Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What melee weapons are you most looking forward to getting a Riven for?

Hypernaut1

Gram, cleavers, mios, jat kittag, ack n' brunt, obex, and whatever else happens to strike my fancy.

1 minute ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

Twin Basolk, that's right.

Basolk will probably be ridiculous with a high disposition riven, it's got potential in the right places.

2 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Gram, cleavers, mios, jat kittag, ack n' brunt, obex, and whatever else happens to strike my fancy.

Basolk will probably be ridiculous with a high disposition riven, it's got potential in the right places.

Really, I don't believe we need rivens. I don't even use them. I have no legitimate interest in them. Dying is my favorite part, it makes you avoid that mistake you made to get there like the plague. Impossible now is just easy later.

31 minutes ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

Really, I don't believe we need rivens. I don't even use them. I have no legitimate interest in them. Dying is my favorite part, it makes you avoid that mistake you made to get there like the plague. Impossible now is just easy later.

Well then if you get a good basolk riven and then get bored of it, I'll take it off your hands for you :P

Had a thought about Rivens, disposition, weapon strengths and weapon usage rates, and Stances. That thought is as follows:

Ack and Brunt is a really good weapon, with top tier Critical stats, excellent attack speed and mobility, and serviceable Status, with a really good move set. Yet, I almost never see anyone using it. Why?

Oh wait. Its attack speed, mobility, and move set are linked to its Stance. Final Harbinger is such an unbelievable improvement over Eleventh Storm that it in itself transforms the weapon, but both Sword and Board Stances are a huge pain in the arse to acquire, Harbinger being by far the more hemhorroidal of the two. Does the relative rarity of their Stances impact on their popularity? If so, will Ack and Brunt have a good disposition because of the booty-bother which is the Final Harbinger drop rate?

Pretty much any longsword, machete, scythe, and dual sword weapon, since most of those are pretty sub-par.  But especially the Skana, Dark Sword, Dakra (Prime and Dex) Jaw Sword, and Hate.  While it's not in any of the types mentioned above, I'd really love to get a Gram Riven too.

Galatine Prime. It's too underpowered to do anything with. Needs a strong disposition. Then I'll consider it into taking down the heavens with a spin2win

Atterax has like..... no reach whatsoever. Definitely strong disposition. Maybe then i could finally outreach any Equinox for slash procs.

Also don't forget that the Fragor Prime has the lowest damage of all the God Stomps ever. DEFINITELY needs strong disposition. 

Anyone who disagrees with me is a whiney forum warrior. Thank you for your time. Carry on to the important stuff now.

Maybe Skana or Broken War but I do not really need melee rivens because I am happy with my current builds. However, if I rolled a riven for faster attack speed and it stacked with other speed mods on my melee and was then applied to Exalted Blade, then I would be interested.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

34 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

Maybe Skana or Broken War but I do not really need melee rivens because I am happy with my current builds. However, if I rolled a riven for faster attack speed and it stacked with other speed mods on my melee and was then applied to Exalted Blade, then I would be interested.

Unfortunately I don't think Rivens will affect exalted weapons.

There would be no way to balance it unless the exalted weapon only used half the ranking or something. But I doubt DE will go through all that trouble.

Edited by Hypernaut1