Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Dash (on tentacles) is failing on Kuva Siphon missions

I was using Oberon Prime on Corpus Tilesets. No detection on dozens of dashes.  Exactly like in earlier builds.  Brute Force Prime update reverted the fix, maybe?  Corpus tileset issue?

PS4 only?

To clarify, I can kill braids easily with the blast-dash combo and the Warframe follow-up.  I can't destroy active siphon tentacles with dash.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Lag, maybe.  Happens to me when I'm in Kuva missions and not the host.  I've heard you can simply void blast them, as well, and since the blast has a larger range, seemingly, than the dash in terms of AoE it might serve you better.  That said, I've never tested the blast in terms of collecting Kuva.

you don't attack the braids of the siphon directly; they are impossible to damage. instead, you have to dash through the kuva clouds that the siphon will pull towards it, which in turn destroys the braid. because... magic? idk.

the things you're talking about blasting/dashing through, then killing with conventional weapons are kuva guardians.

Took me a while to figure out what you meant there, I suppose that :
Braid = Invincible Guardian.
Siphon tentacles = The actual Siphon.

So from that I can inform you of the following, The Siphon cannot be damaged by any powers, what you have to do, just as Redeyed informed above, is to Void Dash in Kuva Clouds, which are black clouds coming from the general direction in which a Tentacle is pointing when Siphoning.

The Blast-Dash combo only works on the Kuva Guardian, the whole thing is mostly an annoyance to understand though.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Took me a while to figure out what you meant there, I suppose that :
Braid = Invincible Guardian.
Siphon tentacles = The actual Siphon.

This is what I didn't understand making my reply and is why my entire reply is based around collecting the Kuva clouds.

8 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

Not sure if OP misunderstood how Kuva missions work, or if this was a legitimate strat to killing the Siphons until today.

I can assure you that this wasn't a legitimate strat, it's the very first thing I've tried when encountering my first Siphon and it didn't do anything.
The only reason I'd see this being a "Thing" is if OP hit the Siphon as another player actually got the cloud, ense creating the illusion of doing so.
Or
If OP actually means "Kuva Cloud" when mentioning "Siphon tentacles"

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

Just now, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

I can assure you that this wasn't a legitimate strat, it's the very first thing I've tried when encountering my first Siphon and it didn't do anything.
The only reason I'd see this being a "Thing" is if OP hit the Siphon as another player actually got the cloud, ense creating the illusion of doing so.

I thought that too, but it has been a few months since I've bothered hitting its braids, so I thought somewhere along the line, DE broke Kuva Siphons and I didn't know about it.