Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime cosmetics

ZectorV1

Can we please have them separated from prime access. Im not willing to pay $40 for a bunch of stuff i already have just because i really want the targis prime armor set. I understand it on release, but its more like a punishment towards old players with the unvaulting access. Its a giant kick in the crotch that directly punishes the players for having the frames in the access.

Just now, Zectorcop said:

Can we please have them separated from prime access. Im not willing to pay $40 for a bunch of stuff i already have just because i really want the targis prime armor set. I understand it on release, but its more like a punishment towards old players with the unvaulting access. Its a giant kick in the crotch that directly punishes the players for having the frames in the access.

It was stated before, on previous Prime Vault, that it would be unfair. I honestly don't share this point of view. Yeah, i've paid 50$ for Targis, but also got cool sugatra and 2 90-days boosters that I've made good use of but I'm not against people having to pay like 15-20$ for shiny stuff. I've got it earlier too.

This makes me sad, as yes many people have been asking for this for a while now.

These'res nothing I need this go around but next time if the Edo Prime was included I'd want that. 

But not so much that I'd spend $40-60usd just to get it along with duplicate items of whatever Frame(s) and weapons it gets packed together with that so many of us will already own. 

Seems like every time all we get is "maybe next time"... /sigh

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The problem would be that it would set a precedent to wait for cheaper prime access and diminish the value of new access packs.

Yeah... First - there are people who will still buy instantly, especially without knowledge when it'll appear again. For exaple Noru was unobtainable for 3 years.

Second - Frost Prime will be free from 29.06 to 26.07 and I'm almost sure that it isn't the only one Warframe Prime that'll be obtainable through twitch looking at growing partnership between Warframe and said site. So it can also set a precedent to wait for Prime stuff to appear there for free.

Honestly I wouldn't really mind. I've bought almost all Prime stuff during Prime Accesses and I'm all in for cheaper accessories. It'll still lack these really useful boosters and it could be even one accessory at a time (in this case Distilling Extractor could be part of pack only).

Also in my opinion and by looking at community members' opinion on that matter I think selling separate accessory packs would bring bigger income as a lot of players disagrees on buying copies of already owned items.

I can see your point though. For some it would certainly be true but setting time lapse as in case of Noru Prime would be an argument for buying Prime Access since waiting 3 years for item to come back would require almost iron will, especially if item is to one's liking.

So, for those of us who already have Mag/Rhino Prime and the various weapons included, this is kind of a slap in the face for us.

Option 1: Not have the cosmetic armor, even though it looks cool.

Option 2: Buy the thing of our choice for full price, discarding a fully functional set of weapons and Warframe because we don't need a double. We can't trade it, we can't sell it for anything but credits.

Do you see the problem DE? You make a "Prime Accessories Pack" for the main Prime Access, why not this?

Those would be ridiculously expensive slots.

Consider this lost revenue for now.

Maybe they're banking on people really wanting the accessories who will shell out for the entire set or that the payoff for them selling only the entire set is better than separating it .

Also, you threw it along the Steam Sale, you really think people are going spend $40 (fine, maybe 25-30 is the worth of the WF and weapons) on duplicate gear?\

I'm willing to pay $10-$15 on the accessories but not 40, especially since I'll be getting dupes.

1 hour ago, TiberiumDreams said:

So, for those of us who already have [INSERT CURRENT PRIME VAULT CONTENTS HERE]

FTFY.  This has been complained about since the first prime unvaulting was revealed.  If they had any plans to change it, they'd probably have done so by now.

Maybe instead of giving you a fully build frame and weapons they should give purchasers the blueprints a potato and a slot.  That way you can at least sell the prime sets for plat.

I seriously doubt they will ever lower the price or offer accessories bundle because the price would be too low or something.  That's my theory anyway.

Why do I think this? 1000 platinum + a Rare Mod is 49.99 and technically that is really only 750 platinum with a 250 BONUS.

A double Prime Vault bundle is 59.99.

For an extra 10 dollars you are getting 2 prime frames, multiple prime weapons 1 prime extractor, various cosmetics, 1200 platinum, glyphs and whatever else.

If they haven't lowered the platinum prices yet, what makes you think they have any intention of offering reduced bundles?

Good luck with your complaining but they will fall upon deaf ears just as they have for the past year and more.

Edited by Xekrin

While I still wish this myself I can see the marketing reason behind it in a game that even by free to play standards is sometimes more free than most are. The pack is one of the only items that demands actual money to be spent and sure it would be nice to pay for the one without the other, but in the end it represents a lost sale. That's like asking to buy a console without the controllers or the microphone because you know you have something already and don't need it. Its a staple and cannot be sold without it even if the price would be cheaper for you without it. Its packaged that way for a reason or companies would be selling it separately.

Just because its something that we might want does not mean it works out in the end for the ones who make it. Always something I consider.

this is getting out of hand even when prime accessories come around the first time the junk they come with mainly the boosters just isnt worth it id rather just have the platinum the boosters are worth I ONLY want the cosmetics how come DE dosnt just ad the vaulted cosmetics to baro when they are unvaulted and have baro sell them for plat or something on the first week of prime vault being open or something ANYTHING other than the current method because im never going to buy prime vault. ever. its just to expensive for what it comes with

Edited by V45H

15 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

They add the plat to the bundle with the rare mod to justify the price and packing, they would make way less money if they decided to make the accessories only pack on the unvaults and in the end its always about the money.

I disagree. Lots of people I've talked too simply won't buy the packs just for the accessories. Sure, if you got spare money to throw out the window maybe but paying 60$ ish for an armor set is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Venoct said:

It's a way to support the company, money doesn't grow on trees you know. Also with a high prize value on these accessories increase their exclusivity.

I fully want to throw money at them, just not for a duplicate set of stuff I own which would be 75% of the unvaulted prime pack.

At the end of the day they don't want to maximize earnings by offering something they've offered initially.

Instead of punishing players who have been playing this game since the beginning, why not offer a Prime Accessories Bundle with Boosters (or platinum, or both) and slap a $50 (or $60, if you must) sticker on it.

They would only stand to gain revenue, while making many dedicated players happy in the process. Many of these players have voiced that they don't want duplicates of the warframes or weapons but would not mind the platinum (or pay the extra $$$ to receive boosters) to spend on the game. I mean it's not a (forever gone) Founder's Access Pack we're discussing here.

A simple reply as to why such a thing is too much to ask for would be nice, waiting on you DE...

Edited by Batches

9 hours ago, TonyWong said:

Those would be ridiculously expensive slots.

Consider this lost revenue for now.

Maybe they're banking on people really wanting the accessories who will shell out for the entire set or that the payoff for them selling only the entire set is better than separating it .

Also, you threw it along the Steam Sale, you really think people are going spend $40 (fine, maybe 25-30 is the worth of the WF and weapons) on duplicate gear?\

I'm willing to pay $10-$15 on the accessories but not 40, especially since I'll be getting dupes.

"Lost Revenue"? Well let's see. They justify the accessories with 90 day boosters tacked onto it, for about... I think it's like 50 bucks CAD?

So, here's an idea: 30 bucks gets you 500 plat + Accessories, which is slightly less than just buying Mag Prime for the fuckin' TARGIS ARMOR. Mag Prime alone is 41.99CAD, which comes with 400p, Targis, Dakra, Boar, Resource thing, MAg, Mag display pictures.

They would be making a *@##$ ton of money by allowing people to get the accessories separately. Take that Syandana, Take Targis, Add 500p, PROFT.

S#&$ LET'S BE FROHD BEK.

9 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

I disagree. Lots of people I've talked too simply won't buy the packs just for the accessories. Sure, if you got spare money to throw out the window maybe but paying 60$ ish for an armor set is ridiculous. 

6 hours ago, TonyWong said:

I fully want to throw money at them, just not for a duplicate set of stuff I own which would be 75% of the unvaulted prime pack.

At the end of the day they don't want to maximize earnings by offering something they've offered initially.

Honest question:
Can you guarantee 100% with absolutely no question or doubt that if they offered just the accessories for the price everyone yells out, 15$, that 4 times as many people would buy the accessories at that price than will buy the bundles at the current price?
Because if you cant guarantee it then you're basically asking DE "Hey, can you lose some money so we can get a better deal?"

That is how DE looks at suggestions like this and changing the price point.  If they don't have any research that says that they are going to sell more than 4x packs at 1/4th the cost then they wont do it because they'll just be losing money.
And trust me: There are tons of models and forecasts that are used to answer such questions when they are brought up and DE probably has plenty of metrics on the average players buying habits and such.

That is just how business' work.

DE apparently has good metrics that point to them making a certain profit at the current prices and indications that they won't hit the same profit margin if they sold it for a lower price.

Edited by Tsukinoki