adding onto the matchmaking criteria.

But as far as I see it, it isn't a bug but an experience of an unrefined matchmaking system... unless it is already intended to include the criteria of the actuall invasion mission type.

My personal test experience of doing 3x of one side did not confirm the bug so far, but that does not necesarly mean that it is non-existant, just that I didn't get the same result, therefore further reader of this thread should if possible provide further experience into this thread if possible.