Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth virus remove from game

(PSN)fireblade948

The pink cyst is on my warframe neck is annoying and having to look at it everytime I play a game or just walking around in my ship annoys me and since you can also get it from other player and nidus doesnt help either and every time you get a new warframe you have to go through this again for 7 days it annoying and there no need for it. It doesnt help with gameplay it just space aids that you can get from other people

it is one of those things they added to the game, without finishing it, and the are not going to add anything to it anytimes soon, unless harrow changes anything, its may eb a year before we see more content for the helminth room

You have to finish TWW (The war within) or Nidus main quest,  in order to open one of the rooms in your ship. I don't want to talk much because of spoilers. So then you will be allowed to remove the virus in a future. I just suggest let one Warframe have it, because maybe it'll be used for a future quest.

Edited by Venoct

You can, but for people who really hate it, the complaint is that you have to get immunity for each Warframe individually, and only *after* they've been infected and carried it to full size, which takes a week.  The only way to avoid it is still to *never* join a mission with other players, because sooner or later someone in a defense will either be recently infected, or have a full sized Helminth blister.  (Either because they don't care and don't feel like doing anything about it, or because they're intentionally keeping one or two just in case DE ever add... whatever it was meant to be leading up to, or because they actually *want* to infect other players just to mess with them.)

Honestly, until / unless they finish the mechanic and add whatever the next stage was going to be, I think it would help alot with the complaints if there was an option for account level immunity.  Speaking as someone who has a lot of Warframes, dealing with it originally and then going through my entire roster one by one to clense it was kind of a pain.  I've avoided getting Octavia infected... by never playing anything except solo when I have her equipped.  (Granted, some people seem to hate Octavia even more than the Helminth pox, so I'm sure someone will claim that one less Octavia on public maps is a good thing anyway.)

The helminth cysts  is another example of a halfway finished feature that doesn't seem really necessary or could've been done better. 

What developer should spend more time polishing already existing features in gameplay mechanics before they add yet another one. Like we have seen with Archwing, Focus, Kuva, and Rivens.

7 minutes ago, Venoct said:

You have to finish TWW (The war within) or Nidus main quest,  in order to open one of the rooms in your ship. I don't want to talk much because of spoilers. So then you will be allowed to remove the virus in a future. I just suggest let one Warframe have it, because maybe it'll be used for a future quest.

Actually, Helminth will open the door for any frame with a fully grown cyst.  He / it won't speak, and will lock the door again immediately after you have it removed unless you have Nidus equipped, or have finished the Nidus related mission and are also infected.  But you're not stuck with it until you finish the entire game.  Don't believe me?  Walk up to his door with any frame that has a fully grown cyst.  The door will open, and you will be offered the option to remove it.

I remember when Spider-man got this cool costume and the letters poured in about "bring back the Red and Blue".

Marvel kept to their guns and did more and more stories until the big reveal that the costume was a living entity. Then they got it off of him and put it on another person. Venom was born.

I am hoping that something along these lines happens with Helminth and his cyst. Either it gives a new power/slot of some type or it has another quest/improvement for Nidus. As the game goes forth, the choices have been lined out- get it and cure 7 days later, play SOLO for Frames you do not want to get infected, or just grin and bear it until DE does that thing they do. Because i can see it if they gave an entire account immunity and the next time they touch the cycst, those who got immunity crymoan they canno get access to the new system.

Let the cyst do its thing and cure thyselves. Could be worst- Void Demons could get something as well.

Cheers

1 hour ago, (PS4)fireblade948 said:

The pink cyst is on my warframe neck is annoying and having to look at it everytime I play a game or just walking around in my ship annoys me and since you can also get it from other player and nidus doesnt help either and every time you get a new warframe you have to go through this again for 7 days it annoying and there no need for it. It doesnt help with gameplay it just space aids that you can get from other people

Lmao space aids xD

On 6/27/2017 at 10:26 PM, Shinobu_Scorpion said:

It's actually used to incubate Helminth Chargers, so it's not pointless. Just because you don't like something personally isn't proper cause to have something removed.

Yes I know you need the cyst to make the helminth charger but after that there is absolutely no point in having the helminth virus but the devs could add a optional quest in order to get the virus without passing it to other just because you didnt wear a condom

Edited by (PS4)fireblade948
Misspelled word

On 6/27/2017 at 11:30 PM, Bravely_Casual said:

You realize you can toggle it off visually?

Didn't realize this, this should have been made very clear. I have already avoided buying plat twice when login discount emerged + prime access and signing up for promotions in protest lol. My pockets appreciate it

As for an actual removal solution that doesn't involve trusting some weird creature, easy. Corpus Capitalists develop an actual cure and charge top ducats for it #Profit

P.S. The Helminth Charger is trash, death to all infested even if we need to fly these orbiters into the sun...

On 6/28/2017 at 3:30 AM, Ksaero said:

Is this already a thing? I remember seeing this as a future option during one of the latest devstreams.

3 hours ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

Didn't realize this, this should have been made very clear. I have already avoided buying plat twice when login discount emerged + prime access and signing up for promotions in protest lol. My pockets appreciate it

As for an actual removal solution that doesn't involve trusting some weird creature, easy. Corpus Capitalists develop an actual cure and charge top ducats for it #Profit

P.S. The Helminth Charger is trash, death to all infested even if we need to fly these orbiters into the sun...

I actually checked and he's right it's not out yet, but it is confirmed, it was demonstrated by Space Mom on the dev build

1 hour ago, (PS4)Whattamattu said:

an complaints like this is why i will never cure any of my frames, and why i keep running missions known to have people leveling new frames, also why i keep running low level stuff to infect new players....

your tears are the lube that keeps my frames running smooth =)

Thank you for demonstrating the trollish antagonistic nature of this game element and justifying the complaints, the increasingly selfish solo nature of this game and the reduction of monetary investment in visual items being ruined by it.

You're hurting yourself and the game, money will stay in pocket, player frustration increases and the devs continue to bandaid, workaround and limit player complaints and behavior to reduce threats to profits.

Some people don't like to camp, let's force them. > people complain > nerfs / "fixes"

Some people don't like to rush, let's "copter" to the end then insult them  >  people complain > nerfs / "fixes"

People don't want to cheese, lets insult them. >  people complain > nerfs / "fixes"

I'm bored, lets banish other players repeatedly > people complain > nerf / "fixes"

This happens often. Trollish, antagonistic mentality helps no one in game or the real world. People are really going around giving people diseases, it's not cool, it's not humorous.

Multiple times the devs have jokingly trolled the player base during a stream only to have to apologize and/or "clear things up".

A chuckle or 2 is not worth the billable hours or frustration IMO but someone with decision making power thought this troll was...

It is simple, players pay to look "cool", not nasty for absolutely no reason indefinitely. If you intentionally make the things I have paid for, for the look, look unlikable, we have a problem.

5 hours ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

It is simple, players pay to look "cool", not nasty for absolutely no reason indefinitely. If you intentionally make the things I have paid for, for the look, look unlikable, we have a problem.

... but you can remove it once its "mature".... 

so for a few days you got a blemish.   boo-hoo.  

2 hours ago, Ginkawa said:

... but you can remove it once its "mature".... 

so for a few days you got a blemish.   boo-hoo.  

Unless you have doubles or triples of some frames and it spreads like wildfire, Was infected in ONE game (accidentally joined a public run for nitain before timer ended) and had to pop cysts on 8 or 9 frames, some multiple times before cure. As soon as this happened I started taking week - 2 week breaks. So for a while each time I was on I had to first spend time going in that stupid room. 1 external exposure, 3 months of internal curing...

We want nothing to do with it. Please either progress whatever narrative that is related to it or put it on ice.

Will do whatever it takes to remove it but please let's do that, the defects are on their own as is the rest of the system, heading to the nearest clinic to clear this up first...

Didn't start playing this to have anything to do with the infested except kill. not trying to hang out with them or save grineer either.

Space aids spreads and this weird thing pops up and the tenno just ignore it and go off doing random things instead of addressing it, sorry but have lost sight of the overall point of much of the game due to so many changes but the look keeps me hooked.

Narratives develop, not my game, can choose when and where to invest time and resources as anyone can, we are just making it clear why. Many are Not taking breaks or playing other things because the devs haven't added some new partially complete element but because of continued partial additions with weird continuity and low to no context of what is going on.

Darksector and void survival were my in game playing activities, both are gone in the form they existed, ages ago and was I maxed out then... leaving FashionFrame as primary enjoyment

I was logging in, dressing up my frames, buying tennogen, getting inspired and then logging off for over a year before this most the time, unless helping clan members farm. Not actually playing but still paying for the look. So it is a big deal for me as that is my primary interaction with this media. The Look... 100% superficial... People pay for art for the look, the message and/or how the message makes them look or feel, not new... the cyst doesn't look good and we don't feel too good about it either.

2 minutes ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

Unless you have doubles or triples of some frames and it spreads like wildfire, Was infected in ONE game (accidentally joined a public run for nitain before timer ended) and had to pop cysts on 8 or 9 frames, some multiple times before cure.

So it is a big deal for me as that is my primary interaction with this media. The Look... 100% superficial... People pay for art for the look, the message and/or how the message makes them look or feel, not new... the cyst doesn't look good and we don't feel too good about it either.

1) man I'm not especially troll-inclined, but thats such a juicy reaction I can't blame people whatsoever for deliberately keeping it just to troll. 
2) I'm confused.  according to the wiki, when you cure it, that frame can't be re-infected.   in the little experience I have of this.... that seems to be the case.   so... what? and I havent seen any other suggestions that frames within your ship can be infected by others you have....
3) doesn't the cyst mature in real time regardless of if you are playing that frame or not?  so you can just take it and remove it and be done with it? 

I mean, either theres a mechanic or something I'm missing, or I really really don't see the complaint.