Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's sacrifice Orcus

Chewarette

8 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Hey guys.

Y'all know that this Imperator Vandal Receiver seems to be lost in the complete darkness of the Void with abysmally low drop rate. Due to that, and in a community spirit, I would suggest we let the Fomorian destroy Orcus, in order to give some time to the Tennos that are willing to farm for the Imperator Vandal.

The rewards are awarded even with no damage done to the core. You can perfectly tag, activate the Disruptor, then AFK for the rest of the mission.

Orcus is useless (except it makes <MR8 people crying when Baro goes there). Maybe it would even send a great message to DE about this droprate.

Let Daddy Vay Hek get what he wants, for once !

Why not just argue to make drop rates higher? It would be better for the PC community overall.

6 hours ago, Jackviator said:

Oh look, another one of these "let it burn" threads.

Nah. Let's not do that. If for no other reason than the cynical part of me (aka all of me) is thinking @Skaleek is right and it'll end up negatively impacting the playerbase; I don't want to disrupt the visits of the Baron of Salt and whatnot.

But how will it disrupt Baro's visits ? I'm sure he'll still come once every 2 weeks if we only had 1 relay...

6 hours ago, Slarg232 said:

I'm actually really enjoying the Fomorian mode for the Archwing. Could use some tweeks (though I feel like Archwing in general could as well), and being longer, but it's actually really fun if you aren't going in there with unmodded A-Wing equipment.

That's boring if you're not bringing Velocitus.

Anyway, that's a game mode where you're getting slowed by Nets (except if you get around the Zeplins), then you hit motionless stuff, then you have to hit another motionless stuff without access to any of your spells (so you could come with unmodded Amesha or fully-modded Itzal, that's the same), and you cannot even shoot during the full 30 second window because no Arch-weapon can sustain a 30-second open fire window. So you have an "AFK-period" for reloading, or you can still spam and shoot once every 2 seconds.

Oh and I forgot to talk about the mobs that slow you down until you kill them.

Not really the kind of "fun" we can expect on a fast-paced game. Just translate this mission into a ground mission :

- 50% of door will automatically be locked

- Arctic Eximii everywhere slowing you down

- Shoot a motionless boss while being stuck in a huge nullifier's bubble

- Runaway.

Everyone would complain about this kind of missions. Don't ever try to say otherwise.

10 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Would having Orcus blow up actually make any kind of difference to anyone but the players? I'm confused about inactivity on a mission as somehow "sending a message".

Boycotting stuff is always a message. DE wouldn't want to face the situation where no Relay is alive, so one day they'll end up correcting the stupid drop rates, maybe.

That's a message of "we don't agree". If lots of people boycott this mission, that means lots of people disagree with the insane intensive farm for this weapon.

Or DE just won't listen and then we're shafted one more relay, because the community decided to be rock stupid and throw a fit about a low drop rate on a mission that only takes a few minutes. If it all dropped into your laps you'd probably stop doing the mission anyway, because you have your shiny, so you not longer care. The low drop rate is a method to get you to repeat the mission in order to burn down the fomorian. It's honestly something I can somewhat agree with. Should the drop rate be bumped up? Mmm... maybe just a tad, but don't make it too easy or else no one will care anyway.

Instead of sitting down and pitching a fit while saying "Let it burn!" how about you complete the event like you should, THEN give feedback after going through the event. If you went through the original one, then that'll make your feedback much more valid. All letting the relay get detonated will do is mark off one more social hub, one more Baro destination, and show how petty the player base can be. But whatever, I guess. Things will go how they do, and if the relay gets detonated, everyone will blame the "boycotters" and then more fits get thrown. Oh boy... *fake enthusiasm*

Edited by MelanyAliste

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

Boycotting stuff is always a message. DE wouldn't want to face the situation where no Relay is alive

Again, y tho? Relays being around are an asset to the players and that's it. If we're all dedicated enough to let them burn, then we'd all have to really not want Relays, and that's the message that'd be sent. To have that message be "fix the droprates" is just really unrelated to the method you suggest for voicing that concern. A strike from playing free event content on our own leisure time? I'm sure I wouldn't be losing sleep over this as a developer.

EDIT: Also, Tenno, for shame. Why on Earth would you let the Relays face sure annihilation from an evil we can prevent, just because you haven't gotten get that shiny green gun you want?

That's a message of "we don't agree". If lots of people boycott this mission, that means lots of people disagree with the insane intensive farm for this weapon.

To realize what your idea is asking, we need to get some perspective on "lots" and on "we". How much of the playerbase do you think would need to be in on this for developers to even notice people weren't playing it in the first place? (Much less trying to figure out why.) 20% of players? 30%? If that's our number, that's still millions of active players across multiple platforms and languages and regions of the world. A handful of people on the Forums doing this "boycott" wouldn't be noticed.

And looking at "we", you have to take a guess at just how many people would be on board with you. (Try not to give yourself a false consensus effect.) The first time I saw a Fomorian, I had no idea what Vandal anything was. I just saw it as a new space battle mission that could potentially give lots of credits all at once. If you had flown up alongside me back then and started complaining that the droprate of parts from an incredibly rare weapon were too low, that would have been the first I heard of the Imperator Vandal. My response would not have been a Tac Alert hunger strike; instead, I would have played that mission many more times than I did in hopes of getting parts for that weapon. I guarantee you I am not alone in this thinking.

Edited by SenorClipClop

That's boring if you're not bringing Velocitus.

Anyway, that's a game mode where you're getting slowed by Nets (except if you get around the Zeplins), then you hit motionless stuff, then you have to hit another motionless stuff without access to any of your spells (so you could come with unmodded Amesha or fully-modded Itzal, that's the same), and you cannot even shoot during the full 30 second window because no Arch-weapon can sustain a 30-second open fire window. So you have an "AFK-period" for reloading, or you can still spam and shoot once every 2 seconds.

Oh and I forgot to talk about the mobs that slow you down until you kill them.

Not really the kind of "fun" we can expect on a fast-paced game. Just translate this mission into a ground mission :

- 50% of door will automatically be locked

- Arctic Eximii everywhere slowing you down

- Shoot a motionless boss while being stuck in a huge nullifier's bubble

- Runaway.

Everyone would complain about this kind of missions. Don't ever try to say otherwise.

Say what YOU want, but I can perfectly avoid the Zeplin's without even slowing down so that's a non-issue when someone knows what their doing.

Also, how is "You have to reload" any different than ANY ground mission? This doesn't make any sense......

And yeah, they're stationary targets. But I'd rather shoot at stationary targets than EVER go through the bullS#&amp;&#036; that was Vay Hek again.

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

To realize what your idea is asking, we need to get some perspective on "lots" and on "we". How much of the playerbase do you think would need to be in on this for developers to even notice people weren't playing it in the first place? (Much less trying to figure out why.) 20% of players? 30%? If that's our number, that's still millions of active players across multiple platforms and languages and regions of the world. A handful of people on the Forums doing this "boycott" wouldn't be noticed.

And looking at "we", you have to take a guess at just how many people would be on board with you. (Try not to give yourself a false consensus effect.) The first time I saw a Fomorian, I had no idea what Vandal anything was. I just saw it as a new space battle mission that could potentially give lots of credits all at once. If you had flown up alongside me back then and started complaining that the droprate of parts from an incredibly rare weapon were too low, that would have been the first I heard of the Imperator Vandal. My response would not have been a Tac Alert hunger strike; instead, I would have played that mission many more times than I did in hopes of getting parts for that weapon. I guarantee you I am not alone in this thinking.

Well, it seems that DE is still caring about player's activities. They changed the Sortie Generation a few months ago when they saw the huge drop in participation when Sorties were 3x endlesses so...

Furthermore, I don't think we need "millions", as you said. First, 26M accounts does not mean 26M players. Second, the Fomorian lost 30% of its HP the first day, and that's a 4 day event. Keep in mind that Rhino/Mag Prime are here since yesterday and Harrow may arrive today or tomorrow, added to the people getting their Vandal or just getting bored, the participation will naturally drop. I think that even without an official boycott, we won't be that in advance to save the Relay anyway...

Again, I have nothing against farming (that would be weird to play Warframe then). But the way this Tactical Alert works is not fine, at all. You have to rush all missions intensively because it's a short period : 4 days every 6-8 months. Even worse for this event because it popped on Monday so no week-end period unlike Razorback. Then, the mission itself is not particularly pleasing, that's a dumb straight rush with little to no strategy and you don't even need a particular setup, set of skills, mods of whatever. That's like farming 2% stuff on a Rescue missions, I'm sure we'd all stop after the first 3 runs.

These kind of missions/alerts are supposed to give the rewards quite fast, as Razorback did with the Gorgon W (after hotfix). Primary reward should be awarded quite fast, then the Secondary rewards are here to give people an incentive to continue the farming, "just in case". Razorback farm was justified by the Puncture/Archwing mods and Kronia. Fomorian farm should've awarded the Vandal quite fast then the farm would've been justified by Orcus and another reward.

"Forcing" (inb4 "DE does not point a gun to your head" nonsense) people to intensively farm an event in which you're nearly sure you won't have the only reward can only lead to frustration. You spent 4 days farming the Fomorian 50 times a day and didn't get the Imperator ? Suck it, try again next year !

Well, that's my point of view though.

Just to clarify : I don't really care about this Imperator Vandal. I still haven't leveled tons of weapons including very accessible ones (some syndicates or Archwing I don't care about) and I'm not looking forward the MR24 at all, not even trying. I'm also pretty sure this weapon is S#&amp;&#036; anyway so I wouldn't be using it at any time. But i just don't like the fact that DE could pop with 2-days event with exclusive 0.02% rewards and people would just be completely satisfied. That's the same problem I have with Frost Prime being given with Twitch Prime, I don't care about him but I don't like the principle of DE starting to sell you stuff through other companies and I'm afraid of them expanding this system.

Edited by Chewarette

Got the rewards, Have the imperator vandal , Don't care about the contractors after the job is done. Why? We are mercenaries, we don't intrude the personal lives of our contractors. If Vay Hek wanna fights me bring 'em on. Already have killed that pouty mouth enough times for arcanes and rivens.

Edited by SharkPot

9 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

let's be real here:

as long as people need Endo, the Relays aren't going anywhere. vets may not wanna do Formorian runs, but there's an army of Newbies out there with a thirst for Endo and the need to level Archwing gear. Orcus isn't going anywhere.

The need to level archwing, thats something i have not heard for a long time. Archwing is so far from the core game it could be another DE title.

18 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Then let them. If they want to do things to deliberately drive their player base away, then let them do it. They'll be hurting themselves in the process. And let's be clear about something: when it comes to DE vs the community, DE will always budge when there's a great enough threat of people withholding their money. They wouldn't have disclosed drop rates if the community hadn't been up in arms over the treatment of VoiD_Glitch over on Reddit. DE wouldn't have even be open to such an idea had people not gotten angry to the point of threatening to leave the game and stop pouring money in. So, DE won't hurt us that much.

DE wants you to fight for the relays, they will find a way to motivate you to do so. Whether or not its the carrot or the stick remains to be seen.

Edited by Skaleek

31 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

DE wants you to fight for the relays, they will find a way to motivate you to do so. Whether or not its the carrot or the stick remains to be seen.

Nah, they won't motivate me. The only thing that'll motivate me is if they actually improve the gameplay, flesh it out, make it immersive, and give me more things to do in the environment (i.e. vehicles, enemy aircraft, multi-objective missions, etc). And if they try to "use the stick", then I'll just walk away. They're not going to punish me for not fighting for their relay. Let's be perfectly clear: DE only has a carrot to use. They don't have a stick to use. They have NOTHING to use that will actually punish players to the extent that it'll force them to run this Balor Fomorian event over and over and over again.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

10 hours ago, Chewarette said:

But how will it disrupt Baro's visits ? I'm sure he'll still come once every 2 weeks if we only had 1 relay

That was just one hypothetical example. Still, alright, let's say that specific thing doesn't happen. This would still end up negatively affecting people with lower-end PCs or bad network connections, as others have said previously in the thread. People sometimes use Orcus because of the lower player-count on average. Less stuff for their machines to load, shorter load times and higher FPS, etc.

So basically, if nothing else, let's not inadvertently punish people for the crime of not being able to afford better PCs or connections. 

Edited by Jackviator

22 hours ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

This message can roughly be translated has :

"Let allow our enemy to kill a thousand of our dear people by destroying this relay because we're not getting what we want"

I mean, the thought behind it is okay-ish.
But story-wise I'm left speechless at this decision.

I think it's hilarious

On 2017-6-27 at 5:33 PM, Skaleek said:

You know DE will find a way to hurt us if we do that. Watch they'll say "well baro wanted to come, but his destination was not there, so he's mia for another 2 weeks"

Well, they might do that to you, but a bloody free 2 play won't hold me at ransom.