Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(*Updated to video, no FB link) New spooky Harrow trailer!! Welp who's pumped? (Caution trailer is vary loud)

4 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

You can see textures and props corresponding to the derelict tileset in the trailer. There's no reason to believe that a derelict tower would be suddenly pulled back into the void.

Who says there aren't derelicts IN the Void? Or that something hasn't corrupted a pre-existing Tower.

DE have told us we need to unlock a certain part of the Void, so it seems obvious to me that we're going there for this quest.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Because apparently it was unclear last time:

LOL...no. (To the bolded statement.)

You don't believe Dead space is based on Event Horizon? Even though both feature a crew going onto a big ship, finding out the crew went insane and they start to go insane themselves, then the main protagonist gets betrayed, then they have to destroy the thing that's making everyone go crazy.

You really can't see any similarities? 

Literally the only difference is that there are no Necromorphs in Event Horizon and it's an ancient artefact causing everyone to go insane as opposed to the ship itself.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

5 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

You don't believe Dead space is based on Event Horizon? Even though both feature a crew going onto a big ship, finding out the crew went insane and they start to go insane themselves, then the main protagonist gets betrayed, then they have to destroy the thing that's making everyone go crazy.

Literally the only difference is that there are no Neceomorphs in Event Horizon, if you don't count Weir.

Thematically, all that DeadSpace and Event Horizon have in common is that they are 'ghost ship' stories in space. Event Horizon is eldritch, occult horror, while DeadSpace is a weird take on zombies which is secretly a Lovecraftian encounter story, complete with sanity blasting revelation.

11 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Literally the only difference is that there are no Necromorphs in Event Horizon and it's an ancient artefact causing everyone to go insane as opposed to the ship itself.

I mean... you give me a few hours (I have better use of my time, but hypothetically), I'll bet I could find dozens of movies, books or games that have themes similar enough to fairly closely fit the plot and setting you are talking about. 

Expand spaceship to "any ship including seaship" and you have probably hundreds of similar stories.

I wouldn't disagree they have some similarities, but you generally need a pretty strong connection, or a creator saying so, to say something is actually intentionally based on another already told story.

Nothing new under the sun, as the say, every story is just a retelling of another story in a different way with different characters. Event Horizon is just using a plot that's been used in movies and books on boats and ships at sea long before people started writing about space travel. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Thematically, all that DeadSpace and Event Horizon have in common is that they are 'ghost ship' stories in space.

Dead Space is just Even Horizon being run through the Find-and-Replace tool a few times and adding a few other elementa. They both share eldritch and occult themes.

9 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Dead Space is just Even Horizon being run through the Find-and-Replace tool a few times and adding a few other elementa. They both share eldritch and occult themes.

As I pointed out, when you boil them down that far, what becomes apparent is not that DeadSpace is Event Horizon-as-a-game, it is that they are both 'freaky ghost ship in space' stories. At that level, DeadSpace owes just as much to Alien and Lovecraft as it does to Event Horizon.

12 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Meh, the trailer is okay. Not really as scary as everyone makes it out to be. Anyone can create some flickering red lights and blood writing on the wall, which is basically the template for creating easy horror. I've definitely seen worse. Still, looking forward to the lore.

You say that like it's a good thing.

It is a good thing, for me :3

i :heart:Dead space 1,2 and 3

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

My jealousy fuels my hatred for my PC cousins right now.  More so since I can't post in their thread.

Totally acceptable in this situation, right?

I HATE YOU MY PC BRETHREN...I HATE YOU!!!

It's cool mang. We'll tell you all about it over the weekend.

Actually, is that a major annoyance? Not the bit about waiting for updated mechanics or weapons, but plot spoilers arriving on PC up to a month before consoles?

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

It's cool mang. We'll tell you all about it over the weekend.

Actually, is that a major annoyance? Not the bit about waiting for updated mechanics or weapons, but plot spoilers arriving on PC up to a month before consoles?

Yes because I am weak...Unlike my Tenno hero, based on my daughter, I can't resist drinking the Spoilerific Kuva, salty tears flowing as my addiction grabs hold once more.

It tastes soooo good going down, but then the shame and regret...

aww who the eff am I kidding!  Gimme me my fix!  I need it! 

LOREHOUNDS NEED THEIR LORE FIX!  GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!

NNNOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

N--*passes out*