Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What melee weapons are you most looking forward to getting a Riven for?

Hypernaut1

Cerata. Cerata. Cerata. Cerata. Cerata.

Oh, and the Lacera would be cool too, though I would have no idea what you could do with that to make it meaningful or interesting since it's already great i.e. one of the only few 100%+ status weapons (is there any other status weapons that go too 100% as well?).

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

3 minutes ago, Mataeru said:

I want a good mod for my Karyst, Scindo Prime and Lacera. At the moment, I can one shot anything in LoR with my Karyst, and more damage is never a bad thing.

Lacera makes mincemeat out of corpus through lvl 80

The supreme Mod for the Karyst already exists. It's called Covert Lethality. It's the most powerful mod in the game when you look at it in comparison to the weapons on which it is mounted. Other mods enhance their weapons, but Covert Lethality is the other way around. Daggers are just delivery systems for the Covert Lethality effect.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

The supreme Mod for the Karyst already exists. It's called Covert Lethality. It's the most powerful mod in the game when you look at it in comparison to the weapons on which it is mounted. Other mods enhance their weapons, but Covert Lethality is the other way around. Daggers are just delivery systems for the Covert Lethality effect.

Even a Karyst with Covert Lethality could be improved with more melee speed.

Dakra Prime. Why?

It has a low user base. A vaulted prime with inferior stats to a freely earnable weapon (Broken War) should mean lower user base. Lower user base means higher riven disposition. Dakra Prime already fits in the mid-high tier melee weapons, hence why even 3 star disposition is very welcomed and it will most likely get a 4-5 star disposition due to the popularity. Not to mention that it looks better than the deluxe sword skin.

This is the same case as Sicarus Prime post-buff. Good weapon with very good riven because of low user base. The result? A weapon that can compete with meta weapons.

Edited by Jangkrik

17 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Psst, you are not forcing a melee riven with the quest, is random. People should quit spreading that bs.

Posted by De_Aiden

You will receive a random veiled melee Riven Mod upon quest completion if you purchased Harrow.

Found here:

That is a good question. Honestly, I can't think of a melee riven I am interested in. Most of the weapons I use are either decently strong enough that they would have a pathetic disposition or weak enough that I don't figure anything outside of raw damage would make them better - and an actual boost would help them better in that respect - besides with limited spots, I have little reason to seek out rivens for anything but my most used weapons. Exalted abilities not benefiting from rivens is another reason for me to take a more what will come will come approach.

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

That is a good question. Honestly, I can't think of a melee riven I am interested in. Most of the weapons I use are either decently strong enough that they would have a pathetic disposition or weak enough that I don't figure anything outside of raw damage would make them better - and an actual boost would help them better in that respect - besides with limited spots, I have little reason to seek out rivens for anything but my most used weapons. Exalted abilities not benefiting from rivens is another reason for me to take a more what will come will come approach.

i see your point and raise you one as well, thrown melee weapons. Most mods they use are not carried over to exalted abilities (power throw rebound etc...) and could get amazing buffs from rivens, think of an orvius with +channeling damage +flight speed

Just now, Larred said:

i see your point and raise you one as well, thrown melee weapons. Most mods they use are not carried over to exalted abilities (power throw rebound etc...) and could get amazing buffs from rivens, think of an orvius with +channeling damage +flight speed

Perhaps, though I don't hold out hope for such a mod honestly.

3 minutes ago, Urlan said:

This too, even if I were the slightest bit interested, my favorite stances already have effective end game delivery systems and Rivens won't change what weapons can use what stances, or give them momentum.

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

Dual Ichor.

My babies were shelved for too long. 

You and I both. I miss those infested beauties. Between Silva and Aegis, Lesson, and Dual Ichors I try to keep it fresh and not continually run Galatine Prime.