Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I told myself i wasn't going to spend money on this game...

I started playing a few weeks ago... and i told myself this was gonna be my "freebie" game.

No money spent. Just try it and move on (never heard of it until it popped up next to my psn feed next to marvel heroes)

Flash forward to now and... i'm having WAY more fun with this thing than i thought i would lol. Currently still a newb... i only have excalibur, rhino and frost. I've built a couple dozen weapons and my 150 free plat is dwindling fast (buying weapon and frame slots as per suggested).

Not regretting a minute of the play. Game can get grindy but its entertaining as hell.

But still never spent a dime.

Now i see a pack pop up... Brute Force Prime Pack... hmm...

1200 plat.. nice...

Rhino prime... my fav frame...

Boltor prime... Boltor is my favorite primary in the 10 or so i've built...

Ankyros Prime and Dakra Prime look freaking awesome...

Mag (a frame i've never tried) and Boar (i only have one shotgun so far), both prime variants...

Even a distilling extractor and some cosmetics...

/twitch

Stop me... someone STOP ME.

For the LOVE OF MY BANK ACCOUNT STOP M...

oh who am i kidding... i can afford it and i've blown 60 bucks on games i ended up disliking before, let alone ones i know i like.

/sigh

Time to spend some money i suppose lol... damn you DE :P

Edited by (PS4)skyfiredraco

oh sweet lord... i didn't realize they all came upgraded too ("potato'd" i think is the term around here? lol)

(yes, i spent the money already lol)

7 minutes ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

one of us... one of us... one of us...

Every time i post something i get that response at least once... i'd be creeped out if i didn't think it was coming true lmao

Bad that you are on ps4 and you didn't really get platinum discounts because I wanted to advice if you have any type of discounts then you could buy platinum. On full price not really worth to buy and you can also trade platinum by selling prime items and mods.

Long ago got any discount and in the forseable future I won't buying plat instead trade for it. Btw good to hear you hooked up with this game I really hope you will play so long.

I know people who never spent anything on any f2p game they played. Guess what? They all ruined their freestreak with Warframe. I guess the fact that you don't need to spend money on it somehow makes you spend more and more.

2 hours ago, JSharpie said:

Who better to tell him than someone who's spent too much?

Nobody can tel him whether he should or should not spend money on the game. As long as he gets the value out of the purchase he makes than it was worth it to spend the money. The amount you or I or anyone else has spend or chooses not to spend is irrelevant.

2 hours ago, (PS4)skyfiredraco said:

Time to spend some money i suppose lol... damn you DE :P

Hope you enjoy any purchases you make, I know I do not regret the time or money I invested into this game.

4 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

Nobody can tel him whether he should or should not spend money on the game. As long as he gets the value out of the purchase he makes than it was worth it to spend the money. The amount you or I or anyone else has spend or chooses not to spend is irrelevant.

Dude that's the most black and white blanket statement in the world. In the post he specifically asks us to stop him. Plus, in the game's current state, that money isn't well spent. If he didn't want opinions, he shouldn't have made the post, and in my opinion that money should go elsewhere.

That's like saying no one should ever tell you not to do anything as if nothing in the world has pros OR cons. 

Go try heroin, it's the actual best high you can get ever, you cannot feel better than when you're high on heroin. I mean hey I hear it's bad but I can't tell you whether you should or shouldn't do anything.

Extreme example, but I digress.

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

I know people who never spent anything on any f2p game they played. Guess what? They all ruined their freestreak with Warframe. I guess the fact that you don't need to spend money on it somehow makes you spend more and more.

This is me. I've spent more than I've ever spent on a f2p. Part of the reason I even stayed with the game is because I realized I didn't need to spend. The only other f2p game I've spent money on is PoE.

You can certainly get by without spending a cent, I know I have in the years I've been here. Pretty much everything can be farmed one way or another.

The peskier ones being Equinox, Ivara, Nidus, and the prime gear, but still quite possible. Just slow. Rewards come to those who wait. Unless you wait long enough for it to get vaulted.

You'll likely get duplicate tradeable items in time, which can be sold to others, quicker if you're reasonable.

The outliers would be cosmetics, most available from platinum which can also be acquired through trading farmed items as I do, but the exemption to this exception would be tennogen/prime access bonus items which I'll seemingly never get to have. It's mostly quite minor, with the exception of one helmet I thoroughly desire.

I may one day break my several-year "free streak" for such a helmet if I'm eventually not dirt broke, though.

50 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Dude that's the most black and white blanket statement in the world. In the post he specifically asks us to stop him. Plus, in the game's current state, that money isn't well spent. If he didn't want opinions, he shouldn't have made the post, and in my opinion that money should go elsewhere.

That's like saying no one should ever tell you not to do anything as if nothing in the world has pros OR cons. 

Go try heroin, it's the actual best high you can get ever, you cannot feel better than when you're high on heroin. I mean hey I hear it's bad but I can't tell you whether you should or shouldn't do anything.

Extreme example, but I digress.

Does it burn you that new players love the game and do in fact spend money? For a game not worth it, it surely seems successful. I have a clan mate that insist on buying everything, even if I suggest he just farm it. Some people just love the game and aren't as offended by little things they might not agree with.

People still buy Darvo deals. Now THATS crazy.

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

Lol! scrap! the word f2p i have never spent money on a game, and how i ended up spending money on Warframe i don't know, i dont plan on spending anymore at all, but i'm glad i did atleast once, just to show support for the effort in building this game, it truly deserves the funds and support, besides it's short comings