Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Separate Prime Vault Accessory Pack?

eksby

As the title states, why can't we buy a separate Prime Vault pack with just the accessories (e.g. Targis Prime + Noru Syandana)? Or even packs where we can just buy the Targis by itself, or Noru by itself, maybe bundled with some plat?

A lot of us already have Mag and Rhino Prime, and all those weapons. Not really a fan of needing to buy duplicate frames and weapons in order to get some cosmetics I want. 

11 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

You already are getting everything for the price of the accessories packs.

So just buy it and either toss the frames and weapons to enjoy the slots or use them for alternative builds.

That is not acceptable because you pay more money for it then it is not so wise to get rid the already owned items for slots. Simply just build that pair differently if no option to buy only what you want.

Not a bad business wise thing what DE does because if you need those items then you must buy the full pack and they got their money and ignoring the fact you already own the said weapons and frames. 

I am most certainly missing some of these items but not really sure if I want to buy them.

26 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

So just buy it and either toss the frames and weapons to enjoy the slots or use them for alternative builds.

That system is stupid af.

It's like buying a bunch of burgers for the 'price of one' and just thow like 3 out of 4 in a trash bin because by the time you'll get hungry again they will rot anyway.

Plus original accessoires have boosters in them. It's not like you only get a syandana. As useless as boosters are for some people it's better than duplicates of a warframe and weapons. That's just dumb.

1 hour ago, eksby said:

why can't we buy a separate Prime Vault pack with just the accessories

Don't know.  Go to Tennocon and ask them face to face, it is very likely the only way to get an actual answer.  None of us know, we are all in the same boat as you.  This question has been asked at LEAST a thousand times since the very first Unvaulting, and never EVER answered.

Someone going to Tennocon, freaking ask the question, let's see if they refuse someone who asks in person a real answer.

4 minutes ago, Volkeris said:

I don't get what the big deal is.

The big deal is people freak out when they get useless duplicates.  Most people already have the relevant prime frames/weapons.  Now if they came with an option to not get the frames/weapons and instead get something else in their place.  

Or if we actually had a proper system in place that let us deal with duplicate weapons/frames/blueprints/old version of upgraded weapons/etc... perhaps people wouldn't complain so much.

The point is people feel like they are wasting money buying what they already own.

Edited by Xekrin

Just now, Xekrin said:

The big deal is people freak out when they get useless duplicates.  Most people already have the relevent prime frames/weapons.  Now if they came with an option to not get the frames/weapons and instead get something else in their place.  

Or if we actually had a proper system in place that let us deal with duplicate weapons/frames/blueprints/old version of upgraded weapons/etc... perhaps people wouldn't complain so much.

The point is people feel like they are wasting money buying what they already own.

Just sell them and get free slots. As I said, this is basically a top tier Prime Access pack, except you're getting it way cheaper. Yes, even cheaper than the Accessory pack.

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

Totally agree with this, accessory pack costs 50USD and just has accessories + boosters, while the offer here is either 1 accessory + 1 frame + 2 weapons + some plat (basically an entire prime access) for 40USD; or 2 accessories + 2 frames + 4 weapons + some plat (yep, that's 2 entire prime accesses) at 60USD, slightly more expensive than any accessory pack anyways.

As someone who used to buy prime accessories only, I've already stopped doing it since unvaults are a better offer even if the frames and weapons become credits and slots, and I'm sure that if prime vault gets a cheaper separate accessory pack there will be way more people waiting for accessories to be unvaulted at a cheaper price instead of supporting DE by buying them on release.

Edited by Stormdragon

2 hours ago, Volkeris said:

You do understand that you are actually getting the Accessories + some plat CHEAPER than a normal Prime Access Accessory pack? I don't get what the big deal is.

1 hour ago, Stormdragon said:

Totally agree with this, accessory pack costs 50USD and just has accessories + boosters, while the offer here is either 1 accessory + 1 frame + 2 weapons + some plat (basically an entire prime access) for 40USD; or 2 accessories + 2 frames + 4 weapons + some plat (yep, that's 2 entire prime accesses) at 60USD, slightly more expensive than any accessory pack anyways.

As someone who used to buy prime accessories only, I've already stopped doing it since unvaults are a better offer even if the frames and weapons become credits and slots, and I'm sure that if prime vault gets a cheaper separate accessory pack there will be way more people waiting for accessories to be unvaulted at a cheaper price instead of supporting DE by buying them on release.

I agree with you, it's a good deal for people who don't have any of the things in the pack. For people like me, who have already bought quite a few of the accessory packs when they came out and farmed all the frames/weapons, most of the time I already have almost all the things offered in the Unvaults. For example, with the Frost and Mag unvault, I literally had every single thing in the pack EXCEPT for the Misa Prime. So paying $40 for just Misa Prime and a pittance of plat just feels bad compared to spending $50, getting Misa Prime and also getting 90 day boosters (of course in this case you had to pay the $130 price to get Misa Prime, since Accessories wasn't a thing back then). 

Sure, you can sell the extra frames + weapons...but if they wanted us to pay $40 again why couldn't they offer an alternative bundle, where you can buy the accessories + PLAT and no extra frames + weapons? It'd be a good compromise, let the people who want the frames buy them, and let those of us who have the frames already pay the same amount but get extra plat instead of duplicate frames and weapons. 

2 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Don't know.  Go to Tennocon and ask them face to face, it is very likely the only way to get an actual answer.  None of us know, we are all in the same boat as you.  This question has been asked at LEAST a thousand times since the very first Unvaulting, and never EVER answered.

Someone going to Tennocon, freaking ask the question, let's see if they refuse someone who asks in person a real answer.

Yeah, please someone who is going to Tennocon ask this. Ask them why there can't be a separate accessories pack that is the same price but with more plat instead of with the frames and weapons. 

5 hours ago, Volkeris said:

Just sell them and get free slots. As I said, this is basically a top tier Prime Access pack, except you're getting it way cheaper. Yes, even cheaper than the Accessory pack.

No it's not.

You get 2 90 days boosters with original ones. No one cares about *gasp* 3 slots. It's like what, 50 p or whatever. Best - effing - deal - in the history.

59 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

No it's not.

You get 2 90 days boosters with original ones. No one cares about *gasp* 3 slots. It's like what, 50 p or whatever. Best - effing - deal - in the history.

Ok, so that's why it's cheaper, since you're not getting 90 day boosters and instead getting 400p, which is 2 30 day boosters. Still seems like a bargain to me. Sad that people complain about good things.

16 minutes ago, Volkeris said:

Ok, so that's why it's cheaper, since you're not getting 90 day boosters and instead getting 400p, which is 2 30 day boosters. Still seems like a bargain to me. Sad that people complain about good things.

Yeah, it's cheaper, and it's a steal for those who don't have any or most of the things offered in the pack. But for those of us who already have everything except for the cosmetics, it would be nice if we can buy a different pack with either more plat and no warframes/weapons, or a cheaper pack with just the cosmetics. Is that such a hard thing to ask for? More people would buy the cheaper, cosmetic only pack too, which  means DE makes more money. Win/win situation all around. 

7 hours ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Well you are also getting 400 platinum and whatnot. I wouldn't mind either way, I just do not see a big problem there to be honest.

People just don't wanna spend 40 bucks for an armor set or syandana and things they already have and $20 worth of plat.  With the original accessories packs the 90 day boosters made up a bulk of the price, and thats fine, and I'm not saying these packs are bad, they're great for people who don't have primes already but they suck for people who have everything and just want to buy the cosmetics.  And honestly more buying options wouldn't hurt DE at all. 

Edited by Hidaru.

18 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Because by this time every one has those old frames and weapons and if they released accessories seperately, everyone would just buy that. And DE would make alot less money.

Capitalism 101 kids.

No, more like the people who right now are not buying the pack because they already have all the frames and weapons and don't want to spend $60 on cosmetics would open their wallets and buy the cheaper accessories-only pack. 

What makes more money, 1 guy buying a $60 pack or 10 guys buying a $20 pack? Or even better, 1 guy buying a $60 pack and 10 more guys who weren't planning to buy the $60 pack buying a $20 pack? 

The more options you give to people, the more money you make. And since these are just digital items anyway, there isn't any loss of money on DE's part to make more packs. 

15 minutes ago, Hidaru. said:

People just don't wanna spend 40 bucks for an armor set or syandana and things they already have and $20 worth of plat.  With the original accessories packs the 90 day boosters made up a bulk of the price, and thats fine, and I'm not saying these packs are bad, they're great for people who don't have primes already but they suck for people who have everything and just want to buy the cosmetics.  And honestly more buying options wouldn't hurt DE at all. 

That much is obvious. If they did, they would've bought it happily and not talk about it. But I don't personally see a problem there since it is intended mostly for those who missed the first time and likely do not own any of the items. It is somewhat of a problem with sold products in general wherein if the price is dropped too low, a higher paying customer who buys at full prize may drop their support from the game. At the same time too high prizes will obviously discourage buying.

1 hour ago, Volkeris said:

There's nothing "good" about it.

You're BUYING THINGS YOU DON'T NEED. You don't want them. Like what is even going through your head? You literally want ONE thing from that pack and you're happy you're getting a shtton of things you don't need. Logic. If it wasn't for those things it would have been even cheaper. Those boosters as well as those frames and weapons are here only to justify it's price because yes it's actually idiotic to ask 50$ and whatever that thing cost atm in dollars for a single piece of primed armor in this case. So to justify it you get a set of boosters with a total cost of 1200 platinum - and while boosters are "kind of useless" at least no on has them especially for 90 days. Now you're "happy" you get 3 or so free slots.

You really and I mean really have problems with logic and understanding how all of those bundles work. The only reason bundles exist is to sell you more things you don't need and therefore get more money. Think about it, deluxe skins come with weapon skins for example - those who only need a skin can buy it, it's kind of fine, those who want weapon skin can not. They can only get both. Which means they're paying way more as weapon skin costs less than a warframe deluxe skin.

But I don't personally see a problem there since it is intended mostly for those who missed the first time and likely do not own any of the items

Assumption is false.

You can't possibly not have any of them if you're collecting stuff and you can buy everything aside from cosmetics from players anytime or farm during this month. And again, see other bundles like deluxe ones. Can buy warfarme skins separetely, can't buy weapon skins.

Edited by -Temp0-

8 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

Meanwhile I just think that these packs are still better then the actual accessory packs. 

This.  perhaps a few extra bucks more than a Prime Accessories pack, but a handful of slots (assuming you already have those frames/weapons) that are inevitably going to get filled with something else anyway and 1200plat, on top of the accessories?  I'd much rather take this over a primed accessories pack that is typiically just the 2 cosmetics, maybe a junk item or two (im looking at you, air support charges), and 2 90-day boosters that exist purely to jack up the price.

Just now, Sin1989 said:

This.  perhaps a few extra bucks more than a Prime Accessories pack, but a handful of slots (assuming you already have those frames/weapons) that are inevitably going to get filled with something else anyway and 1200plat, on top of the accessories?  I'd much rather take this over a primed accessories pack that is typiically just the 2 cosmetics, maybe a junk item or two (im looking at you, air support charges), and 2 90-day boosters that exist purely to jack up the price.

I might surprise you but many people are sitting on 5-10+k platinum and literally rolling in cash and never bought any of it with money as well.

Platinum is pretty much worthelss in this game. You can't even buy tennongen with it for examples and de's own syandanas and other things usually suck big time, especially lately.

6 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

I might surprise you but many people are sitting on 5-10+k platinum and literally rolling in cash and never bought any of it with money as well.

Platinum is pretty much worthelss in this game. You can't even buy tennongen with it for examples and de's own syandanas and other things usually suck big time, especially lately.

I am aware that there are people out there that sit on vast hoards of plat.  Not everyone does tho, nor does everyone have all the cosmetics from the market that they want, have their slot / potato / forma needs fulfilled, have something they'd like to trade for, etc.  For people who are sitting on thousands and thousands of plat, i doubt that the 90-boosters are any more useful to them than more plat anyway, because at that point in the game, they likely are already sitting on millions n millions of credits that are even more useless than plat.  The affinity booster may be worthwhile to some but leveling things is already easy enough without them.