Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for if Harrow gets a rework or Augment mods

Ryme

1) Condem: All enemies are linked, so that status effects inflicted on one chained enemy is spread to all other chained enemies.

2) Penance: Can now be charged like Thurible. On cast, will inflicts a % health loss per second on Harrow for the duration of the effect and a % damage buff to all allies, based on the amount charged.

3) Thurible: Summons a spectral priest at cast location that continues to swing Harrow's Thurible and emits an aura of incense that procs elemental statuses on enemies that pass through it. Elemental statuses are determined by elemental damage the spectral priest absorbs. Can absorb and inflict multiple elemental types.

4) Covenant: After the immunity phase, allies within affinity range gains immunity to status effects and damage reduction that scales with the total number of allies within affinity range.  

Edited by Ryme

7 minutes ago, Ryme said:

1) Condem: All enemies are linked, so that status effects inflicted on one chained enemy is spread to all other chained enemies.

2) Penance: Can now be charged like Thurible. On cast, will inflicts a % health loss per second on Harrow for the duration of the effect and a % damage buff to all allies, based on the amount charged.

3) Thurible: Summons a spectral priest at cast location that continues to swing Harrow's Thurible and emits an aura of incense that procs elemental statuses on enemies that pass through it. Elemental statuses are determined by elemental damage the spectral priest absorbs. Can absorb and inflict multiple elemental types.

4) Covenant: After the immunity phase, allies within affinity range gains immunity to status effects and damage reduction that scales with the total number of allies within affinity range.  

Harrow has not even been released yet, and you are talking rework?

Just now, Ryme said:

You may not have the numerical values, but the mechanics are all there.

That's great. Now please tell me how effective these abilities are. 

You can't; therefore, we can't speculate on any improvements/Augments/reworks, because without knowing exactly how powerful the abilities are, there's nothing to base our assumptions on.

24 minutes ago, Ryme said:

I like how they didn't even get through reading the full subject header.

I would just change it to augments instead of rework. Harrow won't possibly get a rework for years because he just came out. Why would he have a rework? I know it's silly people are latching on to that without reading the rest, but I think you may be needlessly distracting them with that bit.

I think your augment ideas are interesting, here are some of my augment ideas. And I disagree slightly with the above posters. I think we know more than enough about his abilities from the new video and all the devstreams to throw out some augment ideas. 

Revealing Condemn: Condemn has a chance to scan enemies trapped in the chains, each instance of condemn can only scan one enemy at a time. If the enemy is fully scanned into the codex, their "head" is highlighted in your energy color while trapped in Condemn. 

Helps fill codex, and helps players learn where heads are on enemies, as well as making it easier from a distance to snap off a headshot, by shooting at the glowy bit. 

Fortifying Sacrifice: During Sacrifice duration all damage done is stored in a counter. When the duration of Sacrifice ends, all allies within affinity range get an temporary armor boost. Boost is bigger depending on how much damage Harrow did during Sacrifice.

Helps Harrow keep his allies alive better. When the invuln from Covenant isn't going, if he isn't constantly healing, he is going to need some other way to mitigate damage for allies to be effective damage mitigation support to even come close to Trin. This would help him greatly in this regard. 

Shielding Thurible: Thurible also restores shields to Harrow and allies within Thurible range. Would work the same as the energy mechanic, shield on kills, more for headshots. 

This gives Harrow a little more way to get his own shields back up besides spamming condemn, and another way to keep up support. 

Sniper's Covenant: All damage done to allies during the invulnerability period not only provides a crit chance buff when invuln ends, but provides other scaling buffs that get stronger with consecutive headshots. (Think sort of like how sniper combo counters work, with continually increased crit chance/damage/damage, etc., but better because you wouldn't need to be zoomed in, you just need to keep getting headshots). 

This last augment would really help Harrow and allies who want to take full advantage of the whole headshot thing, and especially could be interesting for snipers. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

6 minutes ago, Ryme said:

Thought that information was already released, http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Harrow/Abilities

You may not have the numerical values, but the mechanics are all there.

It may sound fine on paper, but it game it could be completely useless or overwhelmingly OP. We also don't how how they will interact. 

Take for example, nidus, he sounded meh on paper but is probably one of the strongest frames you can get. Same goes for harrow..

I'd say wait at least a week before coming up with augments for him.

• 1 month later...

Look I understand your concerns but you cannot just jump straight to the idea that DE will rework a frame for ya. Before excalibur got a rework back in 2015, there was no such thing as warframe rework. Then came Frost, Mag, Rhino, etc. After that, power creep became a real issue in game.So please back off with the rework threads. That frame LITERALLY just came out. You cannot use the idea of a rework as a back up plan for a frame.

22 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You just nekro'd a thread from over a month ago to berate the OP... and not provide anything constructive in regards to augments. Great job... I'm sure you win an award for... something. 

Well excuse my necro. On my phone, it appeared to be from July 28th, not June. I apologize for bringing up this old thread. I'd didn't seem that far gone from the list of topics, also remember, we just got Harrow on our consoles the 28th of July, so it appeared that the topic was from then. MY point on asking for reworks still stands though. Even if it is old, the idea of reworks being the first response to something you don't like is not the right answer. And I want the OP to know that. Augments are inevitable for a warframe, and I can understand that point, but I do not want the idea of a rework being thrown around so casually.
And no award necessary.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044