Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(*Updated to video, no FB link) New spooky Harrow trailer!! Welp who's pumped? (Caution trailer is vary loud)

44 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Who says they weren't born from us thus why he refers to us as void demons... It could be what becomes of those whom give into the void insanity.

I've been speculating for a long time now that the side effect of being void-enhanced child super-soldiers facing the trauma of endless war has created some very nasty side effects...

The Tenno Subconscious (Freud's I'd) or Collective Unconscious (Jung)  as a whole could be creating/having very nasty side effects:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_Planet

Are you/we Stalker?

We have more power now, but what does it mean now that the Margulis safeguards are down?

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Are you/we Stalker?

No please no. That would be too cliche. We've seen that "Mysterious villain turns out to be a manifestation of the hero's dark side/thoughts/past" trope too many times already.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

I would rather see DE go for either real demons from the plane; actual non-human elder gods stuff

OR

the dead trapped souls in there posess the crew on the Zariman.

The real question is: why were adults and children not affected in the same way?

13 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

No please no. That would be too cliche. We've seen that "Mysterious villain turns out to be a manifestation of the hero's dark side/thoughts/past" trope too many times already.

Because angry (dead?) guy trapped in a Gimp suit with "jilted lover" syndrome is so much better...*eyeroll* lol.

Sorry, I like my possibility better.

10 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I would rather see DE go for either real demons from the plane; actual non-human elder gods stuff

OR

the dead trapped souls in there posess the crew on the Zariman.

The real question is: why were adults and children not affected in the same way?

Real Demons?  Not so much enthusiasm from me...

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Real Demons?  Not so much enthusiasm from me...

Why not? Everyone treats the Void as a holy place.

And by demons I of course mean creatures of the Void, not human religious demons.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Because angry (dead?) guy trapped in a Gimp suit with "jilted lover" syndrome is so much better...*eyeroll* lol.

That's a scenario you just made up, I never said anything like that would be good. Compared to that rehashed "Dark reflection" concept used in every film though, it's pretty much gold.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Sorry, I like my possibility better.

It's not your possibility. It's a scenario that has been used time and time again by writers who prefer being lazy and can't be asked to write something interesting.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

9 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Compare the figure with red on chest and face with this. Look at elbows waist and shoulder.

Is it not Harrow?

quest2.jpg

Hmm, could be. I can't help but notice a few different things when I look at the thing though.

1 hour ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

5wQI9AI.png

His helmet is definitely different. His shoulders seem to have extra bits on them and there's that glowing thing on his chest.

15 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

I think it's because children can adapt better than adults. That is probably how they didn't go insane.

Something along these lines...the energy made us more "of the void" rather than corrupted/driven insane BY the Void.

Each Tenno may be a walking "Void Rift" or our very own Void dominated by a single personslitypersonality (scary implications).

52 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

That's a scenario you just made up, I never said anything like that would be good. Compared to that rehashed "Dark reflection" concept used in every film though, it's pretty much gold.

It's not your possibility. It's a scenario that has been used time and time again by writers who prefer being lazy and can't be asked to write something interesting.

Lazy?  News flash.  Everything's been done.  The best new "innovative" stuff is just new versions/twists/spins on age-old themes and archetypes.

Your "trope" argument is so cliche that you don't even see it.  You don't have to like my idea, but I do.

It's easy to churn out product from the "poo-poo it" factory.  Lol

And your "every film" hyperbole gets your point across.

Reading comprehension: Possibility as in: "I like this possibility vs that one..."MY" possibility"...laf.

I respect your opinion.  

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Something along these lines...the energy made us more "of the void" rather than corrupted/driven insane BY the Void.

Probably involved some sort of emotional trauma that adults were not able to recover from. It's still unknown what exactly the Void is anyway. 

Just now, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Lazy?  News flash.  Everything's been done.

So that automatically means that it's not lazy to use a concept that is used when the writers can't write interesting motivations or backstories for the villains? Also, no. Everything has not been done. Imagination is limitless. Only cynical/lazy people believe every concept has been explored.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Your "trope" argument is so cliche that you don't even see it.  

Complaining about cliche tropes, is not cliche. Also trying to accuse me of being cliche when you are bringing forth the most overused concept since Nazi Zombies, is not really going to work.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You don't have to like my idea, but I do.

It's not your idea. It's an idea that has been used in media, poetry and various other forms of entertainment throughout recent history. It's an overused Enemy Within trope. You just plucked it from the many fictions that you've seen use it.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

It's easy to churn out product from the "poo-poo it" factory.  Lol

Whatever that means.

10 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Probably involved some sort of emotional trauma that adults were not able to recover from. It's still unknown what exactly the Void is anyway. 

Well if the Void Relics give us any hints than it is a realm where quantum physics and mechanics work in the macro scale.

And considering quantum physics and mechanics is quite mind bending in how it functions... I can safely say it might drive the average person insane where as a child whom is still mentally flexible might be able to adapt to a degree... But we were still "broken" in the end.

Imagine trying to live in a world where merely blinking can completely change an object, or looking away then back a block of steel becomes a block of flesh... The implications are rather disturbing.

Edited by SilvaDreams

6 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

I can safely say it might drive the average person insane where as a child whom is still mentally flexible might be able to adapt to a degree... But we were still "broken" in the end.

Broken in what way? Our Operators don't seem to display anything that would make us think they're mentally unhinged in anyway. That is if you don't count the relentless slaughtering we do every day to Grineer and Corpus.

8 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Imagine trying to live in a world where merely blinking can completely change an object, or looking away then back a block of steel becomes a block of flesh... The implications are rather disturbing.

For an adult definitely. But for a child, it's probably a whole different thing. After all, the children of the Zariman were apparently laughing and playing while the adults were swallowed by the abyss.

10 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Broken in what way? Our Operators don't seem to display anything that would make us think they're mentally unhinged in anyway. That is if you don't count the relentless slaughtering we do every day to Grineer and Corpus.

For an adult definitely. But for a child, it's probably a whole different thing. After all, the children of the Zariman were apparently laughing and playing while the adults were swallowed by the abyss.

Well that was a bit of my point, a child is more apt to adapt but seven years of hunting our parents and isolation on a ship drifting in the void is going to leave many a bit unstable mentally.

Some may have been better than others in the end when discovered. But remember Margalis had also been helping the children to adapt after.

Also just because the children were laughing and playing doesn't mean they weren't becoming un-hindged. Have you ever been to a mental ward? Many will be laughing, giggling and playing games if they aren't medicated into a bit of a stupor so more easily handled.

Edited by SilvaDreams

3 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Well that was a bit of my point, a child is more apt to adapt but seven years of hunting our parents and isolation on a ship drifting in the void is going to leave many a bit unstable mentally.

Probably. But children tend to suppress bad memories like that with good ones. Like when we were doing the War Within it's clear that the children became one big family. If they didn't have each other it's probable that they would have gone mad. Speaking of which, Rell did get cast out of the group by that one guy and Harrow's quest seems to revolve around that. It's clear somethings gone wrong with him. "He suffers while you dream". Very interesting.

30 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

So that automatically means that it's not lazy to use a concept that is used when the writers can't write interesting motivations or backstories for the villains? Also, no. Everything has not been done. Imagination is limitless. Only cynical/lazy people believe every concept has been explored.

Complaining about cliche tropes, is not cliche. Also trying to accuse me of being cliche when you are bringing forth the most overused concept since Nazi Zombies, is not really going to work.

It's not your idea. It's an idea that has been used in media, poetry and various other forms of entertainment throughout recent history. It's an overused Enemy Within trope. You just plucked it from the many fictions that you've seen use it.

Whatever that means.

It means I think it is more fun to contribute to the speculation and arena of ideas rather than those who consistently point out why they don't like "this or that for x reasons".

"Most overused concept since Nazi Zombies"...We get it, you like to get your point across with Hyperbole.

Originality these days comes in execution not concept.

But I digress.  I'm off to work and anything further from me will derail  OP's thread.  Thanks.

Just now, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

We get it, you like to get your point across with Hyperbole.

It's not hyperbole.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Originality these days comes in execution not concept.

Then you clearly don't look very hard for new concepts.

3 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Is it a void tear or burning void"tree" in there?

And I just saw grineer dead on the floor. Then, this is Steel Meridian right?

Is is possibly void corruption?

There is a burning tree in what appears to be a Void Tower. 

Yes those were probably Steel Meridian soldiers, since our first destination is apparently a ship belonging to that faction currently in silent orbit around Earth.

I think it's more to do with Rell than the Void itself. But then again, we won't know until we play it. I speculate that since we were in stasis for a while, Rell is now an adult.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

Recall that a burning tree is part of the imagery of the Red Veil chamber.

More and more, I am in favour of the theory (floated by a redditor) that the Syndicate rooms in the Relays are actually holographic projections in otherwise empty rooms, transmitted from the true home bases of the Syndicates. It explains why the Syndicate chambers are the same in each Relay, how the same leaders are present at each one, and how stuff like Cephalon Suda's room works.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

More and more, I am in favour of the theory (floated by a redditor) that the Syndicate rooms in the Relays are actually holographic projections in otherwise empty rooms, 

Wait...so that means Cephalon's Suda's false hologram is a false hologram of a false hologram? Inception.

Joking aside I think that it's the same situation as the bosses in that it is purely a gameplay reason that the Syndicate leaders are in every relay. The same way the bosses never die no matter how many times you kill them.