Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additional planets

Just out of complete curiosity, does anybody think that the developers will add in any new or additional planets, moons, space stations/ships or even systems to go to?

An example could be: they remove Titan, Io, and a few other named mission nodes and convert them into there own world.

Or they could add in ones that are not in the star chart, an example: Triton from Neptune (that one may actually be a mission node, I haven't traveled to Neptune for a long time)

Feel free to state your opinion, I'm just generally curious to see what other people think of this. It seems that people generally get excited over a new weapon or Warframe, but what if they announced that the Tau system would be available after the next major cinematic quest. Would you be excited to go there, or would you be more excited if they released a new warframe or weapon?

Based on wwhat we've seen of previous cinematic quests, each one adds in a brand new tileset (lua from TSD, kuva fortress from TWW). I'd assume that the cinematic slated for U21 will add in a new tileset. That said, I would assume that the developers' focus right now is on redesigning the current maps and removing some of the leftover scraps from warframe's older days (the sergeant is still due a makeover, I would assume that may be where nef anyo comes in). Also, a number of planets still share tilesets! namely venus using the same tileset as pluto, which doesn't make any sense because venus is HOT. I'd say that the devs would be more focused on fleshing out those planets before adding in new ones, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility for new tilesets to be added in.

24 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

Based on wwhat we've seen of previous cinematic quests, each one adds in a brand new tileset (lua from TSD, kuva fortress from TWW). I'd assume that the cinematic slated for U21 will add in a new tileset. That said, I would assume that the developers' focus right now is on redesigning the current maps and removing some of the leftover scraps from warframe's older days (the sergeant is still due a makeover, I would assume that may be where nef anyo comes in). Also, a number of planets still share tilesets! namely venus using the same tileset as pluto, which doesn't make any sense because venus is HOT. I'd say that the devs would be more focused on fleshing out those planets before adding in new ones, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility for new tilesets to be added in.

I realize that they add in an additional tile set with each major update (I probably should have stated that somewhere in the original post) and that they are re-designing the duplicated ones (which is always a good thing) but what I meant was: Take the Glast Gambit (just referring to the update, not the quest) and instead of making the focus of the update being a warframe and its quest, it's instead a map and a quest. Whether that be a revision of a current map or a whole new one added in, either would be fine (in my opinion) but instead of just one per major quest, they find the time to make/re-work one. Or just add in the map along side a warframe or weapon without a quest. Also there wouldn't be a new system added in at the end of the quest (ex: Focus schools, and the Tenno) its just a quest alongside a new area, wether that be a new one or a reworked one. I know it takes a lot of work to do this, and I woundn't expect something like this to just metabolize out of thin air.

42 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

Also, a number of planets still share tilesets! namely venus using the same tileset as pluto, which doesn't make any sense because venus is HOT

Canonically, Venus is cold due to Orokin meddling in the climate. See the Venus cephalon fragment.