Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why DE just keep restricting South America players on promo participation

HolySlash

I'm feeling neglected. This twitch promo don't allow me to have Twitch Prime because I do NOT live in the US, Canada, Italy, France, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Spain or the UK. Actually there's an option for those who do not live in those countries. BUT my paying method was declined by Amazon, meaning that if a don't own a international credit card im out of this.I feel like i'm a Warframe player too, and I must admit, a loyal one. I know that it's not all DE's fault, I was thinking that I would be able to participate in this promotion, cause I loved that Syandana Prime (already own a Frost Prime). So some people will just "No one give a f*ck", but I felt bad in missing this so I had to say.

Amazon maybe will not control DE, but DE has to have an agreement with them necessarily. If they didn't have it, there would be nothing Warframe in Twitch/Amazon Prime. So yes, to a certain extent it is their fault.

This would be solved very easily with NOT placing exclusivities on platforms with region lock, starting with don't put it on services that nothing have to do with Warframe.

What will be next? An exclusive Warframe for buying a TV? A helmet that only be available by eating Kellogg's?
We are Warframe players, imposing the acquisition of other services to obtain items in Warframe is really sad.

8 minutes ago, kunkle said:

I got the twitch prime and I do not have an international card ... do not blame it on why it's an amazon problem.

I guess you are from any of these countries : US, Canada, Italy, France, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Spain or the UK. If not, I would appreciate any help on this issue

1 minute ago, FOVZERO said:

Amazon maybe will not control DE, but DE has to have an agreement with them necessarily. If they didn't have it, there would be nothing Warframe in Twitch/Amazon Prime. So yes, to a certain extent it is their fault.

This would be solved very easily with NOT placing exclusivities on platforms with region lock, starting with don't put it on services that nothing have to do with Warframe.

What will be next? An exclusive Warframe for buying a TV? A helmet that only be available by eating Kellogg's?
We are Warframe players, imposing the acquisition of other services to obtain items in Warframe is really sad.

Thanks @FOVZERO, for express my thoughts in such an eloquent manner. 

59 minutes ago, Bronjun said:

Then why does your title say otherwise?  

1 hour ago, HolySlash said:

. I know that IT'S NOT ALL DE's fault

13 minutes ago, FOVZERO said:

1 hour ago, FOVZERO said:

Its called promotional advertising. This is what happens every day all around the world. Sucks to be you if you are not eligible but it is absolutely not in DE 's control to Amazon owning Twitch and/or how Amazon chooses region locks. 0% blame on DE. You can't have everything in life so learn that lesson now. I am betting the promotion will work out well for Amazon as it is intended. 

Should I make a list of every single game developer/company doing promotions on Twitch through the Prime Loot program? It is not just DE, but being as this is a business they will do what needs to be done to promote the business.

ALSO

1 hour ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

Twitch, a video game streaming service

THIS ^^^^^^^^

I haven't any problems with that promotion since I am a citizen of one of the "lucky" countries. Even if I were not, I would not have any problem because my credit card is international.

The problem here is not mine, it's from that boy and all the other players that have been excluded. He doesn't want it as a gift, he wants to BUY IT. You really don't understand it?
Are you saying that in Warframe there must be first and second class players? And besides, they can not complain about injustice?

Amazon doesn't create or sell Syandanas, DE does it. If Amazon has these restrictions DE should have expected it and didn't release any exclusive item with them.
All companies does good and bad things, and their goal is to always grow. There is no problem with this, but I doubt that trying to frustrate their paying users be one of their goals.
Being a fanboy you don't fix anything. What do you expect them to give you? A pony with Lotus fur?

Grow a little and learn to have more empathy.

GeForce Now, LiquidSky or the old OnLive are real video game streaming services. Twitch is only a video streaming service like YouTube, don't make a mistake.

1 hour ago, FOVZERO said:

I haven't any problems with that promotion since I am a citizen of one of the "lucky" countries. Even if I were not, I would not have any problem because my credit card is international.

The problem here is not mine, it's from that boy and all the other players that have been excluded. He doesn't want it as a gift, he wants to BUY IT. You really don't understand it?
Are you saying that in Warframe there must be first and second class players? And besides, they can not complain about injustice?

Amazon doesn't create or sell Syandanas, DE does it. If Amazon has these restrictions DE should have expected it and didn't release any exclusive item with them.
All companies does good and bad things, and their goal is to always grow. There is no problem with this, but I doubt that trying to frustrate their paying users be one of their goals.
Being a fanboy you don't fix anything. What do you expect them to give you? A pony with Lotus fur?

Grow a little and learn to have more empathy.

GeForce Now, LiquidSky or the old OnLive are real video game streaming services. Twitch is only a video streaming service like YouTube, don't make a mistake.

He just wants to get the free Frost Prime with the Twitch Prime deal.

He's likely praying the free trial will net him it but you need a valid credit card to sign up as if you don't cancel it it will begin charging you as normal at the end of the trial period.

His issue is he likely only has a bank card.

Viewing his avatar and his profile, I don't think that he wants another Frost Prime. Like the rest of us he wants the syandana.

I don't know if he has only has a bank card, only DE and/or Amazon can solve it.

Even so the main problem is still there. The inclusion of Warframe exclusive items in non-Warframe services.

6 minutes ago, FOVZERO said:

Viewing his avatar and his profile, I don't think that he wants another Frost Prime. Like the rest of us he wants the syandana.

I don't know if he has only has a bank card, only DE and/or Amazon can solve it.

Even so the main problem is still there. The inclusion of Warframe exclusive items in non-Warframe services.

Twitch Prime has lots of promotion deals with lots of companies. It's not just Warframe

7 hours ago, FOVZERO said:

Well as you said, having Twitch Prime is something DE wanted to have an outlet for. Now usually with country specific restrictions, they are usually enforced by the companies but they usually are imposed by the countries policy decisions themselves in this context. A good example of this is Australia where many games are either censored or entirely banned due to the countries strict media exposure policies. Other times it can be other entirely non-related issues like the fact that I am a poor University student from the other side of the planet and I will not be able to attend Tennocon so I will necessarily miss some content. That tells absolutely nothing about the content producers personal viewpoints, but these are some of the active limitations of the world we inhabit in currently.

Let me ask you guys this: What gain do you think DE has by imposing restrictions that harm their game?

None, right? Well then why would you think that if DE had a choice in the say, they would intentionally seek to harm their own game by screwing with their community if they had the opportunity to not to? Or should DE just entirely stop producing and sharing any and all content because at some point at some location there may or may not potentially be restrictions or alterations? Like in the Chinese and Global verisons of Warframe? No of course not.

But hey I agree it sucks a lot that you are missing out on a deal like that. It feels terrible feeling like an outsider of the group. I understand. If anything I would say try to advocate for a change in your countries policies and especially foreign company policies so that things like this does not happen and you have an equal access to content. DE is not responsible for the policies of the nation, so the frustration is misplaced.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

If the exclusive things that DE includes to Twitch Prime could be obtained in any other way, the problem would be over. Even if it's for $100 in their own store.
If it is not exclusive, there is no problem. Everyone would have the option of purchasing it in one store or another.

DE himself doesn't win anything for bothering his paying users, but directly they're generating players with exclusive benefits that leads to future problems.

If they chose privative service to sell it and anyone can't access to buy that exclusive virtual item, and it has nothing to do with physical space limitations like you're telling us (Tennocon case), no excuse, they're excluding him.

To resolve this issue, it would be easy: DE can act as an intermediary for that payment. People pays to Digital and Digital to Amazon.
Or better still, follow my previous petition: don't release Warframe exclusive content on non-Warframe services.
The two options would solve the problem and everyone would be happy. Digital or Amazon with their money, and the players with their items.

And yes, today the exclusivity is the syandana. Frost Prime doesn't count in this matter.

Censorship policies of a country? I think you're getting too far off topic. This question should not be converted in a political problem.

4 hours ago, FOVZERO said:

If the exclusive things that DE includes to Twitch Prime could be obtained in any other way, the problem would be over. Even if it's for $100 in their own store.
If it is not exclusive, there is no problem. Everyone would have the option of purchasing it in one store or another.

DE himself doesn't win anything for bothering his paying users, but directly they're generating players with exclusive benefits that leads to future problems.

If they chose privative service to sell it and anyone can't access to buy that exclusive virtual item, and it has nothing to do with physical space limitations like you're telling us (Tennocon case), no excuse, they're excluding him.

To resolve this issue, it would be easy: DE can act as an intermediary for that payment. People pays to Digital and Digital to Amazon.
Or better still, follow my previous petition: don't release Warframe exclusive content on non-Warframe services.
The two options would solve the problem and everyone would be happy. Digital or Amazon with their money, and the players with their items.

And yes, today the exclusivity is the syandana. Frost Prime doesn't count in this matter.

Censorship policies of a country? I think you're getting too far off topic. This question should not be converted in a political problem.

A lot of problems could be solved by having alternatives. How many would want Excalibur Prime? How about the exclusive merchandise DE has in their conferences? How about the Twitch user creator content deal items? I bet a whole lot of people would. It isn't at all far fetched to mention consumer laws and policy differences between different countries because in a lot of embargo's and other country specific restrictions, which is what we are talking about here as well, it has to do with the countries own consumer laws than necessarily the companies own ideals. Music, movies, certain products from food to even alcohol are often restricted -- so is virtual content in a lot of these cases.

But hey I am not saying I like them either, they just are what they are. And I bet if DE had an workable solution to this, such as alternative outlets that would not violate the already made deal with Amazon, I am pretty sure they would try to seek it. I don't doubt for a second that they would be more than happy to share their content, especially if it meant bigger profit margins.

I am reminded back to the question I made in my previous comment: What benefit do you think DE has from this? If you can not find a sensible answer for that, then that should tell you enough, shouldn't it? Unless of course you think DE are not smart, but I doubt that is what you imply.